mrblonde1984

Mike Gillislee 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I think he is an easy drop in PPR. 

I agree with that actually, I'm non PPR so I can't drop him but he does not factor into passing at all on the Pats and I'm sure there would be better RB options out there who can assist in points with catches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gryfter said:

What annoyed me was NE's last drive. Gillislee got the carry on 1st down, gets taken off the field and Brady throws an incompletion, stopping the clock. 

 

Weird, right?

 

It was with 2:03 left. 2 minute warning approaching. No matter what play that they were going to run, the clock was going to stop. It was the best down to try to catch the Bucs off guard and get a first down.

 

As for Gillislee, he ran well, but Dion Lewis also looked extremely good. I honestly cant see why Lewis isnt getting more work. The outlook for Gillislee is not good especially considering how prolific White and Lewis can be in passing game and the return of Burkhead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I can start Gillislee anymore until someone gets hurts.

 

Comparing Gilli with Blount last year, Blount was getting more touches at this point.

Basically it was Blount and an unproven James White to split the carries.

This year, you have a proven White, a healthy Lewis, and soon to be Burkhead all competing for touches.

 

No doubt he will have another mutli TD game, but probably alot of 3-5 point games in between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drop city!!  He'll have his big games.  But we'll never know which game it's going to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People really can't be upset at this. You knew going in this is what he was going to be.  His value solely relies on tds. That didn't change. He just isn't getting tds.

 

he is what we thought he is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was grabbing at his hamstring two rushes in a row and then didn't play again after. Watch for the injury report. Let's not rage drop him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

 

It was with 2:03 left. 2 minute warning approaching. No matter what play that they were going to run, the clock was going to stop. It was the best down to try to catch the Bucs off guard and get a first down.

 

As for Gillislee, he ran well, but Dion Lewis also looked extremely good. I honestly cant see why Lewis isnt getting more work. The outlook for Gillislee is not good especially considering how prolific White and Lewis can be in passing game and the return of Burkhead.

 

They recovered the on side kick and was close to if not already in FG range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marvin Suggs said:

do you guys play in 8 team leagues? In my 12 team league he's FAR from a drop.

He's probably an OK drop in 12 team PPR, especially after the last couple of weeks.

 

In terms of standard, you have to hold him but you can't use him. People thought Burkhead being unavailable would help him, but it didn't at all. Too many mouths to feed, and McDaniels is calling plays like a doodoo head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling their offensive gameplan changed with Gronk out. 

 

I have no problem holding him as a RB 2/3, but that's also because i feel good about the rest of my team, where I don't need to rely on him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Marvin Suggs said:

do you guys play in 8 team leagues? In my 12 team league he's FAR from a drop.

 

Agree that dropping is hard. but to some degree, he is worse than a drop. Can't drop him, but can't play him. So he ends up,sitting in your bench. Let's say next week he goes for 13/55/1 TD. Would you say, Ok, now I can start him with confidence as a RB2/flex?

 

i guess that depends on who else you have. 

 

Id rather have Lewis than Gillislee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

People really can't be upset at this. You knew going in this is what he was going to be.  

 

We did? I thought there was a non-zero chance he's a legit top-10 talent, would get 16+ carries per game, score 12+ TD's, and carry fantasy teams to the promiseland.

 

I really had no clue I was drafting Frank Gore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could've got a legit RB2 for him after his big week 1.

 

Now he's worth practically nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Could've got a legit RB2 for him after his big week 1.

 

Now he's worth practically nothing.

Yes but you'd have been nuts. Hindsight is 20/20. He looked like gold back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We (I) did this to ourselves. I didn't fully research the player adjustments going to a PPR format. The lack of receptions is killing his value. He is the only RB in the top 75 in points scored that doesn't even have a target. 

 

Gills could have 15 carries 55 yards and a TD, plus zero catches for zero receiving yards. That is 11.5 PPR points...even with the touchdown. 

 

Joe smo 3rd down back could get 5 carries for 28 yards. 5 receptions for 38 yards. Thats 11.6 PPR points...without a TD. 

 

If Gills got 55 yards and a TD every game to date...he would be RB#25 in PPR. 

 

His blowup game in week 1 (3 TD performance) doesn't even crack the top 20 in blowup games by a running back in PPR leagues this year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tenner said:

We (I) did this to ourselves. I didn't fully research the player adjustments going to a PPR format. The lack of receptions is killing his value. He is the only RB in the top 75 in points scored that doesn't even have a target. 

 

Gills could have 15 carries 55 yards and a TD, plus zero catches for zero receiving yards. That is 11.5 PPR points...even with the touchdown. 

 

Joe smo 3rd down back could get 5 carries for 28 yards. 5 receptions for 38 yards. Thats 11.6 PPR points...without a TD. 

 

If Gills got 55 yards and a TD every game to date...he would be RB#25 in PPR. 

 

His blowup game in week 1 (3 TD performance) doesn't even crack the top 20 in blowup games by a running back in PPR leagues this year. 

 

His  blowup game didn't require a Herculean effort to achieve. It simply illustrated the potential for that role to succeed. 

 

We're buying the goal-line back on New England, and what it HAS been. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet-- and MG is easily the most talented back they've seen since Steven Ridley(who he is more talented than), and could easily replicate what has happened in the past, given the circumstance. 

 

When those 2-3 yardline touchdowns aren't there-- it's not gonna be time to feast.

 

I'll keep trotting him out until something else pops up, but if you're in need of a high ceiling player to make your week-- you may want to look elsewhere.

Edited by RevisAteMyQB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

 

We did? I thought there was a non-zero chance he's a legit top-10 talent, would get 16+ carries per game, score 12+ TD's, and carry fantasy teams to the promiseland.

 

I really had no clue I was drafting Frank Gore.  

Congrats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's the victim of game flow. The Patriots have been struggling on both sides of the ball this season. Last season they were routinely getting up on opponents by multiple scores early in games. Their defense was also much better. If they can fix their issues MG should see a surge in production. Unfortunately we can't know when or if that will happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

He's the victim of game flow. The Patriots have been struggling on both sides of the ball this season. Last season they were routinely getting up on opponents by multiple scores early in games. Their defense was also much better. If they can fix their issues MG should see a surge in production. Unfortunately we can't know when or if that will happen. 

 

agreed. it's funny how quickly he went from an amazing "sell high" to a (possible) savvy "buy low".

If the Patriots get on track and start demolishing teams in typical NE fashion, I can see Gillislee being a fantasy stud (in standard).

Until then... it's tough to start him. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea im not sure anyone expected the pats D to be as bad as it is.  that also has an impact on Gills' numbers.

 

I'm not quite dropping yet, but he's firmly on bench for the foreseeable future.

 

3 weeks in a row he's been projected for double digit numbers and came up way short every week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's everyone doing with him?  I ended up dropping him.  I would rather have a potential bellcow back on my team than an ineffective RB part of a 4 way committee who is strictly TD dependent. I mean, you can't start the guy and he is untradeable... 

Edited by phatrat
Cool Story removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would wait till after the Jets to drop him.  I have a feeling he will have a big game against them.

Maybe you can sell high then.

Also remember Brady is a little dinged up.  Probably would want to pound the ball a bit more this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 8:03 PM, RevisAteMyQB said:

His  blowup game didn't require a Herculean effort to achieve.

 

Except it's not repeatable on a weekly basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 3:05 PM, tjspark said:

Yes but you'd have been nuts. Hindsight is 20/20. He looked like gold back then.

Not really. I didn't get him moved, but I was the one telling everyone to panic after weeks 1 and 2. He's just not involved enough. It was never unclear what his role was on this team. He's an occasional change of pace and goal line back. You don't often get 3 goal line plunges in one game. He's still a desperation flex/bye week fill in, but that's all he ever appeared to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.