Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFCollusion

Terrelle Pryor 2017 Season Outlook

104 posts in this topic

Signed with the Redskins, who keep Cousins for the time being, and just had two 1,000+ yard receivers depart in Garcon and D.Jax.

Redskins signed Terrelle Pryor, formerly of the Browns, to a one-year, $8 million contract.

Things have not been going great in Washington, but this is a good signing for an offense which lost a lot of receiving talent early in free agency. Pryor and Josh Doctson, assuming he is healthy, give Washington a dynamic pair of outside receivers while Jordan Reed and Jamison Crowder are dangerous weapons inside. As long as Kirk Cousins sticks around, Washington's offense should continue to hum in 2017. As for Pryor, he will undoubtedly be looking for a monster year playing on a prove-it contract, and Washington has the target opportunity to make that happen, although there are plenty of mouths to feed when everyone is healthy. Still, Pryor has high-end WR2 upside.

In his first full year as an NFL WR, despite playing on the 1-15 Browns, with RG3, Cody Kessler, and Kevin Hogan throwing him the ball, he managed 77/1007/4.

He's 6'4, 223, and runs a 4.3 for those who didn't catch on last year.

Currently being drafted as WR28, 65OVR, which is sure to rise in his new position, he managed a 21st finishing position among WRs in 2016.

3 people like this

oh man. potential goon or overdraft candidate? 

I love the cousins Pryor connection. low range wr1 candidate.(although he'd have to be my wr2 to feel comfortable)

Edited by Rizzle630

The Browns pay 16M for a second round pick but couldn't pay half of that for a player worth easily more than the second round pick.

Fascinating.

6 people like this

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The Browns pay 16M for a second round pick but couldn't pay half of that for a player worth easily more than the second round pick.

Fascinating.

Theyll have plenty of cap space to sign him next year after Cousins leaves WAS. 

Assuming Cousins is the starter next year, I'm excited.  Everything is ADP dependent, but he's definitely a target for me if I can get him at WR2 pricing.  I'd expect him to be a back end WR1. 

15 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Fascinating.

The Browns are paying $8.125 million a year for 4 years of Kenny Britt.

They couldn't come up with $8 million for Pryor?

That's appalling.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Theyll have plenty of cap space to sign him next year after Cousins leaves WAS. 

cousins is gonna get pryor paid. I predict rams overpayment next off-season. 

3 minutes ago, Rizzle630 said:

cousins is gonna get pryor paid. I predict rams overpayment next off-season. 

Nah.  Go 49ers and keep the good times rolling with Cousins. 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, jmausen said:

That's appalling.

Now it's only $6 million with $2 million in incentives.

WTF did Cleveland offer?

Redskins signed WR Terrelle Pryor, formerly of the Browns, to a one-year, $6 million contract.

Things aren't going great in Washington, but this is a good signing for an offense which has lost a lot of receiving talent. Pryor's market wasn't nearly as hot as anticipated, so he's settling for a one-year, prove-it deal. He can make another $2 million in incentives. Pryor and Josh Doctson -- assuming Doctson is healthy -- give Washington a dynamic pair of outside receivers while Jordan Reed and Jamison Crowder are dangerous weapons inside. As long as Kirk Cousins sticks around, Washington's offense should continue to hum. Pryor will undoubtedly be looking for a monster year in his prove-it situation, and Washington has the target opportunity to make that happen, although there are many mouths to feed when everyone is healthy. Still, Pryor has high-end WR2 upside.
1 person likes this

I cant believe he couldn't find a more enticing deal when we see the likes of Robert woods getting a deal(albeit lower guaranteed money). I doubt he didn't get better multi year offers. 

guy must want a huge contract so he's gambling on a 1 year deal. 

I'm so confused by his market.

Can someone explain to me why more teams weren't interested at this price? 

3 people like this

1 minute ago, 96mnc said:

I'm so confused by his market.

Can someone explain to me why more teams weren't interested at this price? 

I believe he was surely offered multi year deals but nothing high enough per year nor guaranteed. he may believe hes elite and figured a date with cousins, and ultimately turning down other multi year deals, would get him that big contract next year. Cleveland may have offered more for all we know but we can all agree cousins offers the big stat potential.

that's my logic at least for this dumb cheap contract.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, jmausen said:

That's appalling.

If Joe Thomas stumbles across this please wear a purple top hat to your next interview if the Browns are holding you against your will.

Thank you.

2 people like this

Only 1 productive year, maybe?  He's older than your average developmental guy, but at 27 it's not like he's going to start declining for at least another 3-4 years.  I'd be happy as a fan of almost any team except the Cowboys or Packers spending $10-$12M per year (I think he's better than DJAX, who gets $12), 5 years, with 2-3 years worth of guarantees.  I'm not aware of any red flags besides less experience that make me not want to dive in.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

Only 1 productive year, maybe?  He's older than your average developmental guy, but at 27 it's not like he's going to start declining for at least another 3-4 years.  I'd be happy as a fan of almost any team except the Cowboys or Packers spending $10-$12M per year (I think he's better than DJAX, who gets $12), 5 years, with 2-3 years worth of guarantees.  I'm not aware of any red flags besides less experience that make me not want to dive in.

I agree.  Pryor could possibly even get better since he switched to WR recently, and he can be used as an emergency QB.  I'm surprised he got so little compared to the other WRs.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I agree.  Pryor could possibly even get better since he switched to WR recently, and he can be used as an emergency QB.  I'm surprised he got so little compared to the other WRs.

I'm still dumbfounded.

Did the GMs NOT watch all his film?  

1 person likes this

Got to admit... I am happy we got Marshall, but I really wanted Pryor for the Giants.

ODB, Pryor, Shepard, Parker... a core for years.

8 minutes ago, Winky said:

Got to admit... I am happy we got Marshall, but I really wanted Pryor for the Giants.

ODB, Pryor, Shepard, Parker... a core for years.

Can always try again next year...

I can't imagine that there weren't 30 teams willing to pay more for him.

So Pryor and Jeffrey get less than Garcon and Britt. OK. 

6'4 220s 4.3-something 40.

He was WR21 last year and his offensive situation just improved dramatically.

I have a lot of questions as to why he ended up with this contract on this team, but his fantasy outlook is not nearly as clouded. 

Buy, buy, buy. 

25 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

So Pryor and Jeffrey get less than Garcon and Britt. OK. 

6'4 220s 4.3-something 40.

He was WR21 last year and his offensive situation just improved dramatically.

I have a lot of questions as to why he ended up with this contract on this team, but his fantasy outlook is not nearly as clouded. 

Buy, buy, buy. 

He needed 140+ targets to be a top-24 WR last yr. Will he get those being the #3 option behind Reed and Crowder?

43 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

He needed 140+ targets to be a top-24 WR last yr. Will he get those being the #3 option behind Reed and Crowder?

He shouldn't need as much volume as 140.  He'll have a better and more accurate QB throwing to him so his catch rate and efficiency should increase.  Not to mention increased TD potential due to a better offense.

How many targets did Garcon and Djax have?  Huge void there.

And I wouldn't default him behind Crowder.  

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

He shouldn'rt need as much volume aa 140.  He'll have a better and more accurate QB throwing to him so his catch rate and efficiency should increase.  Not to mention increased TD potential due to a better offense.

How many targets did Garcon and Djax have.  Huge void there.

And I wouldn't default him behind Crowder.  

I would. Crowder knows the system and is Cousins' security blanket. They have a lot invested in Doctson as well. Agreed that 120 targets from Cousins = 140+ from CLE QBs if he can reach that volume. 

Crowder is strictly a slot receiver. Pryor is going to play outside and be on the field in 2-WR sets. Pryor is likely their #1 right now with the Skins hoping Doctson steps up into a #1 or #2 role this season.