Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFCollusion

Terrelle Pryor 2017 Season Outlook

260 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Pippadoc said:

That's very interesting, but I wouldn't necessarily take the same analysis from it.

It jumps out to me that Pryor's only poor route's were deep balls (Post and Go's). He played with Kessler for a fair period of time, who's arm strength was a concern coming out of college, so with a QB more adept at the deep ball could we see those numbers go up? I'm inclined to think so to some extent at least.

This.

I'm really starting to believe. Not only because of some of these great catches on bad throws, but people are discounting the fact that Pryor can get you bonus fantasy points as a wildcat QB. I see some very well-ran routes in this reel as well.

Edited by dabeesta17
1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

This graphic is pretty neat.  thanks for posting it.

I can tell you when it came to running go routes, from the film I watched...I wouldn't blame Pryor for the inefficiency as much as the playcalling and QBs.

My favorite play from the Browns was in week 14 vs the Bengals...

Pretend you are the Browns...your QB is RG3.  You're playing in the snow...backed up on your 2 yard line.  First and ten, what do you call?  A flea flicker bomb!  

What does RG3 do?  Throws to the WR who is triple covered and compounds the mistake by overthrowing Pryor instead of under throwing it and giving Pryor a chance.  I can tell you the WR on the other side of the field ran a go route and had single coverage.

So what's the moral of this story?  The low passer rating on Go Routes might not all be on Pryor.   

https://youtu.be/Slnb8PBzmZw?t=1m26s

I'll just throw in that Cousins 81.9 on go routes isn't that bad, the league average is 84.7

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cousins-excited-to-connect-with-new-washington-wr-pryor/

This too.

I don't think people realize how bad the Browns qb play and OL were last year.

3 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

I challenge you to quote every single person in this thread, who has stated they believe Pryor will be a bonafide WR1 in fantasy this year.

Mikeflavaz doesn't count, your post came before his.

i'm not necessarily referring to this board only and i haven't really read the beginning of this thread. it just seems a lot feel like many of the site pundits where the mantra is something like easy top15 with potential for top 10. i have read something like that in a fair amount of places.  i'm merely skeptical for the reasons i brought up and offered some counterpoints. i don't think he will be garbage. i just don't think he's gonna be worth the price and i don't want him as anything more than a wr3. cause that's how i see him. a boom/bust wr3 with wr 2 potential. maybe i'm wrong and the salivating pundits and board members are right but i figured i'd just offer some reasons to pump the brakes on the hype emanating from here and elsewhere

1 hour ago, Packdog said:

cause that's how i see him. a boom/bust wr3 with wr 2 potential

So is that just a "gut feeling" or are you projecting that based off of a certain amount of targets you expect to go his way?

9 hours ago, 96mnc said:

"I'm pretty sure Gruden led offenses going back to Cincy all cleared 580 pass attempts, it's not just a Washington thing."   

I shouldn't have stated a number being a problem, it's not how many times a team passes, but the balance. According to pro football reference.com, while Gruden was the OC for the Bengals:

Year    Pass    Run

2011    535     455

2012    540     430

2013    587     481 

Last year they threw the ball 607 times and ran it just 379 times. He said last summer they needed to run the ball better & he's saying those same things again. LG was a problem but they're banking on Arie Kouandjio, whose at his best at power run. They struggled to get blocks on the perimeter from Jackson, Reed & Garcon, so they added one of the better blocking TEs, plus two new starting WRs. A guy that has impressed that a lot of scouts liked is Samaje Perine, watch out for him! To boot, Rob Kelley isn't just conceding, he's ready too. Then, they have really added to the defense and if they're improved, this team's game scripts could look much different than in recent years.   

Edited by markrc99

16 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

"I really like crowder this year, but I just don't think I can take Crowder over guys like Moncrief or Garcon who are being drafted in same range." 

I like Crowder as well. But you're right, Garcon is going to assume the z-slot for the niners & Moncrief just needs to stay healthy. However, here's what Jay Gruden said yesterday:

"We feel like we have the best inside receiver — one of the best ones in the game — in Jamison so we weren’t really looking to add another one there." https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/04/30/coach-jay-gruden-on-how-each-of-the-redskins-2017-draft-picks-fit-into-the-puzzle/?utm_term=.8b55f1024187

1 person likes this

Maybe I should start considering crowder over Moncrief. 

Not pulling the trigger today, but will think on it. Crowder might be the best fantasy wide receiver in this offense IMO. 

The more I'm looking at Pryor the more I see a back end WR2 (I was saying wr3 maybe WR2) .  My early penciling in is going to have him with very comparable numbers to last year with the Browns and something around WR19 - 20.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
2 people like this

Thing about that situation, Reed & Crowder don't really need to build on their rapport with Cousins. So the preseason could see Doctson and primarily Pryor going off...lol 

Edited by markrc99

When looking at the current WR2 and WR3s that could emerge this year and become a WR1, I put Pryor at the top of my list.  Others I see that are getting a lot of discussion are DeVante Parker, Donte Moncreif, Jamison Crowder, Stefan Diggs, Willie Snead, Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, and Tyreek Hill.  I really like Hill too.  I'm almost to the point where I even think Pryor and Hill are is more likely than the medical ward: Sammie Watkins, Keenan Allen, and Alson Jeffrey.