Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFCollusion

Terrelle Pryor 2017 Season Outlook

87 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

I can't see taking Pryor before Crowder or Shepard, which I'm not sure is even relevant. If the hype in this forum is how Pryor is broadly perceived & it certainly seems as such, then by the time September rolls around you'll be lucky to get him in the 5th rd. From what I've read Pryor is still very raw, which doesn't lend itself to being a legit primary at this level. But there's what he did in Cleveland. Thing about his production there is that it was on a ONE WIN team! That offense, the QB play didn't scare anyone. C'mon, do we really need to pound them senseless & win 42-0? Watching Pryor, he's a long-strider and looks very straight-linish to me. He does have that massive frame and wingspan. I think we all agree more than not, Doctson's progress could be key.       

Before Shepard... come on man. I could understand taking Crowder before from a ppr perspective but how Shepard. How can you possibly spin that the 3rd WR on the Giants behind Marshall and OBJ deserves to be taken before Pryor. Shepard has no upside. Just like last year, but now in a worse situation. 

1 person likes this

On 3/21/2017 at 2:09 PM, markrc99 said:

I can't see taking Pryor before Crowder or Shepard, which I'm not sure is even relevant. If the hype in this forum is how Pryor is broadly perceived & it certainly seems as such, then by the time September rolls around you'll be lucky to get him in the 5th rd. From what I've read Pryor is still very raw, which doesn't lend itself to being a legit primary at this level. But there's what he did in Cleveland. Thing about his production there is that it was on a ONE WIN team! That offense, the QB play didn't scare anyone. C'mon, do we really need to pound them senseless & win 42-0? Watching Pryor, he's a long-strider and looks very straight-linish to me. He does have that massive frame and wingspan. I think we all agree more than not, Doctson's progress could be key.       

I can't see spending draft capital on guys whose upside is capped at WR3. You can get them all year long on waivers. Pryor, on the other hand, has a pretty limitless ceiling. Not sure exactly where your analysis is coming from, I've seen plenty of Pryor catches off of sick route-running/quickness combinations. 

I'd be stoked to get Pryor in the fifth if Cousins is his QB, but think he goes sooner.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, OBJfor6 said:

"...I've seen plenty of Pryor catches off of sick route-running/quickness combinations. I'd be stoked to get Pryor in the fifth if Cousins is his QB, but think he goes sooner."

Oh of course, his greatness, what else could it be? Post what you have, I'd like to break it down for myself, if that's alright. The structure within that organization, I'm not so sure of it right now. Cousins doesn't have to prove anything & if he'd just as soon be playing somewhere else, I don't know. Perhaps Garcon & Jackson had a lot to do with providing Cousins quality targets? Their market value league-wide compared to that of Pryor along with how he's perceived here are two totally different things. You know, at first, Pryor was all about returning to Cleveland, he was really into the "building process". No one here cares about that, he's now all about maximizing his bank account, that translates to motivation, or something... News at ten, we're going to lose our entire audience if you run up the score ... or don't let them have a little.

It's viewed as a no-brainer that Pryor is in a better situation than before, perhaps he is. To find out I'll have to part with a 5th rd section or even sooner, as you rightly estimate, I think. The Redskins have 10 draft picks & the TE position is purportedly a very deep class. Jake Butt or Jeremy Sprinkle are mid-round options that can both receiver & block, which is a guy they don't have. If it's Vernon Davis, I mean, he's an older player. There are a few intriguing options at WR they may consider. There's talk about a ball-carrier..... just saying, they have work to do at the skill positions and that offense can evolve into something that helps Pryor or doesn't necessarily. Throwing Pryor the football got the Browns a win, ONE! Washington needs to win & throwing him the ball means...... maybe so.      

3 hours ago, markrc99 said:

Oh of course, his greatness, what else could it be? Post what you have, I'd like to break it down for myself, if that's alright. The structure within that organization, I'm not so sure of it right now. Cousins doesn't have to prove anything & if he'd just as soon be playing somewhere else, I don't know. Perhaps Garcon & Jackson had a lot to do with providing Cousins quality targets? Their market value league-wide compared to that of Pryor along with how he's perceived here are two totally different things. You know, at first, Pryor was all about returning to Cleveland, he was really into the "building process". No one here cares about that, he's now all about maximizing his bank account, that translates to motivation, or something... News at ten, we're going to lose our entire audience if you run up the score ... or don't let them have a little.

It's viewed as a no-brainer that Pryor is in a better situation than before, perhaps he is. To find out I'll have to part with a 5th rd section or even sooner, as you rightly estimate, I think. The Redskins have 10 draft picks & the TE position is purportedly a very deep class. Jake Butt or Jeremy Sprinkle are mid-round options that can both receiver & block, which is a guy they don't have. If it's Vernon Davis, I mean, he's an older player. There are a few intriguing options at WR they may consider. There's talk about a ball-carrier..... just saying, they have work to do at the skill positions and that offense can evolve into something that helps Pryor or doesn't necessarily. Throwing Pryor the football got the Browns a win, ONE! Washington needs to win & throwing him the ball means...... maybe so.      

JMHO but I think you're underestimating how rare it is for someone to accomplish what Pryor did last year.   Not only transitioning from QB to WR at the NFL level relatively late in his career but then to be as productive as he was in only his second year as a WR period is unprecedented.

An evaluation of Pryor should start with this question - do you think he has maxed out in terms of learning how to play the position and is a finished product?  If you think he has then pass.  If you don't then buy.

1 person likes this

6'4", 240, 4.32 40-yd-dash.

Can we just think about this for a second.  Holy moly.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

6'4", 240, 4.32 40-yd-dash.

Can we just think about this for a second.  Holy moly.

And as competitive as any athlete I've ever seen.   Not more competitive, as competitive.

Good player, great situation. 
If he can't get double digit TDs this year, it really tells me something about his skill set. 

2 hours ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

Good player, great situation. 
If he can't get double digit TDs this year, it really tells me something about his skill set. 

I don't think that's fair.  There's a lot of talented guys that don't get double digit TD's.  

Over the last decade, 82 receivers (apparently, this includes TEs) have made that list, or about 8 per year.  Last year, only Jordy, Evans, Brown, Beckham, and Adams made it. Tedd Ginn made it in 2015 but Julio didn't.  

43 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

I don't think that's fair.  There's a lot of talented guys that don't get double digit TD's.  

Over the last decade, 82 receivers (apparently, this includes TEs) have made that list, or about 8 per year.  Last year, only Jordy, Evans, Brown, Beckham, and Adams made it. Tedd Ginn made it in 2015 but Julio didn't.  

I'd take a number at or around 10. 
If he can double last year's total, that will do.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS