AJP1124

Cooks or Pryor-Dynasty Value

14 posts in this topic

I have been involved in many cooks trade talks lately with the trade rumors swirling. One offer in particular sparked my interested which had me curious on what others would do in the situation 

I was offered 

Pryor

tevin Coleman 

deandre Washington 

first round rookie pick next year 

14th overall rookie pick this year 

and I would be giving 

Brandin Cooks

the 11th overall rookie pick this year 

the 18th overall rookie pick this year 

keep in mind this is a dynasty league format. Another important piece of info is that the salaries match perfectly so no salary gain/loss from either side. My wideouts currently are Amare cooper, Allen Robinson, Brandin Cooks,  and Moncrief, My running backs are LaMar Miller, Derek Henry, Thomas Rawls, Crowell, and Dion Lewis. 

Curious is what everyone's take is on that offer and what you would do. 

10 minutes ago, AJP1124 said:

I have been involved in many cooks trade talks lately with the trade rumors swirling. One offer in particular sparked my interested which had me curious on what others would do in the situation 

I was offered 

Pryor

tevin Coleman 

deandre Washington 

first round rookie pick next year 

14th overall rookie pick this year 

and I would be giving 

Brandin Cooks

the 11th overall rookie pick this year 

the 18th overall rookie pick this year 

keep in mind this is a dynasty league format. Another important piece of info is that the salaries match perfectly so no salary gain/loss from either side. My wideouts currently are Amare cooper, Allen Robinson, Brandin Cooks,  and Moncrief, My running backs are LaMar Miller, Derek Henry, Thomas Rawls, Crowell, and Dion Lewis. 

Curious is what everyone's take is on that offer and what you would do. 

Man. That is one tough trade. I think I'd keep Cooks for the next 7 or so years.

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Man. That is one tough trade. I think I'd keep Cooks for the next 7 or so years.

22 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Ya It had me pacing back and forth after getting the offer I'm not going to lie. Tough because in my eyes, Washington will always be change of pace. And Coleman with Freeman there is always going to be a hard every week starter. Pryor to the skins is nice but cooks to patriots is promising too. 

I'd take the cooks side.

I don't think that coleman is close to cooks but he is the best piece that guy is offering.

The only way I'd do this for sure is if his pick was high next year.

Chalk me up as another that thinks you should pass. Those picks could *hopefully* help out your thin RB core as well.

18 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Chalk me up as another that thinks you should pass. Those picks could *hopefully* help out your thin RB core as well.

Thanks for the input fellas. I declined. I think with Cooks now in New England now there is room for big upside going forward. 

On 3/12/2017 at 3:15 PM, AJP1124 said:

Thanks for the input fellas. I declined. I think with Cooks now in New England now there is room for big upside going forward. 

It was good value but you can flip Cooks for that during or after the season. His value is only going to stay/rise.

2 people like this

On 3/14/2017 at 1:16 PM, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

It was good value but you can flip Cooks for that during or after the season. His value is only going to stay/rise.

Definitely stuck with him and will see how the patriots use him. I hope he is slated in their future because I think he can solidify a WR1 role there if used frequently and effectively. With that said, I now have Amare cooper, Allen Robinson, Brandin cooks, and donte Moncrief in my dynasty league. I wonder if I should try and flip one for one of these rookie runningbacks coming out. Everytime I dig into these players, I see a lot of similarities in star backs. Landing spots are always key(Derek Henry to Titans) but I feel you can always get a solid fantasy football wideout anywhere but consistent and productive RBs are hard to come by. That is a revolving door typically unless you are elite status which I think one, if not 2 or 3, of these rookie RBs can be. It's hard to determine anything pre draft, but the value may become pricey post draft after these guy's land. A dalvin cook to redskins and a Fournette to panthers is a lot different than a cook to the Browns and a fournette to the Jaguars

8 minutes ago, AJP1124 said:

Definitely stuck with him and will see how the patriots use him. I hope he is slated in their future because I think he can solidify a WR1 role there if used frequently and effectively. With that said, I now have Amare cooper, Allen Robinson, Brandin cooks, and donte Moncrief in my dynasty league. I wonder if I should try and flip one for one of these rookie runningbacks coming out. Everytime I dig into these players, I see a lot of similarities in star backs. Landing spots are always key(Derek Henry to Titans) but I feel you can always get a solid fantasy football wideout anywhere but consistent and productive RBs are hard to come by. That is a revolving door typically unless you are elite status which I think one, if not 2 or 3, of these rookie RBs can be. It's hard to determine anything pre draft, but the value may become pricey post draft after these guy's land. A dalvin cook to redskins and a Fournette to panthers is a lot different than a cook to the Browns and a fournette to the Jaguars

I think it is too late to trade for rookie picks, the price is getting ridiculous. 
The combine also sucked, Cook and Fournette ruined their stock for me. 
Also, the Browns will have a way better OL than the Jags, Panthers, or Skins. They are close to returning to elite form. 

Crowell behind the Browns OL and Henry (a much more talented version of Fournette) behind the Titans OL is all you'll need IMO. 
I would definitely keep Cooks and Robinson. Cooper has a hefty price in dynasty leagues and I wouldn't flip him for anything worse than a top 8 back.

The only thing you could try is Moncrief for a pick in the 1.01-1.04 range. 

Good luck.

11 minutes ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

I think it is too late to trade for rookie picks, the price is getting ridiculous. 
The combine also sucked, Cook and Fournette ruined their stock for me. 
Also, the Browns will have a way better OL than the Jags, Panthers, or Skins. They are close to returning to elite form. 

Crowell behind the Browns OL and Henry (a much more talented version of Fournette) behind the Titans OL is all you'll need IMO. 
I would definitely keep Cooks and Robinson. Cooper has a hefty price in dynasty leagues and I wouldn't flip him for anything worse than a top 8 back.

The only thing you could try is Moncrief for a pick in the 1.01-1.04 range. 

Good luck.

I think the issue in most trade situations when looking at rookies is that, you see Ezekiel Elliot go first overall in rookie drafts and explode and then the 1-4 picks now are looked at as gold mines. With this draft, I do see the potential for 1-2 elites to form. And maybe that situation happens again making these rookie draft picks more valuable with these type of players involved. But I do agree with you that Henry and Crowell may be poised to produce at a high level with their current situations. The Crowell potential trade talk around the NFL scares me, because I actually have Crowell and Henry, but I have faith in production out of them. 

3 minutes ago, AJP1124 said:

I think the issue in most trade situations when looking at rookies is that, you see Ezekiel Elliot go first overall in rookie drafts and explode and then the 1-4 picks now are looked at as gold mines. With this draft, I do see the potential for 1-2 elites to form. And maybe that situation happens again making these rookie draft picks more valuable with these type of players involved. But I do agree with you that Henry and Crowell may be poised to produce at a high level with their current situations. The Crowell potential trade talk around the NFL scares me, because I actually have Crowell and Henry, but I have faith in production out of them. 

I agree. Anyone looking at this class as equivalent to last year is insane.
Joe Mixon, had he just put his hands in his pockets and walked out that night, would be this year's Elliot. 
Corey Davis is the closest to a sure thing that there is in this class but even he comes from a small school. He absolutely killed it there but there is a 5% doubt there along with the fact that he hasn't tested yet.
This isn't a Gurley/Gordon, Elliot/Henry, Watkins/Evans class. 

I'd compare this class more to the Leveon Bell class actually. Too bad everyone was touting Lacy then. I'm seeing it now though, Fournette and Cook have bust potential. If you put McCaffrey and Mixon in the correct situations, they will not bust IMO. That's why I think the real value may be in the 1.04 or 1.05.

1 hour ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

I agree. Anyone looking at this class as equivalent to last year is insane.
Joe Mixon, had he just put his hands in his pockets and walked out that night, would be this year's Elliot. 
Corey Davis is the closest to a sure thing that there is in this class but even he comes from a small school. He absolutely killed it there but there is a 5% doubt there along with the fact that he hasn't tested yet.
This isn't a Gurley/Gordon, Elliot/Henry, Watkins/Evans class. 

I'd compare this class more to the Leveon Bell class actually. Too bad everyone was touting Lacy then. I'm seeing it now though, Fournette and Cook have bust potential. If you put McCaffrey and Mixon in the correct situations, they will not bust IMO. That's why I think the real value may be in the 1.04 or 1.05.

I Agree with you there.  I think this is a thick draft but like all drafts, depends where they fall. I am a bengals fan, don't hate me lol, I keep seeing fournette and mixon as who we are targeting. And even as a Bengal fan I think both those guys, even with their talent, will not live up to their potential With us. Or New Orleans, Detroit, Jacksonville, where they are projected to fall. Which limits my opinion on them until we see where they fall. 

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, AJP1124 said:

I Agree with you there.  I think this is a thick draft but like all drafts, depends where they fall. I am a bengals fan, don't hate me lol, I keep seeing fournette and mixon as who we are targeting. And even as a Bengal fan I think both those guys, even with their talent, will not live up to their potential With us. Or New Orleans, Detroit, Jacksonville, where they are projected to fall. Which limits my opinion on them until we see where they fall. 

Haha, I don't mind the Bengals and don't hate the Ravens as much as you think because part of my family are Ravens fans. I absolutely hate everything Pennsylvania though and West Virginia. 
The one thing that bums me out are the Lynch reports. I really want the Raiders to draft one of the top backs. That is close to an Elliot/Henry OL and it is an even better overall offense. Carr is just as good as Mariota and Prescott and the Raiders have way better WRs.
I hope the Elliot draft doesn't have a ripple effect in the real draft. It is stupid to take an RB that early, especially in a deep class.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS