Sign in to follow this  
Winky

Jared Cook 2017 Outlook

Apparently turned down more money than GB offered Martellus Bennett... (3/20MM)

mE7j3_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starb

Hey Ma, the Meatloaf!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Winky said:

Apparently turned down more money than GB offered Martellus Bennett... (3/20MM)

mE7j3_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starb

Hey Ma, the Meatloaf!

I'm sure the GB front office leaked this publicly to make Rodgers happy (since he lobbied hard publicly for them to keep Cook, and is the main reason they all still have their jobs after letting the roster deteriorate the way it did last year). No other reason for them to disclose terms that were offered to a player they ended up not signing. 

Cook to Oakland.  That offense has some scary weapons.  Too bad he will probably be overshadowed by two good wr's.  

2 minutes ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

Cook to Oakland.  That offense has some scary weapons.  Too bad he will probably be overshadowed by two good wr's.  

This is blasphemy.

You're only allowed to overhype Giant Beetlejuice in these parts.

3 hours ago, Proteus said:

This is blasphemy.

You're only allowed to overhype Giant Beetlejuice in these parts.

BzgkiXhCQAAG9Xr.png:large

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

Jared Cook isnt that talented. He's solid at best. 

17 hours ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

I don't think so.

We all expect the Raiders to draft an RB but as of today, they are set up to be one of the most pass heavy teams in football.

Ebron/Henry/streaming TE owners should consider pouncing. Would not be surprised if this week's stat-line is the norm. Looks headed for a top 12 TE season if that's the case. 

He's kind of sneaky right now. 5 targets for 5 catches and 55 yards. Not a bad day on a great offense. He's known to disappear at times, but so are most Tight Ends these days.

Worth a look for streamers in week 2 against an awful Jets team. Have been fooled by this guy before but he doesn't appear to have any competition for the position in Oakland at all, meaning he won't get any potential touchdowns vultured by the Lance Kendricks of the world

Edited by lolcopter

Anyone streaming him this week. Graham owner here.

Great matchup as Redskins are the league worst (granted only after 2 games) in % of targets thrown (High percentage of targets go to their opposition TE vs WR or RB) Target success and yards per attempt to TE.

Two good offenses, High O/U should be high scoring. 

Cook has been targeted 11 times so far this year catching 9 for 81.  1 RZ target.

Yep I'm streaming cookie this week, putting eifert on the bench until they get that mess straightened out in Cincy. Cook should bring solid floor in PPR. 

I'm looking at streaming Cook this week too.  My opponent has D Carr so thinking Cook makes a nice plug in to possibly negate a Carr TD.

I think Norman covering the WR's will lead to a lot of looks for Cook in the middle of the field and could be a good bet for a TD.

• Like 2

Keeping tabs

Jared Cook (shoulder) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

Cook looked healthy in Week 2, snaring four-of-six targets for 25 yards in a blowout win over the Jets. This could simply be a case of the Raiders managing his practice reps. Regardless, he should be ready to roll for Sunday Night Football against the Redskins.

On 9/21/2017 at 6:09 AM, tts42572 said:

I'm looking at streaming Cook this week too.  My opponent has D Carr so thinking Cook makes a nice plug in to possibly negate a Carr TD.

I think Norman covering the WR's will lead to a lot of looks for Cook in the middle of the field and could be a good bet for a TD.

A little off topic here, but I do this sometimes to negate the TD for the opposing QB too.  Is that solid strategy?  I'm never really sure, it seems like just playing it safe.  I suppose if you played, say Ben Watson instead, he could score and those points would mean more than a Cook TD since your opponent is playing Carr.  But the downside is obviously Watson doesn't score, and then Carr throws TDs to everyone and all of them "count".

Cook has disappointed so much, I know the minute I pick him up, he'll be back to being same old Cook.  

Cynthia Freeland pointed out that some of the passes Carr is throwing Cook, notably back shoulder passes, demonstrate a lot of trust in old Cookie. I find this promising considering its only week 2 and Oakland is a high power offense. I'm buying. 

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:55 AM, mar1kle said:

Anyone streaming him this week. Graham owner here.

Great matchup as Redskins are the league worst (granted only after 2 games) in % of targets thrown (High percentage of targets go to their opposition TE vs WR or RB) Target success and yards per attempt to TE.

Two good offenses, High O/U should be high scoring. 

Cook has been targeted 11 times so far this year catching 9 for 81.  1 RZ target.

Also a Graham owner streaming Cook this week.  Hoping he produces in the RZ without Crabtree snaking TDs!

good game but bench against Denver or is he a guy that you play week in and week out? (tired aggravated hunter henry owner)

23 hours ago, floppy said:

good game but bench against Denver or is he a guy that you play week in and week out? (tired aggravated hunter henry owner)

Denver actually gave up 6-39-1 to Clay against Buffalo and 10-97-1 to Witten for Dallas (at home). I'm starting Cook over Witten vs Rams this week. 

Ehh, still not buying on this eternal fantasy disappointment.  Skins got raked over for 100+ yards by tight ends week 1 and 2.  Was expecting a bigger game from Cook but still managed to score a TD.  I realize that TE is a minefield this year but I don't think you can rely on him.  Oakland offense looked perplexed.  Going to continue looking for a weekly streamer.

Crabtree downgraded to doubtful, Cook looking like an interesting option this week.

On 9/26/2017 at 1:51 PM, CooL said:

Ehh, still not buying on this eternal fantasy disappointment.  Skins got raked over for 100+ yards by tight ends week 1 and 2.  Was expecting a bigger game from Cook but still managed to score a TD.  I realize that TE is a minefield this year but I don't think you can rely on him.  Oakland offense looked perplexed.  Going to continue looking for a weekly streamer.

When is TE not a minefield? 

Carrs ruled out week 5

EJ Manual seemed to be targeting Cook often, unfortuantely Cook developed alligator arms on that endzone attempt, which would have given him good day

Thoughts on Cook this week against Bal??? Or what streamer do you like???