Cdub2k

Thomas Rawls 2017 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, JrsKars said:

This week will be the test against Carson im not doubting Carson but that seattle O-Line man PC needs to switch some guys around to try to make it a little better for Carson, Carson needs to really shine against Indy this week to have job security

Every week is a test when you are referring to a seattle rb. . .:lol:

1 hour ago, kp96 said:

Rawls is one of the better handcuffs / lottery tickets in the league.

I agree. He's being dropped a lot. This is when owner's fatigue starts to set in. 

I may stash him for a week or 2. 

Ok...i believe those here were all one time big on rawls...and now we have divided into two groups:one who think rawls will still be viable and one who think he won't be fantasy relevant this year or with this team.

All arguments aside, my question to believers (still) is do you guys think rawls is going to get 15+  touches this season? , if yes i end my discussion here. But we know this is going to be a mess, this is Carson's job to lose- worst case this becomes committee with bad o line.I will rather stash someone like Jamaal Charles. I have said my goodbye- i will be here to talk to you believers at end of the season and will see who was right.

17 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Complete garbage?  Rawls went 27-161-1, in the playoffs, in THIS calendar year.  January 7, 2017.  Go take a look at the highlights...they are pretty impressive.  Lacy?  Well...

Yes, he was a stud in the last half of 2015 as well - league winning type of stuff.  Averaged 5.6 ypc, 200+ yard games...  

The problem with Rawls is simple - he will never hold up for even 10 straight games, let alone a full season.  He's a violent runner whose injuries are piling up.  But, I would not put it past him to show up later in the season after the other guys go down, he's refreshed and has a string of 4-5 games where he's very good.  

The guy runs physically and it won't change... That's what Pete wants, that's the image Seattle wants, physical running.  Now why they have not addressed that OL, I have no idea.  

Anyone still holding?  86% owned in Espn and under 30% owned in Yahoo! Probably going to drop for a defense. Sucks had high hopes.

2 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Anyone still holding?  86% owned in Espn and under 30% owned in Yahoo! Probably going to drop for a defense. Sucks had high hopes.

I'm holding through this waiver period and will evaluate after the games tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

Holding assuming you don't have Carson, right?  IMO Rawls is strictly a handcuff to Carson or a lotto ticket that you can drop if, as you mention, you need the bench slot.  Rawls looked terrible in the very small sample size he had this year so it's not even a given that he performs if Carson goes down.  He does have value because Lacy is garbage and Rawls would get volume.

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Oh baby, the only true threat to carsons workhorse role.

Feeling better about the murray for carson trade

Sincerest of RIPs, my friend. 

Rawls back on the radar.

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Oh baby, the only true threat to carsons workhorse role.

Feeling better about the murray for carson trade

Ouch

Now Rawls just needs 3 other Seattle RBs to get hurt and he will be golden.

The seahawks backfield is a complete and utter headache. Some of us who did our due diligence and stashed Carson and Rawls since the beginning of the season are about to eat crow when some amateur bum in our league scores Lacy on the waiver wire. 

1 minute ago, J Boogie said:

Some of us who did our due diligence and stashed Carson and Rawls since the beginning of the season are about to eat crow when some amateur bum in our league scores Lacy on the waiver wire. 

Sounds like fantasy football 

36 minutes ago, J Boogie said:

The seahawks backfield is a complete and utter headache. Some of us who did our due diligence and stashed Carson and Rawls since the beginning of the season are about to eat crow when some amateur bum in our league scores Lacy on the waiver wire. 

Yeah like a J.D. Mc"kissit suckas" waiver wire gem and big bertha lacy will probably mess up those of us who went with Rawls in drafts and also had Carson....

I've been one of the Rawls backers who hoped for his best, but settled on the fact that Carson was now a useable fantasy rb..

I hope Rawls gets a shot again, but if Seattle makes a move for someone like Jonathan Williams I'd be sure to get him too..  Knowing within a few weeks he could be center stage in the Seattle three ring circus backfield... 

Plus now keeper leagues got beat because we didn't get to see Carson do enough to say you'd keep him for next season, whereas someone like Dalvin Cook you more likely will keep...

As much as I think the pre ankle injury Rawls has slim chance of showing up, at least there is a chance and at this point it's all the way off the cliff with this guy, so here's to the first overwhelmingly glowing review from Pete Carroll this week about how Rawls looks healthy and ready to go!!

What a mess..

Edited by General Gannicus

7 minutes ago, USWAY said:

I'm pretty positive he's going to be the guy going forward

Lacy is not going away. And this McKissic kid proved he deserves a role. 

I'd avoid this backfield at all costs. Three potential backs, three potential goal line backs. This situation is worse than NE.