FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Can tell by just looking at him his IQ is about 25

Wrong. He's the smartest RB in the history of the position, according to the Wonderlic:

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2016/05/05/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-smartest-nfl-rb-ever-wonderlic-says-yes/amp/

Just further proof that intelligence is not the same as wisdom. 

Also proof that judging people by standardized testing is lazy and inaccurate. 

if they suspend him ok but what about guys like tyreek hill and joe mixon will they go after them too ?

1 hour ago, Flyers_28 said:

if they suspend him ok but what about guys like tyreek hill and joe mixon will they go after them too ?

No because they were in college when their incidents happened, and had been 'legally cleared' by the time they entered the league.

Zeke's incident happened before he was drafted, but the charges were filed after he was drafted.  At that point, you're in NFL's jurisdiction.

12 hours ago, lavaman said:

Probably even with the 2nd pick.

2 games is nothing.

you'd take 2 less games with Zeke over DJ or Bell (whichever is left)?

3 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

I was thinking that same thing.  I already had Zeke as the 3rd player overall but for anyone that may have considered him earlier this should easily move him behind DJ and Bell.

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Wrong. He's the smartest RB in the history of the position, according to the Wonderlic:

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2016/05/05/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-smartest-nfl-rb-ever-wonderlic-says-yes/amp/

Just further proof that intelligence is not the same as wisdom. 

Also proof that judging people by standardized testing is lazy and inaccurate. 

He is a middle class kid with 2 college educated parents who sent him to private school. Pretty safe to assume he has a solid education and is highly intelligent. His problems stem from poor judgement of assessing the risk  associated with his choice of actions within social environments and relationships with women. 

Edited by dashoe

On 7/21/2017 at 7:05 AM, vthokie3 said:

I think that Zeke should be the 2nd player off the board unless he's suspended more than 2 games. Just my opinion.

56 minutes ago, lavaman said:

I think that Zeke should be the 2nd player off the board unless he's suspended more than 2 games. Just my opinion.

over Bell I assume?

23 hours ago, lavaman said:

Playing .5 PPR for the first time ever this season, so please don't hold me to PPR, but if I'm being an unbiased non-Cowboys-homer, Zeke should be 3rd at best.  Give me DJ or Bell because of the longer track record.  Bell has a very good O-line himself (PFF rated the Steelers top 5 last year), and is every bit the focal point of the offense that Zeke is (even with Brown there).  DJ singlehandedly proved he can threaten 1000/1000 WITHOUT a competent offensive line around him.  The more the NFL "investigation" continues with Zeke, and the more he shows he has no interest in following Dak's off-field example, the more Zeke is also going to become the biggest suspension risk of the 3. 

Now, I'm a Cowboys homer and I like having one of the big Cowboys players on my team.  Going into the offseason, I took the position that Zeke was materially close enough to DJ/Bell that he was my personal #1.  But the off-field risk is increasingly changing that.  

1 hour ago, jbshaw said:

Playing .5 PPR for the first time ever this season, so please don't hold me to PPR, but if I'm being an unbiased non-Cowboys-homer, Zeke should be 3rd at best.  Give me DJ or Bell because of the longer track record.  Bell has a very good O-line himself (PFF rated the Steelers top 5 last year), and is every bit the focal point of the offense that Zeke is (even with Brown there).  DJ singlehandedly proved he can threaten 1000/1000 WITHOUT a competent offensive line around him.  The more the NFL "investigation" continues with Zeke, and the more he shows he has no interest in following Dak's off-field example, the more Zeke is also going to become the biggest suspension risk of the 3. 

Now, I'm a Cowboys homer and I like having one of the big Cowboys players on my team.  Going into the offseason, I took the position that Zeke was materially close enough to DJ/Bell that he was my personal #1.  But the off-field risk is increasingly changing that.  

If you're comparing Zeke and DJ by track record it's really not a huge difference maker. DJ only has about a half a season more experience than Zeke.  That's not that much. 

2 hours ago, jbshaw said:

The more the NFL "investigation" continues with Zeke, and the more he shows he has no interest in following Dak's off-field example, the more Zeke is also going to become the biggest suspension risk of the 3. 

Business team saw both of them in a strip club in Los Angeles off season.  So obviously Dak has similar fun too but he doesnt make poor decisions that get the negative press the way Zeke does.

2 hours ago, jbshaw said:

Was Zeke arrested for DWI like Dak was last year? Let's not pretend Dak is a role model for off-field decision-making.

Edited by joshua18

22 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Was Zeke arrested for DWI like Dak was last year? Let's not pretend Dak is a role model for off-field decision-making.

Going to challenge you on this statement.

1. DUI charge was in college

2. DUI charge was dismissed by court because  radar and breathalyzer tests were shown to be invalid

3. Dak  showed character and good judgement by apologizing publicly for having a beer before driving before the case went to court so he didnt wait until he was validated by a court decision

4. Unlike Zeke, Daks one issue didn't stem with bad decisions made within the context of relationships with women and socializing in public.

5. Dak has stayed off the radar of poor behavior since his dui incident in college so demonstrating he learned his lesson and understands the responsibility of his position as the signal caller for the organization

Edited by dashoe

26 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Dak was acquitted.  He was speeding (by about 10 mph, I think it was 40 in a 30) rather than driving erratically. Although it's apparently common in Mississippi, he wasn't given any sort of test to determine his BAC. The rest of his actions since then also help with believing it wasn't just cops blowing things over, as opposed to the other maroon and white SEC mobile QB of the last few years who shall not be named for the shame he has brought on my alma mater. 

28 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Business team saw both of them in a strip club in Los Angeles off season.  So obviously Dak has similar fun too but he doesnt make poor decisions that get the negative press the way Zeke does.

That's kind of my point.  I don't mind Gronk Gronking (which is much wilder than I would live my life, but whatever) because he does it responsibly. That's all I ask. I don't expect Peyton Manning or Tom Brady crazy levels of devotion even off field (although I'm a big fan of anyone who does).

Sometimes life happens and some guy tries to pick a fight with you. Despite being a quiet non-partier, it's happened to me (at a wedding oddly enough).  I imagine it's much more likely for someone famous in a divisive field like sports.

But in one offseason, Zeke is wracking up off-field incidents unlike some of the other bigger partiers in the NFL.  Umenyiora, Kaepernick (in relation to partying), Stafford, and Gronk haven't gotten into any issues like this in their entire careers, at least that I'm aware of or can find fairly quickly. But I'm becoming increasingly convinced Zeke is working his way closer towards the Manziels, Aldon Smiths, and Pacman Joneses of the world.  

On 7/22/2017 at 9:42 AM, Ravensdan said:

over Bell I assume?

Si.

Reason being, I think Bell has hit his ceiling (which is very good btw).

Zeke has yet to his his, and we all saw what he did last season.

52 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Si.

Possibly. But, I see a Bell who averaged almost 27 PPG in PPR and finished with 10 points less than Zeke overall while he (Bell) played 3 less games - one of which was CLE. 

I think Zeke is a fantastic player, but I don't see him in David Johnson or LeVeon Bell territory as of yet. A possible suspension coupled with Free retiring and Leary moving on has Zeke a distant third in PPR Redraft for me. 

Obviously to each their own, though! 

1 hour ago, coper3000 said:

Possibly. But, I see a Bell who averaged almost 27 PPG in PPR and finished with 10 points less than Zeke overall while he (Bell) played 3 less games - one of which was CLE. 

I think Zeke is a fantastic player, but I don't see him in David Johnson or LeVeon Bell territory as of yet. A possible suspension coupled with Free retiring and Leary moving on has Zeke a distant third in PPR Redraft for me. 

Obviously to each their own, though! 

Yeah if Zeke gets more than a 2 game suspension, I'm moving him down as well.

Free and Leary? Not the strong point of that O-Line....not worried there.

1 minute ago, lavaman said:

Yeah if Zeke gets more than a 2 game suspension, I'm moving him down as well.

Free and Leary? Not the strong point of that O-Line....not worried there.

Leary was a good guard.  Collins is elite talent but very inexperienced and doesn't play with great technique.  I think at best it's a wash (at least first half of season), but I'm willing to write that one off as a net lateral move.  But Free was competent (if not great). The best way I've ever seen to describe him was "if he's your best lineman, you have a problem.  If he's your worst lineman, you are set."  They didn't have anyone else on the roster who could beat Free though.  So I am questioning losing a competent piece without an apparent backup plan. 

I think we'll hear tomorrow. These things often get announced on Fridays. I'll guess 4 games initially, but it may come down. 

56 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I think we'll hear tomorrow. These things often get announced on Fridays. I'll guess 4 games initially, but it may come down. 

If they suspend him I'm quitting the NFL. What a farce

14 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Whelp... See ya later.

16 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Dude, they're suspending him. The question isn't will they, it's how long. 

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:28 PM, lavaman said:

Si.

Why can't last year have been Zeke's ceiling?  It was absolutely the perfect storm.  He had a far better year than he would have had with Romo at QB.  Putting Dak in there as a rookie really turned the playbook into something different.  They had one of the best O lines assembled that Ive ever seen, and a scheme built upon not getting their rookie QB exposed.  The volume was the range of the max on any given year.  Don't see a ton of RBs get 320+ carries anymore.  He's already getting 5.0+ YPC, so where is this next leap going to take place?

Is his ceiling when he gets 375 carries?  Is it when he increases his YPC to something gross like 5.8?  Is he going to have 18 TDs instead of 15? 

Frankly, the only real room for growth here is usage in the passing game.  If he could become a more dynamic receiver and see his receptions go from the 30s to the 50s+ you'd see him hitting his ceiling.  That's the only way I see him improving upon his rookie numbers.  As that O line gets older and contracts come up for renewal, that O line will get chunks taken out of it.  As Dak develops as a QB, the training wheels will get thrown away and they would need to hammer the run quite as much.  They have the chance to be a more balanced offense.  Zeke needs to find his way into that expanded passing game and become more like Leveon to realize his ceiling.