FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, PBC22 said:

My girlfriend did a draft last night and got Zeke at 3.02, so there still seems to be people sleeping on the possibility that this suspension gets reduced.

Obviously amateurs and people certainly not those reading these boards!  Seriously, I don't see how he falls to third round at this point.  Even if you're one of the people who believe 6 games will be upheld, certainly somebody in the rest of the league should speculate?

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

Obviously amateurs and people certainly not those reading these boards!  Seriously, I don't see how he falls to third round at this point.  Even if you're one of the people who believe 6 games will be upheld, certainly somebody in the rest of the league should speculate?

I do think Zeke is falling too far even if the full suspension is upheld.  You reach two rounds for McFadden and between them you have a top-5 RB for the full season.  I'm not completely sold on Ajayi and Howard, so if I'm drafting toward the end of the first round I'm grabbing an elite WR and Zeke at the turn.

I haven't seen him fall to the third in any mocks though, that just seems like a ridiculous league-winning value.

Edited by eg4190

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

Trust me, I was very surprised when she told me.  I know most of the people in the league and they seem to take it seriously, from what I could tell, there were several questionable picks.

9 hours ago, Excellent117 said:

I don't know why people are so convinced Zeke will be able to show either the irreparable harm or the likelihood of success on the merits required for the court to issue the TRO. 

In my opinion the irreparable harm ( and lack of an adequate remedy at law) is a slam dunk, both for the player and for the team. But the likelihood of success on the merits is a big hurdle. That's the tough one for them to clear.

I'm not going to comment or speculate on anything regarding Elliot but it is absolutely confounding that a billion dollar company like the NFL can repeatedly mishandle situations.  They can't do anything right.

7 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

I'm not going to comment or speculate on anything regarding Elliot but it is absolutely confounding that a billion dollar company like the NFL can repeatedly mishandle situations.  They can't do anything right.

It is what it is.  I personally don't care that much ultimately because it's out of my hands.  I just enjoy my football when it kicks off  as everything else is just noise. 

32 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Except make BILLIONS (cue dr.evil.gif) of dollars and be more popular than ever before.    Goodell isn't going anywhere so until the CBA gets renegotiated- this is how it will go. 

37 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

They're handling this very well. Establishing that the commissioner can destroy player's careers with little cause puts two things on the table for players to bargain for: Reduction of the commissioner's power and removal of marijuana from the banned substances list.

In order to get those things, the players will have to concede a portion of revenues, the definition of included revenues from that portion, continuing to allow the franchise tag (which affects far more negotiations than just the few players who are ever tagged), not getting larger guarantees, playing more regular season games, or not having better retirement benefits.

Suspending Brady and Zeke and outraging the players is printing money for the owners post 2021. In what universe is that bad business?

I'll be taking him at 4. There's no way he's not suiting up next Sunday. NFL needs to get their shizz together because this is awful.

I don't see how the NFL could suspend him for even one game. Did they not read the report written by Kia Roberts, I believe her name is? 

If Henderson reduced Hardy's suspension from 10 to 4, i don't see how he doesn't reduce Zeke's to 2 (worst case 4) and possibly to zero. Either way, Zeke will fight this in court and have a decent chance of pulling a Brady and having the punishment put off until next year. 

Julio Jones is going top 4 in just about every league and he is bound to miss a game/be a decoy for a game or two battling injuries. Zeke is healthy and could possibly play all 16. The man carried me to two ships last year, I owe him the loyalty. F-Goodell!

6 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

If Henderson reduced Hardy's suspension from 10 to 4, i don't see how he doesn't reduce Zeke's to 2 (worst case 4) and possibly to zero. Either way, Zeke will fight this in court and have a decent chance of pulling a Brady and having the punishment put off until next year. 

Julio Jones is going top 4 in just about every league and he is bound to miss a game/be a decoy for a game or two battling injuries. Zeke is healthy and could possibly play all 16. The man carried me to two ships last year, I owe him the loyalty. F-Goodell!

Hardy's situation is incomparable.  Hardy's appeal was about retroactive application of a new rule.  That has nothing to do with Zeke's case.  The best analogue is Brady.  Procedural flaws and questionable conclusions based on the evidence at hand.  Except unlike Brady, the rule he allegedly broke doesn't have a stated penalty of a couple grand fine.  

I completely disagree with the NFL issuing a suspension in this case, just like I did with Brady, because I don't think the evidence is particularly convincing.  I don't have a hard time believing he did it (even if not the source of the bruising), but more for the precedent it sets for other players than for any love for Zeke (and I'm a Cowboys fan).  Brady had a law of physics on his side and still didn't get an overturn.  I think the correct approach is to temper any optimism on Zeke. 

10 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

Hardy's situation is incomparable.  Hardy's appeal was about retroactive application of a new rule.  That has nothing to do with Zeke's case.  The best analogue is Brady.  Procedural flaws and questionable conclusions based on the evidence at hand.  Except unlike Brady, the rule he allegedly broke doesn't have a stated penalty of a couple grand fine.  

I completely disagree with the NFL issuing a suspension in this case, just like I did with Brady, because I don't think the evidence is particularly convincing.  I don't have a hard time believing he did it (even if not the source of the bruising), but more for the precedent it sets for other players than for any love for Zeke (and I'm a Cowboys fan).  Brady had a law of physics on his side and still didn't get an overturn.  I think the correct approach is to temper any optimism on Zeke. 

Valid points but there is precedent for suspensions being reduced outside of Hardy. Bell's was reduced a game for substance abuse. Burficts suspension was reduced for a hit. 

This isn't a ray rice case, this is a case that prosecutors wanted no part of and the NFL investigator recommended no punishment. It's getting reduced.

I understand that there is a lot of optimism, but I would assume the worst until there is something more definitive.

I wouldn't touch him before the second round with the current information available. With the other safe options available at that point, there is no point in needlessly lowering the floor.

Edited by warningtrackpower
Autocorrect issues

43 minutes ago, warningtrackpower said:

I understand that there is a lot of optimism, but I would assume the worst until there is something more definitive.

I wouldn't touch him before the second round with the current information available. With the other safe options available at that point, there is no point in needlessly lowering the floor.

Meh, gotta take chances to win in fantasy sometimes. Have faith in your waiver Game and other drafted players, having that type of advantage could be the key to almost any championship 

6 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Meh, gotta take chances to win in fantasy sometimes. Have faith in your waiver Game and other drafted players, having that type of advantage could be the key to almost any championship 

I agree with you. Last year I drafted Bell early even though suspended for 3.  I'm glad I did. I won my league with a lot of thanks to him. 

2 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

I agree with you. Last year I drafted Bell early even though suspended for 3.  I'm glad I did. I won my league with a lot of thanks to him. 

There is a big difference between 3 weeks and seven weeks (suspension plus a bye week). Having him is a great boost for the playoffs, but you need to have a plan to manage through the weeks where he gives you nothing.

That, of course, may be a moot point if the suspension is reduced, eliminated, or postponed.

1 minute ago, warningtrackpower said:

There is a big difference between 3 weeks and seven weeks (suspension plus a bye week). 

Not sure I understand this math. Are you saying that if Zeke's suspension is reduced to 3 games, the Dallas Cowboys will no longer have a bye week? 

So what if i got freeman and then Zeke in the second round???

you think hes a sure pickup in ppr if you go rb heavy??

Edited by CABLE87

7 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Not sure I understand this math. Are you saying that if Zeke's suspension is reduced to 3 games, the Dallas Cowboys will no longer have a bye week? 

I was comparing Bell's and Zeke's suspensions.

On 9/2/2017 at 10:32 AM, eg4190 said:

I do think Zeke is falling too far even if the full suspension is upheld.  You reach two rounds for McFadden and between them you have a top-5 RB for the full season.  I'm not completely sold on Ajayi and Howard, so if I'm drafting toward the end of the first round I'm grabbing an elite WR and Zeke at the turn.

I haven't seen him fall to the third in any mocks though, that just seems like a ridiculous league-winning value.

I'm a Zeke/McFadden owner, so I hope you're right, but I'm not quite sure DMC is gonna return RB2 value if/when Zeke is out.  He's old, fragile, and I think it's going to be more of a timeshare with Alf than people think.

If Zeke had more of a slam dunk handcuff I think it would be a no brainer to take him at he 1/2 turn and use a 8-9th round pick on his backup.