FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

22 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

The INT sums up what you are saying quite well. Zeke just couldn't give a f--- yesterday. 

rvP35ex.gif

Wow.

Guy is the definition of a selfish player.  Dances around, does his silly eating gesture when he's getting the ball and the accolades.  Otherwise, not interested.

Edited by Bastardo!

Selfish? Or under the weight of this ongoing never-ending investigation? I'm not siding with Elliot by any means, but the guy has the weight of the world on him this season. Might have a little something to do with it.

2 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Great gif, clearly supports my hunch. But I hope it changes or else this will suck. 

Somebody hinted at it earlier but this was probably the most adversity Elliott has literally ever faced on a football field, including HS and college. He clearly was frustrated and didn't handle it well at all. But it doesn't have me worried about his fantasy success going forward.

Young player. All the talent in the world. Great o-line. He acted like a diva, and was faced with a tough opponent @DEN. He didn't respond maturely-- but I don't think anyone expects that. 

He's going to be just fine from a production standpoint, and should take a lesson from the spanking they received.

4 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

Somebody hinted at it earlier but this was probably the most adversity Elliott has literally ever faced on a football field, including HS and college. He clearly was frustrated and didn't handle it well at all. But it doesn't have me worried about his fantasy success going forward.

I hear ya but if he continues to do that sort of stuff on field then it's going to be a long year. It's great to be optimistic but that attitude he has needs to go 

Honestly, I feel like Dallas is trying way too hard to make Dak this great QB.  Every opportunity in the red zone, they are giving Dak the first chance to score, rather than just smash it with Zeke.  Half the time they screw it up.  It's probably why he's getting pissed off.

2 hours ago, dakimbell said:

i think the boys just got run out of the building in the toughest place to play in the NFL early in the season. they said on the broadcast that the Broncos are 19-1 in weeks 1 and 2 at home in the last 15 years. Just a tough, tough place to play, especially early in the season. IF he doesn't beast against the Cardinals than a little worrying will be justified.

Thank you!

Newsflash people:  DENVER DEF IS THAT FRIGGIN GOOD!!!!!  :mellow:

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Thank you!

Newsflash people:  DENVER DEF IS THAT FRIGGIN GOOD!!!!!  :mellow:

Agreed. Denver may have the best Defense in the NFL...they're that good.

20 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Selfish? Or under the weight of this ongoing never-ending investigation? I'm not siding with Elliot by any means, but the guy has the weight of the world on him this season. Might have a little something to do with it.

So the weight of the investigation keeps him from trying to tackle a defender who just intercepted his QB, but it doesn't keep him from doing this:  

source.gif

Edited by Bastardo!

Was he turned around by the time the defender was 10 yards down the field with the interception? Also what does it matter?  The over reaction on this board is insane....speaks to the volume of newbies/instant gratification on here.   Zeke 1st game with less than 10 points ever....and you guys are complaining he's not playing hard?   Gtfo.  Zeke AND the whole offense was stagnant and got punched in the mouth.  Let's not worry too much.  Denvers D is legit.  Best in nfl

Edited by Chase4181

Basically this guy seems to be a complete douche / crybaby. He acts like someone who grew up being told every day how great he was. My impression of him is that he's very immature and entitled. 

That being said I don't really care for fantasy purposes. I think it's pretty irrelevant whether he is the NFL's greatest ambassador / humanitarian. As long as he stays out of trouble enough to stay on the field. 

Easy to criticize these guys.. most of them are mid-20s..making lots of $$$.. tempted daily.. only "older" people are coaches and perhaps family.

I didn't get a F in my mid-20s on a lot of things.. this is where coaches and mentors need to step up and guide these players.

Remember.. players != your life!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20748013/ezekiel-elliott-jason-garrett-dallas-cowboys-discuss-effort-sunday-game

"One of the things we preach to our team on both sides of the all when there is a turnover is everybody's involved," Garrett said. "If you're an offensive player, you become a defensive player on a fumble or an interception. Zeke is one of the most natural competitors that I've ever been around. He loves to play. He loves to practice. I think we've seen that through his first year playing and those two plays are not indicative of the kind of competitor that he is and we have to get addressed."

3 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20748013/ezekiel-elliott-jason-garrett-dallas-cowboys-discuss-effort-sunday-game

"One of the things we preach to our team on both sides of the all when there is a turnover is everybody's involved," Garrett said. "If you're an offensive player, you become a defensive player on a fumble or an interception. Zeke is one of the most natural competitors that I've ever been around. He loves to play. He loves to practice. I think we've seen that through his first year playing and those two plays are not indicative of the kind of competitor that he is and we have to get addressed."

The Tomlinson comments are interesting too.

Elliott's actions yesterday reminded me of when he blasted Urban Meyer about play calling after a loss to Michigan.  He has some growing up to do.  

By the way, with Zeke, Dez, a 2nd year QB, Romo retiring, and the circus atmosphere that Jerry Jones fosters in Dallas, the soap opera could get more crazy than ever if this season goes sour.

9 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Elliott's actions yesterday reminded me of when he blasted Urban Meyer about play calling after a loss to Michigan.  He has some growing up to do.  

By the way, with Zeke, Dez, a 2nd year QB, Romo retiring, and the circus atmosphere that Jerry Jones fosters in Dallas, the soap opera could get more crazy than ever if this season goes sour.

LT sat on the bench with his helmet on and tinted visor for a whole game when he was being a cry baby too so he shouldnt really talk 

but ya zeke could use an attitude adjustment 

Everyone in here acting like they would handle every situation perfectly whenever they're frustrated. Being physically and mentally drained, I'm pretty sure the majority here, including myself, would have acted the same. Is what he did right? Of course not, but he is human and let his emotions take over. 

I played RB and I can guaramtee no I wouldn't have acted the same and neuther would any of my friends. None of us would have ever touched the NFL. But I can run down a LONG list of NFL RBs who would never be caught dead doing that on a football field while the play was still live. 

2 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I played RB and I can guaramtee no I wouldn't have acted the same and neuther would any of my friends. None of us would have ever touched the NFL. But I can run down a LONG list of NFL RBs who would never be caught dead doing that on a football field while the play was still live. 

Word.

Perfect time to unleash a wicked hit on the guy trying to return the INT (talk about taking out your emotions/anger).

Watch at 2:00 in...

3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

That was against Michigan state, and he went for 360 yards and 6TD the next two games so let's hope this is a very similar situation. 

8 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

Wow.

Guy is the definition of a selfish player.  Dances around, does his silly eating gesture when he's getting the ball and the accolades.  Otherwise, not interested.

8 hours ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

Young player. All the talent in the world. Great o-line. He acted like a diva, and was faced with a tough opponent @DEN. He didn't respond maturely-- but I don't think anyone expects that. 

He's going to be just fine from a production standpoint, and should take a lesson from the spanking they received.

Gotta say I agree, and I own this guy like a lot of other posters in this thread do.  This is a case where I don't like the guy, but I like the football player.  One of those cases where you put personal beliefs aside for the sake of fantasy football.  I think this guy is a selfish entitled douchebag.  Never would invite him into my home.  But I'll take those points all day.  Let's just hope this was a one-off.

3 hours ago, killer carlson said:

They got smacked around.  Wouldn't overthink it.  Now's a good time to buy low.

Sure if you're in a league with stupid owners.

In a statistic I read somewhere it stated that in 2 games this season DAL have gone 93% pass, 7% run inside opponent's 15 yard line VS. in 2016 they ran 52% of the time. As you can see the upstick in Bryant's RZ targets. Any worries for Zeke?

9 minutes ago, FuzyLucker said:

In a statistic I read somewhere it stated that in 2 games this season DAL have gone 93% pass, 7% run inside opponent's 15 yard line VS. in 2016 they ran 52% of the time. As you can see the upstick in Bryant's RZ targets. Any worries for Zeke?

no...sample size

as for the zeke not trying to chase him down.. zeke was at a stand still/moving in the wrong direction and the db/talib? was 7 yards behind him running full sprint the other way and zeke has little chance to catch him... still selfish but not that bad imo

edit - sorry closer to 5 yds

Edited by colepenhagen

19 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Elliott's actions yesterday reminded me of when he blasted Urban Meyer about play calling after a loss to Michigan.

He didn't blast Urban and it was a loss to Michigan State.

He simply said "I don't feel our playcallers put us in the best position to win the game."  Considering he only got 11 carries and this was right immediately after the game (I listened to it live on the radio driving home from that game), it was a pretty level headed statement of facts.

I'm not excusing him from the lack of effort on the interception, and I agree he has some growing up to do.  Just wanted to set the facts straight on the incident you're referring to.