Lord_Varys

Sammy Watkins 2017 Outlook

Crazy how this guy won't be 25 until June.  He feels way older.

7 hours ago, lolcopter said:

guy is trash. if you're gonna white knight a player, may as well pick one who's good at football

Overraction theater at its finest. 

Posted (edited)

Dumped him in a Dynasty. I want to see what the market says he's worth. I would be pretty shocked if he returns to the Rams. Their usage of him speaks volumes and this includes when Woods went down. Dude was a rental to them.

He always has that next foot injury looming over him and it almost seems like teams are scared to be left holding the bag when it finally splits into two.

Edited by SuperJoint

Idk maybe he is a total diva, or maybe he got humbled this season. But if he'd be willing to sign with a team that has an established WR1 and experienced QB, like Atlanta, Cincy, GB or NE, he could finally put up low WR1 / high WR2 numbers for fantasy purposes.

23 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Idk maybe he is a total diva, or maybe he got humbled this season. But if he'd be willing to sign with a team that has an established WR1 and experienced QB, like Atlanta, Cincy, GB or NE, he could finally put up low WR1 / high WR2 numbers for fantasy purposes.

I think the Rams are more of a spread it around pass offense, Goff doesnt  seem to be the type of QB who will target 1 guy and seems pretty disciplined about going through his progressions so you can expect Watkins to have boom or bust numbers next season. 

On 1/8/2018 at 7:34 AM, frog34 said:

He'll have to take a pay cut to sign with those teams.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, SuperJoint said:

Dumped him in a Dynasty. I want to see what the market says he's worth. I would be pretty shocked if he returns to the Rams. Their usage of him speaks volumes and this includes when Woods went down. Dude was a rental to them.

He always has that next foot injury looming over him and it almost seems like teams are scared to be left holding the bag when it finally splits into two.

You...dropped him?  In a dynasty league?  Color me perplexed.  

• Like 1

he is definitely worth a late pick next season, u have to figure kupp-woods trade ahead of him but he could be a steal and has the potential to be a stud if he anf goof develop a rapport offseason

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

You...dropped him?  In a dynasty league?  Color me perplexed.  

I'd have to keep him as a 7th round pick next year with it elevating a round higher each year past that. I have to decide between Goff or Kenyan Drake at that spot - Watkins doesn't have a chance there.

And the broader (obviously) issue is he has a chronic foot injury that will never truly heal. This is aside now from the fact it appears he's staying on a team that throws it to him twice a game.

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

I'd have to keep him as a 7th round pick next year with it elevating a round higher each year past that. I have to decide between Goff or Kenyan Drake at that spot - Watkins doesn't have a chance there.

And the broader (obviously) issue is he has a chronic foot injury that will never truly heal. This is aside now from the fact it appears he's staying on a team that throws it to him twice a game.

No evidence to support this. At all. 

His biggest issue is if the Rams franchise him. 

• Like 1

Ah, so it's a keeper league, not dynasty.  That makes a little more sense.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeJoe88 said:

Ah, so it's a keeper league, not dynasty.  That makes a little more sense.

?

I realize this is off-topic but Dynasty per my understanding has more permanence than Keeper. We can keep players forever in this league - no limits other than steadily increasing cost to do so. Most Keepers I'm aware of have a fixed limit on # of years keep-able.

Its a Jones fracture. Just some of the athletes who have had the exact injury as Watkins who are currently doing "ok" after surgery: 

Julio Jones

Michael Crabtree

Allen Robinson

Kevin Durant

NONE of these players have a "chronic foot injury that won't heal".  Please take time to learn about what a Jones fracture is, how it is treated, and the return to play track record before making misguided statements about it. 

Thank you.