Lord_Varys

Sammy Watkins 2017 Outlook

2 hours ago, smeeze said:

The hit wasn’t particularly violent, he seemed fine after the fact and walked down the tunnel under his own power.  I don’t think he has any history with concussions. He has 10 days until his next game.  I bet he plays next week.

I don't know. I thought it looked pretty bad. Helmet-to-helmet. But at least its not his foot that's injured.

He got hit twice and the 2nd hit was to the head then he still had the consciousness to reach for the endzone. I think he definitely got rattled and he did seem fine after but we won't know a thing until we hear from the docs.

So is this the start of the Sammy Watkins we were expecting when he was drafted out of Clemson? Time to buy? Dude is a straight beast if you can get him the rock

Schedule is horrid. Next week may be the last time you can start him with confidence until they play NO in week 12.

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

Schedule is horrid. Next week may be the last time you can start him with confidence until they play NO in week 12.

It def isn't great but i feel like he is so talent that it might just be that time. Goff can throw those 50/50 balls and he's good enough to come down with them

2 minutes ago, Jack Valentine said:

Bold prediction : 6 Rec for 106 yards and 2 TDs! 

0/0/0 on 0 targets tomorrow. You heard it here first.

1 minute ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

man you guys had me confused for a second, but I too will be starting him tomorrow.

Tomorrow? He's already played 

Anyone here any update on Sammy?  I haven't heard anything.  

For what it's worth(not much) but I've seen him posting the last few days on Twitter.  That doesn't impact his football obviously but at least he isn't laid up in bed unable to do anything due to unrelenting headaches. 

I haven't heard anything yet I think we'll know by the end of today.. Thankfully he does have a long week, I think if he's good you have to at least flex him.

Just amazes me how some players can't go hardly a game or two without getting injured again. I don't know how some guys in the past did it, hines ward, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, randy moss... I mean not that they never had moments but typically week in and week out on that field. 

1 hour ago, WaiverHero said:

I haven't heard anything yet I think we'll know by the end of today.. Thankfully he does have a long week, I think if he's good you have to at least flex him.

Flex at minimum. Being a cowboys fan its hard to say but that D has been bad in passing. I think he will get 8 targets minimum this week. Mcvay is loving him some watkins after last weeks catches. Just hope he clears the Concussion protocol.

4 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Flex at minimum. Being a cowboys fan its hard to say but that D has been bad in passing. I think he will get 8 targets minimum this week. Mcvay is loving him some watkins after last weeks catches. Just hope he clears the Concussion protocol.

True! The beginning of last nights game the Cowboys were getting killed by the pass, but the Cardinals O-line/running game is so bad they got rushed by 3 and stacked the secondary instead... Rams O-line and running game is 10x better than the Cards so they have to respect it which opens up the pass!

Wide receivers have been feasting and beasting against the Allas "secondary."  Let's look at it:

Week 1 - The Giants looked terrible w/o Beckham and couldn't pass protect.  Hard to draw any conclusions here.

Week 2 - Thomas 6/71, Sanders 6/62 and 2 TDs.  Dallas made Siemian look like Elway.

Week 3 - Fitzgerald 13/149/1, Jaron Brown caught a long TD pass.  Keep in mind that Arizona was missing its WR2 and it's WR3 was hobbling around and doing nothing.  Also, Arizona has a 47 year-old tailback who was sacking groceries two weeks ago so nobody needed to be committed to stopping the run.

If Watkins is healthy, I'd fire him up as a solid WR3/flex for sure.  This guy's ceiling is just so high that every week you bench him you risk missing a league-winning performance.

36 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Sell high candidate? I don't want to go back to the 2/30 weeks again

Honestly it's going to be a hard sell, in most leagues he fell pretty far (I actually picked him and Diggs in the 5/6th round) people believe he's talented they just don't trust Goff. You can show them this performance and many people would say "I know he's a good player, but how many times is Goff going to do that?"

If he kills it this game this upcoming game definitely try to sell high (which matchup indicates he should).

People keep talking about his tough schedule the next few weeks, and while it is intimidating, look at his matchups over the crucial last 6 weeks of the season:

MIN
vs. 
NO
at 
ARI
vs. 
PHI
at 
SEA
at 
TEN
vs. 
SF

That's 4 Top 10 easiest matchups for a WR, with one of them (TEN) coming in SuperBowl week, and with # 2, 7, and 3 easiest coming in weeks 11, 12 and 13.

The only tough matchup in that stretch is week 15 against Seattle, which admittedly might dim your chances of making your League Final.

If you're a Watkins owner you have to like it.