Lord_Varys

Sammy Watkins 2017 Outlook

Rams coach Sean McVay said Sammy Watkins (concussion) is good to go for Week 4 against the Cowboys.

Lets gooooo! Need a good game against that bad D. As a cowboys fan, I would like nothing more than a 31-30 game and Sammy w 7/110/2. Its possible with that secondary.

EDIT:

The same goes for Tavon Austin, who also suffered a concussion last week against the 49ers. Both were full participants at Thursday's practice and should officially clear the concussion protocol on Friday. Coming off a monster game in Week 3, Watkins is RotoPat's No. 23 wideout for Week 4

Edited by Zekepeak86

I'm playing him wherever I have him. 

Matchup is too good. Rams too confident they're gonna "Whoop on those boys". Expecting a shootout.

3 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

Ready for 30 handoffs to Gurley and 12 targets for Kupp and 2 for Sammy

2 Targets - 214 yards, 3 TD's

Orlando Scandrick, Cowboys best CB, plays the Nickle and he’s a pretty good one. 

This is not going to be Kupp kinda day as long as Scandrick is in the field. 

Cowboys have young CBs outside and Sammy should see 10 targets or more. 

2 minutes ago, LenZefflin said:

Is Sammy on his bye week this week?

I just read a tweet he got left at the airport 

Good to see Sammy back in mideason form with 1 catch and two targets.  I was getting concerned after that 106 yards and 2 TD game that goff may actually be utalizing him.  Thankfully all balance is restored in the world and Sammy can go back to being worthless in my starting lineup. 

ooof - this one hurt after the break out....high scoring game and he does zilch.....hopeful it was decoy due to concussion but huge step back in my book....

1 hour ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Good to see Sammy back in mideason form with 1 catch and two targets.  I was getting concerned after that 106 yards and 2 TD game that goff may actually be utalizing him.  Thankfully all balance is restored in the world and Sammy can go back to being worthless in my starting lineup. 

Love your quote

Whats the verdict on Sammy,,,  drop or not ???

This guy is the death of me.  The worst part is, the offense was churning & looked good without even throwing to Sammy.  The targets frustrate me the most, but I guess he's just boom or bust.

3 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Love your quote

What kind of league do you play in where he's a drop after a performance like last week? Obviously a wait and hold, and you hope the chemistry between him and Goff shakes out

People want to perceive Sammy Watkins as a  WR1, or as he was drafted as a consistent WR2 (Going anywhere from the 4th to 6th round in a 10-12team league). But in reality he's a Boom/Bust WR1. Meaning he's one of those receivers like Brandin Cooks and Amari Cooper who are perennial 1000+ yards receivers(if healthy), but are extremely volatile on a week to week basis.

Pretty much we are stuck in a dilemma because regardless if it's a plus matchup like Sammy vs Cowboys today they can lay a goose egg, but since we invest so much in these wr in the draft, we dont have the balls to bench these WRs. 

Season is still young, but the signs are showing that this Rams O is going to spread the ball around while maintains a solid rushing attack, similar to how McVay played during his Washington tenure. Sammy is unlikely to get peppered with targets or be that chain moving receiver.

Moral of story, a guy like Sammy has been boom/bust WR1 his entire career. If you don't like his volatility trade him or else he's gonna be frustrating all year

1 minute ago, atrium said:

What kind of league do you play in where he's a drop after a performance like last week? Obviously a wait and hold, and you hope the chemistry between him and Goff shakes out

I couldnt trade this guy for a bag of peanuts in my league. His upcoming WR/ CB matchup is brutal. Dont know what to do with him honestly 

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:32 PM, Woonga24 said:

Ready for 30 handoffs to Gurley and 12 targets for Kupp and 2 for Sammy

Welp.....my prediction happened alright :(

Edited by Woonga24

2 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Love your quote

Yes. Cooper, Ajayi and Watkins are all droppable. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, montgrove said:

That's it he's entering the dark part of the Rams schedule. If you couldn't use him against Dallas he's done.

:( 

The Rams play their next game against Seattle's Richard Sherman, and their Week 6 game against the Jags' shutdown CB duo.  Followed by shutdown corners  Patrick Peterson in week 7, Janoris Jenkins in Week 8, and Xavier Rhodes in Week 10, and then facing Sherman and Patrick Peterson again for fantasy playoffs

Would the strategy here is to drop him and let someone pick him up and start him only to get them 2pts? lol

Edited by Woonga24