Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pierrot351

(2) Spots open / 75$ Buy In / 14-Team / H2H Points / Redraft ESPN / 4 playoff teams in the money / Leaguesafe Majority Approval

4 new owners joined today so I am hopeful we can fill this league shortly.

http://games.espn.com/flb/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=601

The draft (snake format) will be held on Saturday April 1 at 20:00 EST.

Draft date and time are already set in stone.

Lineup will be as follows, and they will be set daily:

C-1B-2B-3B-SS-IF-OF-OF-OF-OF-Utility-SP1-SP2-SP3-SP4-SP5-SP6-RP1-P1-B1-B2-B3-B4-DL-DL

Scoring will be standard for batters except for an extra point for a HR.

Pitchers get points for wins, quality starts, complete games, shutouts, saves & innings pitched.

They lose points for earned runs, losses and blown saves:

IP 3pts (1 out = 1pts)

Win 3pts

QS 3pts

CG 3pts

SO 3pts

Save 5pts

ER -2pts

Loss -6pts

BS -3pts

10 starts for pitchers in the weekly matchup.

For those wondering why not standard scoring for pitching I am old school where you want to get batters out using a minimum of pitches.

The model of efficiency for a starter is inning pitched vs ERA as far as I am concerned, and the number of strikeouts should not double the value of an out.

By the same token a high WHIP should not cost points either provided it does not result in earned runs.

I balanced wins and loses for pitchers by adding 3 pts for a quality start while giving 3 pts for a win. I believe the scoring system reflects quite nicely a starter's efficiency.

Waiver system will be ''move to last after claim''.

As in all my 14-team fantasy leagues (hockey, football, baseball) it takes only 4 votes to veto a trade.

It is a way to insure that there are no shenanigans, or any moves for that matter, endangering the competitive balance of the league.

The top 4 teams will be in the playoffs and the money:

1st 475$

2nd 300$

3rd 175$

4th 100$

Email me at pgingras2016@gmail.com if interested, and specify which baseball fantasy league you'd like to join as I am currently managing 4 of them.

Thanks!

Pierre