summersoff7

Adam Jones 2017 Outlook

3-25 over the last six games.  He's been awfully underwhelming for an OF2/3, playing for an offense that scores a lot.  I'd rather have a part-timer like Aaron Hicks.

12 minutes ago, borindia said:

3-25 over the last six games.  He's been awfully underwhelming for an OF2/3, playing for an offense that scores a lot.  I'd rather have a part-timer like Aaron Hicks.

Then drop Jones and pick up Hicks. It is your team after all.

Consistency certainly has its place in fantasy but man is this guy ever boring at this stage of his career.

Welcome back!  Nice 3 run shot.  #9 on the year.

PS: CSB: only thing that makes it even sweeter is that my H2H opponent is running Tanaka tonight. :)

5 minutes ago, Heisenberg90 said:

Is this guy even worth owning anymore?

No stolen bases, no walks, increased K%, etc. He has a wRC+ of 94 and a -3.9 offensive WAR. He's actually a below average player now. He will hit 25 homers, but that is strictly the only good thing he will do.

48 minutes ago, borindia said:

Entering over-the-hill territory going forward.

not droppable - just benchable until a hot streak comes along like trumbo amd machado. 

Whole orioles offense is very mediocre/inconsistent this whole year - schoop has been there most consistent hitter but even he has minor cold streaks.

Im giving him 2 weeks after break, i think he has like 8 rbis in 30 days. Its time to cut bait in my 12 team league 

Anybody with some stat nerd analysis skills want to share on this guy? up, down, sideways? What's the deal?

Too many emerging OF and hot hands to ride to keep guys like Jones around.  I mean, if he's your only "can't drop b/c of name value" guy on the roster then fine, but I've got like 3 of those and it's just too much. 

7 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Too many emerging OF and hot hands to ride to keep guys like Jones around.  I mean, if he's your only "can't drop b/c of name value" guy on the roster then fine, but I've got like 3 of those and it's just too much. 

I know - guys like him Trumbo, Kipnis, and soon to be Dozier,  Everyone has 40 rbis at this point .  There are waiver wire guys outproducing these type of name guys.  Half season is over - at some point we have to come to a realization that some of these guys are what they are at this point.  Could they have an insanely hot second half? Sure -  but it's more likely they continue their present level of play.

21 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Agreed. It was a good run, but the league has passed Jones by. This year his decline -- lower batting average, no more steals -- coupled with the surge in power league-wide sapped any remaining real, "durable" value he had left. Could Jones get hot and be rosterable for a stretch? Sure. But he's not an asset anymore.

Since when was this guy ever a lead off hitter?  Pure garbage.

On 7/17/2017 at 9:52 PM, borindia said:

Since when was this guy ever a lead off hitter?  Pure garbage.

Working out pretty well as of now. He's on one of his epic tears.