Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ak427

Drop Millsap? WHIR 100%

9 posts in this topic

Maybe this is crazy, but is it worth dropping Millsap with the news he'll be out these next two games? Here's the reasoning, I'm in a tight playoff battle and we're both neck-to-neck in players remaining. I could pick up Ilyasova since I'm really close in rebounds and threes. Obviously don't wanna give up Millsap, but I'm trying everything to win this matchup and make the finals. I probably won't be able to win without him in the finals though, but who knows how long he'll be out for...

You don't care about the finals until you get there. If dropping Millsap/adding Ilyasova will get you to the finals do it.

2 people like this

Drop.

BEST CASE Scenario - he misses two games and returns Friday at the very earliest. That means he plays a maximum of 2 games for you this week (Friday and Sunday). Although reports have come out he might miss more than 2 games.

Considering today's Monday (US Time), you can replace millsap with a streamer, and you will be getting stats on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Depending on the quality of players on your waiver wire, you should be able to get more production from a scrub playing 6 games vs millsap playing 2 games.

Like Ripcity0 said, you don't think about the finals until you're in the finals - at which point you have an extra streamer slot to maximise games played, as well as provide you with flexibility to eke out a win by targeting specific categories to get you at least a 5-4 win.

Obviously, this is assuming you don't have a games played limit.

Tough choice, if your matchup is still close, may want to think about pulling the trigger. Maybe if you are high enough on the WW order you can gamble on getting him back. Ilyasova nets you 3 games this week. I'm debating the same thing since he may be out longer this week. 

I ended up dropping him for Ilyasova. My matchup is literally going to come down to like 1 or 2 3PM's or steals so I felt like I couldn't afford to sit out players who aren't playing. Figure I'd rather go all out and try to make the finals rather than miss them completely. Thanks for all the advice guys!

2 people like this

3 hours ago, ak427 said:

I ended up dropping him for Ilyasova. My matchup is literally going to come down to like 1 or 2 3PM's or steals so I felt like I couldn't afford to sit out players who aren't playing. Figure I'd rather go all out and try to make the finals rather than miss them completely. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Tough decision but you made the right choice.