Sign in to follow this  
Mavis

Your Rookie Top 12

I have an interest in seeing what everyones Top 12 rankings looks like post combine, predraft. Helps us get a consensus of where everybody sits. I see another thread with the first two rounds but not a lot of rankings. Maybe we can do the rankings here.

Leonard Fournette RB LSU
Dalvin Cook RB Florida St.
Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
Mike Williams WR Clemson
Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
Christian McCaffery RB Stanford
John Ross WR Washington
Alvin Kamara RB Tennessee
OJ Howard TE Alabama
JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC
Carlos Henderson WR La Tech
D'Onte Foreman RB

Texas

Edited by Mavis
  • Like 1

1. Corey Davis
2. Joe Mixon
3. Christian McCaffrey
4. Dalvin Cook
5. Leonard Fournette
6. Mike Williams
7. Chris Godwin
8. JuJu Smith-Schuster
9. John Ross
10. Carlos Henderson
11. Samaje Perine
12. Evan Engram 

I like many of the TEs but you will be able to buy them at a discount after their rookie year.

• Like 1

1. Davis

2. McCaffrey

3. Mixon

4. Fournette

5. Cook

6. Zay Jones

7. Mike Williams

8. Chris Godwin

9. John Ross

10. Smith-Schuster

11. Njoku 

12. Carlos Henderson

J.Mixon

L.Fournette

C.Davis

M.Williams

D.Cook

Z.Jones

J.Ross

C.McCaffrey

E.Engram

S.Perine

Alot of it will be based on where they end up, but as pure talents i like them in this order. 

Fournette

Davis

Mixon

D. Cook

Mike Williams

McCaffrey

JuJu Smith-Schuster

C. Henderson

J.Ross

Foreman

Z.Jones

Kamara

• Like 1

Dynasty league or just 2017 ???

Ju Ju & TE's will be better with time. Could develop into number one options like Kelce ,Eifert or back in the day Eric Moulds.

If I need immediate dividends I'm looking elsewhere

1 hour ago, howlin' 2 said:

Dynasty league or just 2017 ???

Ju Ju & TE's will be better with time. Could develop into number one options like Kelce ,Eifert or back in the day Eric Moulds.

If I need immediate dividends I'm looking elsewhere

I think Engram has a great chance to contribute right away if he lands in the ideal situation which I assumed with all players for my predraft rankings. He will be used more like a WR IMO which can pay big dividends early given a team knows how to use him. 
Njoku and Howard are good but I think their production will be mostly limited to red zone work until 2018.

In my rankings I tried to take into account a little bit of both, a set of dynasty rankings that are mostly win now in principle. 
In a dynasty league though, I really like Njoku over the rest of the TEs. I also hate Mike Williams in redraft, I think it's going to take time and there is also bust potential.

On 23/03/2017 at 9:43 AM, vikingapocalypse said:

J.Mixon

L.Fournette

C.Davis

M.Williams

D.Cook

Z.Jones

J.Ross

C.McCaffrey

E.Engram

D. Foreman

Alot of it will be based on where they end up, but as pure talents i like them in this order. 

Answered some questions on his pro day, moving foreman into perines old spot

3 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

No Way, Zay it isn't so...

Not liking Zay Jones in the top twelve

Watch some of his tape, including senior bowl. Ridiculous body control. Great hands. Sharp route runner. Shades of josh doctson from last year. @96mnclikens him to michael thomas in my talks with him. Kids got talent.

I personally dont see any reason he shouldnt be considered as the 3rd WR off the board.

Edited by vikingapocalypse
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

You should.

8 hours ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Watch some of his tape, including senior bowl. Ridiculous body control. Great hands. Sharp route runner. Shades of josh doctson from last year. @96mnclikens him to michael thomas in my talks with him. Kids got talent.

I personally dont see any reason he shouldnt be considered as the 3rd WR off the board.

Yea, but @96mnc mean t the Rams M. Thomas ;)

On April 8, 2017 at 7:32 PM, howlin' 2 said:

Same. Overall, a very weak WR class IMO.

8 minutes ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

Same. Overall, a very weak WR class IMO.

I dont really get the carlos henderson love over zay jones, but i guess we all have different opinions.

3 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

I dont really get the carlos henderson love over zay jones, but i guess we all have different opinions.

Henderson averaged almost 19 yards a pop while Jones was a Landry-esque receiver at East Carolina. 
One of those traits translates to fantasy points. The other does not. 

The athleticism is encouraging for Jones but I'm not sure enough of him as a pure football player to put him in my top-5 WRs, even in a weak class.

1 minute ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

Henderson averaged almost 19 yards a pop while Jones was a Landry-esque receiver at East Carolina. 
One of those traits translates to fantasy points. The other does not. 

The athleticism is encouraging for Jones but I'm not sure enough of him as a pure football player to put him in my top-5 WRs, even in a weak class.

YPC barely tells the story.

Catching the most balls in CFB history arguably provides value for ppr league. And while his offense at east carolina was more geared towards the short passing game, he couldnt really help it. He dominated at it at the very least, and a study of tape shows a great pair of hands and body control. The athleticism was just a great cherry on the top for me, as that was some of the questions for him. He was also massivley productive most of his college career.

Henderson was really a one year "star" against weak competition, ran relativley simple routes and size questions that will make teams wonder if he can move outside. He had some trouble with those quick timing routes i.e slants.  He has a place as a kick returner, and that alone will find a place for him. But id take zay jones everyday over henderson, fantasy or real life.

What you guys think of these two?

Cooper Kupp?

Can this guy be an Edelman type?  He's taller, but great hands and a dang good route runner.  This guy blistered the stat sheet in subdivision football.  Not in my top 12, but i wonder if he's on anyone's radar.  Could work out a shifty slot WR at the next level.  

Marlon Mack?

smaller back but he's got speed and wiggle to his game.  Good footwork, decent hands, and he's a game breaker.   He doest have the build to be a work horse but i wonder if he's the kind of player in the right offensive scheme that could be pretty productive if utilized right. 

Edited by BlakeP42

2 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Is it just me, or is this a really mediocre draft class? Hardly any elite talent.

You're spot on. It's the receiver position that is really depressing though, as well as QB.

TE is one of the best and/or deepest ever so there is that.

If Corey Davis went to the combine and Dalvin Cook stayed on his couch, I'd be more excited about this class. Right now, there is an unknown with just about everybody outside of OJ Howard and David Njoku.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS

Just now, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

You're spot on. It's the receiver position that is really depressing though, as well as QB.

TE is one of the best and/or deepest ever so there is that.

Best ever TE class, i agree.

10 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Is it just me, or is this a really mediocre draft class? Hardly any elite talent.

You're gonna be surprised how many very good players come out of this class.

7 hours ago, petekrum said:

You're gonna be surprised how many very good players come out of this class.

Really? I see a lot of guys that might be WR2/rb2 types at best for fantasy purposes. 

bit disappointing after all the hype surrounding it during the winter. It was supposed to be the best RB class since 2008, but the more I look at the RBs, the more I dislike them.

3 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Really? I see a lot of guys that might be WR2/rb2 types at best for fantasy purposes. 

bit disappointing after all the hype surrounding it during the winter. It was supposed to be the best RB class since 2008, but the more I look at the RBs, the more I dislike them.

Other than Zeke, there are a handful of RBs that will crush any of the RBs that came out last year. (Exemption given to Henry)

29 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Other than Zeke, there are a handful of RBs that will crush any of the RBs that came out last year. (Exemption given to Henry)

Don't forget about Howard and Prosise. I think there are better backs than those guys this year but not many.
I think in OAK (or should I say Vegas?) , CMac or Mixon would have the potential to be better than or as good as any back in the past 2 draft classes (16 and 17), even including Elliot and Henry. 

Anyways, it's not the RBs people are concerned about, it's the WRs. Corey Davis is pretty much a lock to be successful but how successful? Really wish he would have tested at the combine as a small school player. Mike Williams has enormous bust potential but offers a very high ceiling. After that, who do you really feel good about being even a #2 on a team?