Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mavis

Your Rookie Top 12

62 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio passes along "palpable buzz" that Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon "could linger much longer than expected" in the NFL draft.

Per Florio, "multiple league sources who have investigated the situation believe that Mixon may be waiting beyond round two or three." Another source "suggested" to Florio that "Mixon possibly won't be drafted at all." NFL.com analyst and longtime league insider Gil Brandt recently ranked this year's top-150 draft prospects, and Mixon wasn't included. The draftnik community has seemed convinced Mixon will be drafted early in the second round.

Shots fired.

For every "sources say hes not being drafted" or " sources say he will be drafted after round 3" I can show you an article stating "sources say hes moving into the first" or "sources say hes locked in the second round"....

With his circumstances, no one really knows.

Edited by Rizzle630
1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, Rizzle630 said:

For every "sources say hes not being drafted" or " sources say he will be drafted after round 3" I can show you an article stating "sources say hes moving into the first" or "sources say hes locked in the second round"....

With his circumstances, no one really knows.

100% agree. Everything is a smokescreen at this point its hard to find the real news. The one source "suggesting" he might not be drafted is probably a source considering him, hoping to persuade other teams from rethinking taking him.

I think he will be drafted. No way teams let talent like that go undrafted. Where? That i dont know.

2 hours ago, vikingapocalypse said:

100% agree. Everything is a smokescreen at this point its hard to find the real news. The one source "suggesting" he might not be drafted is probably a source considering him, hoping to persuade other teams from rethinking taking him.

I think he will be drafted. No way teams let talent like that go undrafted. Where? That i dont know.

Can't see him getting drafted after the 5th round.
1. He isn't fresh off the issue and was still able to play at Oklahoma following the incident. Wasn't like a Crowell type who was dismissed and only put up numbers at a small school.
2. Checks all the boxes outside of the off the field. This violence is unlikely to be a reoccurring issue. Essentially, it's whatever team cares the least about their reputation and the most about winning at all costs. On talent alone, there isn't a team in the league that will have a lower than round 2-3 grade on this guy. 

If I had to guess, I'd put his sweet spot at rounds 2-4. At that point teams will be thinking along the mindset of "if we don't take him someone else will". I have a gut feeling it will be Dalvin Cook free falling on draft day, not Mixon. 

5 hours ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

Can't see him getting drafted after the 5th round.
1. He isn't fresh off the issue and was still able to play at Oklahoma following the incident. Wasn't like a Crowell type who was dismissed and only put up numbers at a small school.
2. Checks all the boxes outside of the off the field. This violence is unlikely to be a reoccurring issue. Essentially, it's whatever team cares the least about their reputation and the most about winning at all costs. On talent alone, there isn't a team in the league that will have a lower than round 2-3 grade on this guy. 

If I had to guess, I'd put his sweet spot at rounds 2-4. At that point teams will be thinking along the mindset of "if we don't take him someone else will". I have a gut feeling it will be Dalvin Cook free falling on draft day, not Mixon. 

Agree with all of the above. Somebodies fingers are going to get really twitchy once he starts getting to that 2nd round, especially RB needy teams.

Without being to much of a homer, the vikings are doing due dillegence on this guy. Mike zimmer left with him after his pro day, even gifted him roy williams putter or something of the sort. All polls out of minny say a far greater percentage would be okay with mixon as a viking. Thats a team i dont see letting mixon get very far if other teams allow him to fall.

58 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Agree with all of the above. Somebodies fingers are going to get really twitchy once he starts getting to that 2nd round, especially RB needy teams.

Without being to much of a homer, the vikings are doing due dillegence on this guy. Mike zimmer left with him after his pro day, even gifted him roy williams putter or something of the sort. All polls out of minny say a far greater percentage would be okay with mixon as a viking. Thats a team i dont see letting mixon get very far if other teams allow him to fall.

I could also see my squad taking him.
The Browns are unlikely to pay crow after his walk year and they don't trust duke's size.
I think CLE would be a really good spot actually, especially if we address RT. 
The Vikings OL I'm not quite as high on but Teddy and Bradford will be sure to throw to Mixon a lot, which is a plus I suppose.

18 minutes ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

I could also see my squad taking him.
The Browns are unlikely to pay crow after his walk year and they don't trust duke's size.
I think CLE would be a really good spot actually, especially if we address RT. 
The Vikings OL I'm not quite as high on but Teddy and Bradford will be sure to throw to Mixon a lot, which is a plus I suppose.

I would undoubtedly agree your oline is way better, especially after this offseason. A good landing spot for sure.

I just hope the vikes can be a sort of a - 2012 seahawks where our defense can keep games close enough to make up for a growing offense. Our o played pretty decent at times, just some continuity on the oline and a dynamic back like mixon could do wonders.

Edited by vikingapocalypse

Post-draft:

1. Davis

2. McCaffrey

3. Mixon

4. Fournette

5. Hunt

6. Cook

7. Williams

8. Zay Jones

9. Ross

10. Njoku

11. Engram

12. Howard

My post draft:

1a. Fournette

1b. Davis

3. McCaffery

4. Mixon

5. Cook

6. Williams

7. Hunt

8. Howard

9. Njoku

10. Zay Jones

11. Engram

12. Ross

Same players just in a different order

Risers:

Corey Davis, Christian McCaffrey, JuJu Smith-Schuster, OJ Howard, Kareem Hunt, Patrick Mahomes, Samaje Perine

Fallers:

Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, Curtis Samuel, Jeremy McNichols

Push:

Joe Mixon, John Ross, Mike Williams, David Njoku

1. Corey Davis

2. Christian McCaffrey

3. Joe Mixon

4. Leonard Fournette

5. Mike Williams

6. JuJu Smith Schuster

7. OJ Howard

8. David Njoku

9. Dalvin Cook

10. Chris Godwin

11. Evan Engram

12. Kareem Hunt

Dynasty PPR:

1. Fournette

2. C. Davis

3. McCaffrey

4. Mixon

5. Cook

6. O. J. Howard

7.  Ingram

8. M.Williams

9. Ross

10. Zay

11. Samuel

Leonard Fournette
Christian McCaffrey (PPR league - knocked down in non PPR league)
Corey Davis
Joe Mixon
Dalvin Cook (his rap sheet, longer than Mixon's, and his health knock him down for me)
Mike Williams
Zay Jones
O.J. Howard
John Ross (health issues knock him down for me)
Evan Engram
Kareem Hunt
David Njoku