Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matdotmarshall

Marte vs. Stanton - WHIR

11 posts in this topic

Choosing keepers in a H2H 12-team 6X6 (reg. plus complete games/OPS) - I've been all over the map but have settled in with Sale/Seager/Marte. However, Stanton is also an option at OF and the cost is effectively the same (either way I would be sacrificing rounds 2-4). 

Can somebody help me understand how/why Marte is going off the board 1-2 rounds ahead of Stanton? Sure, he's got him on SB/AVG, but Stanton's HR/OPS are elite and even on the Marlins he has higher R/RBI projections. He is one or two years younger, at worst a similar injury risk to Marte, and has ostensibly higher upside. Seems like he wins in 4/6 categories and is at least a wash on risk/reward - or am I missing something?

All else equal, what's the core argument for valuing a guy like Marte ahead of a guy like Stanton, let alone five-category guys like like Ryan Braun? I'm not roasting Marte here (I like him, obviously, or wouldn't be in a position to keep), I just don't fully understand the price gap on this one.

Toss Sale back and keep Stanton in his place. Not worried about other owners in different leagues taking Marte over The Fish. It's their picks and they can draft whoever they want. It's just a matter of choice for those people. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Toss Sale back and keep Stanton in his place. Not worried about other owners in different leagues taking Marte over The Fish. It's their picks and they can draft whoever they want. It's just a matter of choice for those people. 

Thanks, fair point. I'm probably going to hold Sale so that I can come out of the lost rounds (2-4) with a rotation anchor - otherwise my best shot at an SP1 is Carrasco, which is a little behind the ball for my comfort. But you're right that I probably shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Mainly because Stanaton can't stay of the field. But what some people are forgetting is when Stanton is on the DL the numbers you get from his replacement count as well. Its not like Stanton leaves a total whole.

Stanton has been out of the lineup the past two seasons but I agree that his power numbers are elite. I prefer Stanton but that's me. 

Keep Marte over Stanton. Stanton can't stay healthy and he will kill you with all those K's when he does play. Yes he can hit monster bombs but I would rather trust Marte for what he does.

Help with mine please. Thanks.

I owned Marte last year but would prefer to have Stanton this year even though he carries an injury risk that's reflected in his price. If we could guarantee that he'd stay healthy and play 150+ games he'd be a guaranteed top 3 pick. I just have trouble letting a guy like that go. I'll take the risk and discount all day

Take a look at mine

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/641362-final-keeper-decision-whir/

H2H I'd keep marte all day. He'll contribute across the board in 5 categories.  Stanton will give you more power and more RBI's but kill your BA these days and not do as much for runs.   I'm willing to take a chance on him due to his potential, but not at the expense of Marte who is just more well rounded. Especially in H2H I want more all around players and less role players like Stanton.

I think the reason Marte is being valued higher than Stanton is a lot because of the injury thing and and for the SB/AVG potential.  

SB and AVG  - Marte>>>>Stanton

HR/RBI - Stanton>>>>Marte

Runs - equal