Sign in to follow this  
thump

Syndergaard for Moncada

Dynasty League deal.. 

Drafted some good arms in my league feeling like I can make this move, but should I? 

I send Syndergaard. I get Schwarber & Moncada.

Again Dynasty keeper.. am I crazy? 

Thoughts? 

If its for the league in your signature...why would you do it? You have plenty of hitting, minors and MLB. You need to keep all the pitching depth you can get.

• Like 1

Dude you are LOADED, I wouldn't make a single move.....

Keep Thor - if he's healthy all year, he's going to be in the conversation to win the Cy Young.

Dear god YES get Kyle S & Moncada ASAP!!!!! You're getting the better players and duo!! 

All valid points.. My thought process is that Thor has a bone spur and sure he may be amazing.. However this is a H2H league and every year I am able to build a really strong staff throughout the year, can't really do that with young offensive studs.. Last year I dealt for Tanaka & Lester and added them to Duffy & Lackey whom I both got off waivers.. This year I drafted Duffy & Tanaka so I have a base to work off.. 

Also I got Thor in the off season for Myers & Giolitto this off season so dealing them for Schwarber & Moncada gives me two young controllable pieces for the now & the future.. 

42 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Dear god YES get Kyle S & Moncada ASAP!!!!! You're getting the better players and duo!! 

Sarcasm or nah?

17 minutes ago, thump said:

Not enough?

Did you change your signature? I swear you had Contreras at C. You wouldn't have an ace on your staff anymore. What happens when Schwarber loses Catcher eligibility?

for a dynasty, I think this is enough for Thor. I am like you and tend to think its pretty easy to rebuild a nice pitching staff throughout the year. H2H category make me value offense heavily as well. 

With that being said, you're not really going to gain much ground offensively since its so stacked already. I'd keep Thor and try to build a dominant rotation rather than having an even stronger offense and suffering at pitching. Unless there are other teams that are getting stacked in your league and you need to make a move to compete with them, I'd sit tight. 

In my opinion, Duffy won't be as good and you've got a lot of young risky talent that could be very inconsistent. Having Thor to build around would be better for your team.

No joke.. dude turned down the offer without much thought anyway.. and he is a Mets fan.. 

This league is unreal.. lol

6 hours ago, thump said:

No joke.. dude turned down the offer without much thought anyway.. and he is a Mets fan.. 

This league is unreal.. lol

Why would it be a joke to turn down the trade?  He has 2 excellent dynasty keepers. Why would he deal them BOTH for a SP who has already had an arm issue, even if it is Thor?  I wouldn't have made the deal either.

Edited by Chuckles

15 hours ago, Chuckles said:

Why would it be a joke to turn down the trade?  He has 2 excellent dynasty keepers. Why would he deal them BOTH for a SP who has already had an arm issue, even if it is Thor?  I wouldn't have made the deal either.

I was going on.. People's reactions above... Why do you think I wanted to make the deal myself?