Sign in to follow this  
tripler0425

How can I improve my team?

What are my weaknesses and where can I improve. I have one owner who is interested in Gonzalez and I like his Mcullers. Would a deal like Gonzalez and Snell or another sp for Belt and McCullers work?

If McCullers can come back and pitch a full season of no injuries, I would say that it is a decent trade.  You are trading for a SP2/SP3, but also keep in mind, that the pitcher you would include back in the deal, say Snell, could have one of those seasons that would bolster him up the rankings too...not as good as McCullers, but possibly near it.  Personally, I would do the deal, but again, my league favors SP pretty heavily and I always have an affinity towards SP.

I think your team is weak/risky at OF. I wouldn't worry about SP now. You've got a lot of high upside guys that if they don't work out hopefully something will be on waivers in an 11 team. There's a handful of SP that always pop up during the season. I don't like Puig and Brantley as your 3rd and 4th OF, they sure have the talent, but Brantley's injury could cause some real problems and Puig is just too frustrating for me to own until he actually proves something.

Don't get me wrong here, I like Brantley and Puig on their own. Just the risk of them being on the same team is a bit much in my opinion and you could be setting yourself up for a big hole at OF if either don't pan out. 

If you have someone interested in Gonzo, work something quickly. I think he's in a sharp decline and he's never going to provide the value you're looking for. It's a solid team and if your pitching breaks right you'll be in nice shape. 

I would look to move Gonzalez straight up for a pitcher as possible, maybe even getting an OF back if you can.  I'm not a fan of having so many bench hitters (if any at all) so I would be looking to stash some pitchers that could help you... really tough to say who you could offer because we don't know your league mates like you do.  Thanks for the help with mine.

I would make the deal you mentioned, i think Belt hasa better year than A Gon and if McCullers is healthy he will be better than Snell, if he won't take Snell offer Velasquez, i would also move Duvall into the lineup instead of Puig.