Sign in to follow this  
3Sheets1elbow

Franklyn Kilome-SP PHI

Saw he made Baseball Prospectus's "Just Missed" in their mid-season top 50. Very short track record, but after seeing an uptick from the low 90's to mid 90's on his fastball, he's starting to turn some heads.

He's only 3 starts into short season ball, but it might be worth adding him to your radar.

I live in Williamsport and saw him pitch his last outing, he's raw but he seems to have a great deal of potential. (I'm no scout, just observing -_-)

"On the mound In Williamsport, Franklyn Kilome has emerged as one of the most intriguing, and possibly one of the most talented pitching prospects in the entire organization. With a major bump in speed of the last calendar year, the 20-year old Dominican is 1-0 after his frist two starts, allowing just 1 earned run and 5 hits in 11.2 innings with a 10/4 K:BB Ratio" - Matthew Veasey, Fansided

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/phillies/Baseball-America-Franklyn-Kilome-the-Phillies-third-best-prospect.html

Phuture Phillies @PhuturePhilz 23h23 hours ago Pennsylvania, USA

Franklyn Kilome last night for WP: 3IP 4H 0ER 0BB 3K. Was on a strict pitch count

Ian Catherine @IanCatherine27 Jul 22 Fishkill, NY

Talking with Austin Bossart about Franklyn Kilome, and he said that Kilome hit 99 MPH with his 2nd pitch of the ball game.

Edited by mulhollandvelvet

King had eyes on Kilome today:

Chris King @StatsKing 6h6 hours ago

Kilome sitting 91-93 T94 in the first. All FB's. K, 6-3, P5. Worked to both sides well. Solid late movement

Chris King @StatsKing 5h5 hours ago

Kilome more 93-96 in the 2nd. Started mixing in a sharp, tight curve 76-78. FB is electric in all quadrants. CB missing bats

Chris King @StatsKing 5h5 hours ago

Kilome's last pitch of the day was 95 and sinking. Weak 6-3 ground out

Chris King @StatsKing 2h2 hours ago

Two takeaways from Kilome today: His upper body has definitely added strength and his CH showed improvement

And he took some video:

Jarrett Seidler @jaseidler 1h1 hour ago

Kilome worked 91-94 in the 1st again, but did reach back to pop a 97. Curves were tighter at 81-84. Command a work in progress. More later.

Jarrett Seidler @jaseidler 13m13 minutes ago

Kilome out after 4 1/3. Fastball velo held in that 91-94 band. Curve much better, and he leaned on it heavily, future plus potential.

Jarrett Seidler @jaseidler 12m12 minutes ago

Fastball command was not so hot, but it’s Low-A and a struggling pitcher. Looked like he mixed in a handful two seamers as a change of pace.

Jarrett Seidler @jaseidler 9m9 minutes ago

There’s obviously the makings of a future top prospect here but there’s a long way to go. He’s young and raw, it’s the Sally.

4.1 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K tonight vs Greenville.

Step in the right direction after a trio of rough starts to begin the year.

Surprised we don't have tread for him....Baseball HQ Prospect Book was high on him 9E? Anybody with thoughts? And there is this...

Bill Badler..Baseball America:

I think Kilome is a starter. He needs to throw the changeup more to develop that pitch and improve his fastball command, but there’s nothing with him that screams reliever. You can make a good argument either way on Sanchez vs. Kilome, but I have Sanchez ahead because Sanchez’s stuff across the board is better, he has better command, an easier delivery and he’s a better athlete. Kilome is a little further along, but they’re only going to be a level apart this year, and Sanchez’s command is good enough that they might be teammates by the end of the year. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Sanchez ended up getting to the big leagues faster than Kilome despite Kilome’s head start.
Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/phillies-top-10-prospects-chat/#0xugCXV8LaebZWHi.99

Have him third in my cue to draft behind Dylan Cease. Just drafted Walker Buehler. In my Scoresheet NL league only a couple prospects beside my picks have gone and I'm in an agressive rebuild.
SS  Fernando Tatis

P  Franklyn Kilome
  P   Luiz Gohara
  P   Thomas Szapucki

I actually dropped Kilome in my dynasty league. Picked him up around mid-season last year and after a few trades just didn't have room for him entering our draft this season. Almost two rounds in (that includes 2016 signings) and he's not close to being top available.

Just drafted him today:)

Drafted Cease and Buehler before that.

Thomas Szapucki might be my next pick.

Dunn and White are still out there as well as a couple of Cubs prospects.

On 3/20/2017 at 6:45 PM, accudart said:

Have him third in my cue to draft behind Dylan Cease. Just drafted Walker Buehler. In my Scoresheet NL league only a couple prospects beside my picks have gone and I'm in an agressive rebuild.
SS  Fernando Tatis

P  Franklyn Kilome
  P   Luiz Gohara
  P   Thomas Szapucki

No interest in Sixto Sanchez? Or is he already gone?