FreakFries

Jimmy Garoppolo 2017 Season Outlook

I love Jimmy G......I know that sounds weird, but he has become my favorite player already and I am so glad B.B. did the right thing and traded him to Kyle Shanahan. He is in good hands. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, webster slaughter said:

Why did the Pats trade him with Brady approaching his 50's? 

Becausw Bill Bell wanted to trade Brady or explore it at least and Kraft wouldn’t let him. So Bill proceeded to trade Jacoby Brissett and Jimmy G.  for practicly nothing.  A giant fu to Kraft.  

• Like 2

Reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. Quick release and great mobility in the pocket. I am all in on Jimmy G next year. They have the most cap room to make some major moves next year. Trade for him now at a serious discount.

If I can't get Watson or Wentz I'd love to draft this guy a little later.  It was painful watching him tear up my fantasy D like that, but it was so impressive I couldn't even be mad.  Imagine him with an offseason and some real weapons to work with.

On 12/22/2017 at 11:21 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Jimmy G and co are gonna be the biggest spoilers of 'chip week - all those Jax D owners who were salivating weeks ago are gonna be let down on Sunday - not saying the 49ers are gonna drop a 40 burger on them, but, this ain't the "ZOMG!1!!1! SAN FRAN IN CHIP WEEK!!!11!! WE GOLDEN!!1!" bonanza they were all counting on. 

San Fran is showing some balls, they are playing with fire and purpose, and will move the ball at home ...

prepare to see Jax D being mentioned a ton in the Vent/Rant thread, and to be one of the busts of week 16.  

Excellent.

I wonder if he gets Derek Carr money, Osweiler money or just the franchise tag.

After seeing the handling of Cousins blow up in the Redskins face, I doubt they go that way.

If I can emoji I would 😢

We loaned Jimmy to you, now give him back. We all want him in new England. Fact.

Love his success, but can't you suck a little so you can back home boy. 

Frig we let the effective Aaron Rodgers walk. Grrrrrrrrrr.....

Go Jimmy win because it's great for you, but selfishly I'm asking Santa for my future QB back. I've been a good boy by a lot of accounts. 😂

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

Becausw Bill Bell wanted to trade Brady or explore it at least and Kraft wouldn’t let him. So Bill proceeded to trade Jacoby Brissett and Jimmy G.  for practicly nothing.  A giant fu to Kraft.  

It is all speculation (no one knows for sure) but I buy the theory that Hoody wanted to start transitioning away from Brady and when Kraft got wind of it, he vetoed the idea.  That left Hoody no choice but to let JG go.  At the same time, I bet Hoody wanted JG to succeed (in another conference for sure) so that folks would see that Hoody had the right plan all along.  Just imagine how Kraft will look if Brady falls off a cliff while JG takes off?  By contrast, Hoody's mystic would only grow.  

That explains it all to me,  but we'll never know for sure.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

It is all speculation (no one knows for sure) but I buy the theory that Hoody wanted to start transitioning away from Brady and when Kraft got wind of it, he vetoed the idea.  That left Hoody no choice but to let JG go.  At the same time, I bet Hoody wanted JG to succeed (in another conference for sure) so that folks would see that Hoody had the right plan all along.  Just imagine how Kraft will look if Brady falls off a cliff while JG takes off?  By contrast, Hoody's mystic would only grow.  

I am all in on that theory. Belichick and McDaniels had their own personal meetings every week with Garoppolo outside of Brady. I feel like they were true believers in him and some of speculation had truth.

1 hour ago, RustyMiller said:

I wonder if he gets Derek Carr money, Osweiler money or just the franchise tag.

After seeing the handling of Cousins blow up in the Redskins face, I doubt they go that way.

He will get franchised and they will work on a long-term extension. He is going to make a lot of money next year either way. The Redskins botched the Cousins situation because they never wanted to pay Cousins the market for a starting NFL QB beyond the 1 year franchise deals. They had their chance.

Could be that or could be we have hall of fame QB and Bill didn't want to do Jimmy dirty. Oh yeah and also Brady kicks ...

Having said that huge love from pats nation. If we can get Jimmy G back we will. Tooth and nail we would. 

Want to figure pats nation, fine listen to Francis on YouTube from Fitzy's channel. 😁

Kiss a kid. 🤣

12 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

I really have a hard time believing that BB traded someone to have him do well.

As a competitor and someone who stretches every rule to get an advantage, I don't think he would trade someone with the intention of making any team better.

Bottom line is they were not going to franchise Garrapolo and you are not benching the potential 2017 MVP.

I mean what are you going to with Brady? Trade him? Bench him?

He just ran out of time with Jimmy.

I really don't see BB coaching more than 5 years so he'll retire when Brady retires.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Could be that or could be we have hall of fame QB and Bill didn't want to do Jimmy dirty. Oh yeah and also Brady kicks ...

Having said that huge love from pats nation. If we can get Jimmy G back we will. Tooth and nail we would. 

Want to figure pats nation, fine listen to Francis on YouTube from Fitzy's channel. 😁

Kiss a kid. 🤣

WAT.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I feel like next year, JG is going to cost too much on draft day for me to draft him anywhere.

I just see the hype train already building in this thread. Just you wait until Matthew "Micheal Vick is like owning an RB and a QB" Berry writes some ridiculous article about him before drafts next year.

1 minute ago, Holben said:

I feel like next year, JG is going to cost too much on draft day for me to draft him anywhere.

I just see the hype train already building in this thread. Just you wait until Matthew "Micheal Vick is like owning an RB and a QB" Berry writes some ridiculous article about him before drafts next year.

Next season will be deep with talented QB's. Think of it like this u could have streamed a rotation of Mcown-Palmer-Goff and played Bortles the entire playoffs   to get a composite top5 QB for the season. 

18 minutes ago, Holben said:

Please please downgrade him. Please we will trade top draft pick back fo him. Please please...

give jimmy some real recievers and watch what really happens! Looking foward to the garappolo garçon connection next year.....

• Like 1