FreakFries

Jimmy Garoppolo 2017 Season Outlook

26 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Jimmy the GREAT! As a lifelong Niner fan it’s great to see what Lynch and Kyle and doing. Defense is going to be Nasty with a few additions and some growth. 

You are getting blessed. My dad was 49er fan, watched so many games as kid despite my pats losing. Great to see 49ers go now. But sad we can't keep Jimmy. Take this as compliment. Pats nation wants him back. 

7 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

I love Jimmy G......I know that sounds weird, but he has become my favorite player already and I am so glad B.B. did the right thing and traded him to Kyle Shanahan. He is in good hands. 

You're patting the a** end of the horse.

4 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

You are getting blessed. My dad was 49er fan, watched so many games as kid despite my pats losing. Great to see 49ers go now. But sad we can't keep Jimmy. Take this as compliment. Pats nation wants him back. 

Lol the Pats ain’t getting Jimmy back hahahaHAHAHA Unless they part with 2-1st rounders, and that may not be enough at this point. They’ll franchise tag him for the next 10 years if they have to, after today’s performance. But most likely, he signs a 5-7 year contract with the Niners 

Edited by MrPositive

7 hours ago, Holben said:

I feel like next year, JG is going to cost too much on draft day for me to draft him anywhere.

I just see the hype train already building in this thread. Just you wait until Matthew "Micheal Vick is like owning an RB and a QB" Berry writes some ridiculous article about him before drafts next year.

Hype train? Dude just blew up the pass defense that no QB has blown up. Rothlisberger got picked 5 times by them! And it was no fluke, as I watched the entire game. Dude is the legit next freak QB in the league. So insanely accurate, lightning fast, and already looking off receivers. Unreal the Pats didn’t get more actually and the Browns didn’t trade half their picks before the draft.

I just hope they sign him to a real multi year contract and not franchise him to death like Washington has done to Cousins. 

Either way I feel great knowing I snagged him with the 347th pick in this past re-draft in my deep keeper OP league. 1 pick away from the Mr Irrelevant pick. Now I can pair him with Russell Wilson for a nice 1-2 punch. I'm not sure what to do with Brees though. I've owned him since 2007. 

http://games.espn.com/ffl/tools/draftrecap?leagueId=50838

49ers will franchise him. He'll be amazing.

Then the Pats will get him back. This is only a short term loan.

• Confused 1

He's the real deal. If this week didn't convince people nothing this year will.

That is fine. Huge value next year hopefully. Let everyone else overspend.

1 hour ago, Fenamo said:

That's impossible franchise QB's just don't switch teams like that. The Pats will not have a chance at getting him back. 

My guess is after Brady retires Coach B is gonna retire too. He is the oldest coach in the league alongside Pete Carroll at 65. 

I think Jimmy G and Coach Shanahan is a perfect match. Shanahan's offensive moxy and imagination with a QB with the talent Jimmy has is going to be interesting to see how far this can go. 

I'll keep saying it, that lightening quick release is what sets JG apart.  Sure, having vision, pocket presence and mobility are important, but no one since Marino has had a release like that.  In today's NFL, defense is all about speed and reaction time.  A QB who can get rid of the ball quicker than anyone has a built in advantage over the rest of the league, and it is an advantage that cannot be overcome with scheme or personnel.  As a defense, you simply go into every game against JG with a disadvantage that you have to live with as compared to every other team you play.  For Shanahan, that's huge.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

I'll keep saying it, that lightening quick release is what sets JG apart.  Sure, having vision, pocket presence and mobility are important, but no one since Marino has had a release like that.  In today's NFL, defense is all about speed and reaction time.  A QB who can get rid of the ball quicker than anyone has a built in advantage over the rest of the league, and it is an advantage that cannot be overcome with scheme or personnel.  As a defense, you simply go into every game against JG with a disadvantage that you have to live with as compared to every other team you play.  For Shanahan, that's huge.

I'm a Jimmy G fan too but the quickest release statement since Marino comes from his college coach last I read. Andy Dalton has one of the quickest release times but he isnt winning any QB of the year awards. I also recall kurt Warner had a quick release learned from playing arena ball but what really matters is making the quickest decision on what to do with the ball before you release it which is why Brady is as  effective as he is even though he has closer to an avg throwing motion but appears to be faster getting his pass off.

Jimmy G is going to be a fine QB and it will be fun to watch how the Niners build this team because i think fans  are ready for new blood to energize the NFL vs the same old NE vs Pitt vs GB vs SEA we have had the past few years. 

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 2

Good thing drafts aren’t for awhile so the ridiculous hype can die down 

He played well against the Jags - we can hold off on his hall of fame induction 

(I’m sure the “sleeper hype” will be just as ridiculous next summer, raising his price) 

He's certainly the real deal, and an extremely likeable guy.

• Like 1

After watching the game film on YouTube it is impressive that two of the three Ints were from batted or tipped balls. So looks like only one was bad decision thrown into coverage. But one problem with these highlight films is they don't show you run of the mill plays and incomplete passes. But certainly looks promising as a franchise type QB. Seems like a top 10 QB. I would imagine they sign him long term, then try to trade down to potentially turn their pick into two firsts. Seems like rebuild interior o line, resign Hyde, add pass rushing and 49ers could become most improved team. I would like to see that. Actually as pats fan I'd rather get Jimmy back, but that won't happen. So might as well see him do well and help turn once a dynasty back into at least competitive team.

I'm from Boston, and if anyone here tells you they wouldn't trade Brady's future for Garoppolo's straight up, they are lying.  Kraft is sticking a fork in this franchise like the Celts did with the big 3 (Bird/Parrish/McHale).  He's allowed his love for Brady to taint his business decision making.  They could have bridged QBs like Green Bay did, instead the Pats will be starting a Brett Hundley in 2 years.

Brady is great, and still playing at a reasonably high level (not MVP level the media is hyping), but if he can play til 45, there is really no reason Garoppolo couldn't.  Brady didn't find the fountain of youth, he just eats clean and lives by pliability.  The Patriots are going to regret the trade, I'm certain of it.  To Kraft, the ability to have Brady a life-long Patriot was worth that trade off, having him be the symbol of the franchise in perpituity.  I get where he is coming from, but there is no doubt to me Belicheck would choose otherwise if he had total control of the decision.

• Like 2

On 12/25/2017 at 6:41 AM, Fenamo said:

Lol.  Jimmy G isn't going anywhere for a long time.

1 hour ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I'm from Boston, and if anyone here tells you they wouldn't trade Brady's future for Garoppolo's straight up, they are lying.  Kraft is sticking a fork in this franchise like the Celts did with the big 3 (Bird/Parrish/McHale).  He's allowed his love for Brady to taint his business decision making.  They could have bridged QBs like Green Bay did, instead the Pats will be starting a Brett Hundley in 2 years.

Brady is great, and still playing at a reasonably high level (not MVP level the media is hyping), but if he can play til 45, there is really no reason Garoppolo couldn't.  Brady didn't find the fountain of youth, he just eats clean and lives by pliability.  The Patriots are going to regret the trade, I'm certain of it.  To Kraft, the ability to have Brady a life-long Patriot was worth that trade off, having him be the symbol of the franchise in perpituity.  I get where he is coming from, but there is no doubt to me Belicheck would choose otherwise if he had total control of the decision.

I agree with this. This was a MONUMENTALLY huge mistake by the Pats. They knew how good he was more than anyone else. I love Brady, and do still think he has a couple more great years even after this season. But you still keep Garappolo no matter what, unless you get offered a 1st and 2nd rounder. They just didn't get nearly enough for somebody that can do this.

12 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

I agree with this. This was a MONUMENTALLY huge mistake by the Pats. They knew how good he was more than anyone else. I love Brady, and do still think he has a couple more great years even after this season. But you still keep Garappolo no matter what, unless you get offered a 1st and 2nd rounder. They just didn't get nearly enough for somebody that can do this.

According to all the things I've seen...

They kept him as long as they could without losing all value. They weren't going to franchise tag Jimmy, therefore he would walk in free agency. There was no leverage left. So getting a 2nd and a back up replacement familiar with the team(Hoyer) is about all they could get back for Jimmy unless they were willing to negotiate with Cleveland. But there is reputable insider saying Bellicheck didn't think sending Jimmy to Cleveland was doing Jimmy right.

The only way Jimmy would be playing for pats is if Brady was traded. Which I believe not trading Brady is the right thing to do when you have arguably the best qb and/or player of all time. I am confident between Bellicheck and McDaniel they will draft and groom a young qb. Assuming Bellicheck doesn't retire or McDaniel doesn't leave to be head coach somewhere. 

8 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Remember when that idiot coach was saying he might not even play this year. What a dumb F

Probably to tank. Once their other guy went down they had no choice. I think they knew all along he was their guy otherwise they wouldn't trade for him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

According to all the things I've seen...

They kept him as long as they could without losing all value. They weren't going to franchise tag Jimmy, therefore he would walk in free agency. There was no leverage left. So getting a 2nd and a back up replacement familiar with the team(Hoyer) is about all they could get back for Jimmy unless they were willing to negotiate with Cleveland. But there is reputable insider saying Bellicheck didn't think sending Jimmy to Cleveland was doing Jimmy right.

The only way Jimmy would be playing for pats is if Brady was traded. Which I believe not trading Brady is the right thing to do when you have arguably the best qb and/or player of all time. I am confident between Bellicheck and McDaniel they will draft and groom a young qb. Assuming Bellicheck doesn't retire or McDaniel doesn't leave to be head coach somewhere. 

I've also read they were offering Jimmy starter money to stay as a backup, but he wouldn't take it because they wouldn't guarantee when he would play.

Maybe that explains why BB is so mad at the Brady fitness guru guy.

He's probably pissed because Brady is supposed to be retired by now and Jimmy should be taking over.

• Haha 1