DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

Still playing behind Demarco, for now.

Derrick should see more playing time this year and i will bet against Murray staying healthy for almost 2 full seasons.

This guy is a beast waiting to be unleashed. What draft grade do you guve to the best RB handcuff in the NFL?

Id say round 9 or 10 if you already got demarco, if not maybe round 11 or 12.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What draft grade do you guve to the best RB handcuff in the NFL?

Id say round 9 or 10 if you already got demarco, if not maybe round 11 or 12.

I fear he will go in the 6th or 7th round in standard leagues.  This is based on fantasycalculator.com right now, which I know isn't always right at this time of year... but it's also based on his 7th-8th round ADP last year, and the fact that he looked great when he got playing time.  This is a high risk / high reward pick for me this year.  Huge wasted mid-round pick if Murray stays healthy.  League winning potential, if not.

If he ends up with a 6/7th rd adp, and one intends to draft Murray, it might be best to let someone else draft him, then target Henry in a trade after he puts up a bad game or two to start the season.

Oh man, is that really his ADP?
I think he'd be RB2 behind Mixon if he were in this class. Guy is an animal. 

I'd have no problem drafting Henry as my RB2, I think the end is near for Murray.

2 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

"This is a high risk / high reward pick for me this year.  Huge wasted mid-round pick if Murray stays healthy. League winning potential, if not."

I think he's high because people believe (myself included) that it isn't a matter of if, but when. Besides injury there's also whether Murray, at 29, wears down some through the latter half of the season. The other factor is that Henry may warrant 15 touches per regardless of Murray. He's definitely a guy I want!

Murray looked pretty damn good last yr. But Im betting Henry will see way more carriers this yr. Mularkey was a moron for not using him more last yr wich led Demarco to breaking down at the season end.

Murray's got like 8 trillion carries over the last 5 years or so. And Henry is ferocious. Just a matter of time before he takes over. If you play in dynasty and he is still available, this is the year to get him.

1 hour ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

. Mularkey was a moron for not using him more last yr wich led Demarco to breaking down at the season end.

No he wasn't. He was actually one of the few competent coaches who knows that featuring one back and letting them get into a rhythm is the best way to pound on a defense. Also, why use up miles on your new car when you can run the old one into the ground first, given that the old car still runs like a charm? 

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

No he wasn't. He was actually one of the few competent coaches who knows that featuring one back and letting them get into a rhythm is the best way to pound on a defense. Also, why use up miles on your new car when you can run the old one into the ground first, given that the old car still runs like a charm? 

That idiotic mindset. Henry is young and having him carry the ball or split the carriers wouldnt hurt him long term. It was pathetic seeing Mularkey not use him in the redzones either.

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

Exactly. 

This is the last last year of guaranteed money on Murray's deal. No reason why they wouldn't just run him into the ground until he breaks down and then start running Henry as the bellcow.

7 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Exactly. 

This is the last last year of guaranteed money on Murray's deal. No reason why they wouldn't just run him into the ground until he breaks down and then start running Henry as the bellcow.

Thats dumb. Why cant you just have two talented RBs on the field together? Thats scary for the defense. Better game planning would of made the Titans a playoff team last yr. The team has talent its the coach that was to blame for their failures. 

There was alot of times when Mularkey refused to put in Henry on 3rd and shorts situations. He was def the right guy for those. Just plain disgusting.

13 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Thats dumb. Why cant you just have two talented RBs on the field together? Thats scary for the defense. Better game planning would of made the Titans a playoff team last yr. The team has talent its the coach that was to blame for their failures. 

Not their RB coaching. Giving Matthews' snaps to a washed up Andre Johnson early in the year...that's a different story. 

Lots of butthurt Henry owners predicted Murray's demise 1-2 seasons too early. That's on them, not the TEN coaching staff. 

10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Not their RB coaching. Giving Matthews' snaps to a washed up Andre Johnson early in the year...that's a different story. 

Lots of butthurt Henry owners predicted Murray's demise 1-2 seasons too early. That's on them, not the TEN coaching staff. 

Oh do you mean the Andre Johnson that made the game winning catch against the Lions last yr? Granted he was nowhere near the prime Andre Johnson, he was pretty decent for the recieving group lasy yr on and off the field

Edited by ChasinDatPaper

19 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Oh do you mean the Andre Johnson that made the game winning catch against the Lions last yr? Granted he was nowhere near the prime Andre Johnson, he was pretty decent for the recieving group lasy yr on and off the field

Yes. TEN would have scored much more than 16 pts that game if Matthews had been playing starter's snaps. Probably would have fared better vs MIN week 1 as well. 

Because humans aren't cars. They age regardless, and even the act of staying in shape and ready takes some tread off the tires. And it's not even that he needed to feature him significantly more. He averaged 7apg. Bump that to say 13-15. Yanno what that accounts for? Always giving the ball to Henry in late down, short yardage situations. 3rd/4th down on anything 3yds and in, if it's gonna be a run (cause I trust Mariota too), you give the ball to Henry.

10 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Tennessee was 3rd in the NFL in rush yards per game, and 4th in yards per attempt.  It's not dumb if it works.

I for one am not so sure that Murray is going to break down, as everyone else seems to be.  Dude is built like a brick s--- house on wheels and he runs like it too.  He was a joy to watch last year, even though I didn't own him anywhere.  There's no wasted motion.  He doesn't put himself in harms way.  He'll deliver blows to defenders but rarely lets himself get popped.  Unless he suffers a dirty hit, I'm not sure that he's going to simply "break down".  He's old, but not THAT old.

All over the place on Henry right now.  As mentioned, he is a league winning RB if Demarco goes down.  However, Demarco looked like a beast last year.  Is this the year he slows down? Or does he have more left in him?  If you look at his carries, he was pretty limited 2 years ago in Philly.  He only carried the ball 193 times.  I've read rule of thumb is that generally RBs breakdown around the 1,800 carry mark.  Murray currently sits at 1,420 carries.  I think Murray still has AT LEAST one more stud season (assuming he plays 16 games).

Now the big issue with Demarco is obviously staying on the field for 16 games.  I think we probably see a few games of Murray on the sideline.  He has only played 2 full seasons in his career, so it's safe to assume 2-3 games on the bench this year.  So if I could take Henry in the 9-10th round I absolutely would be all over it.  However, with his ADP at 6-7th round, that is way too rich for me.  I am not using a pick like that on a back up when I can get starters like Crowell, Gore, or someone like B. Marsh.  

So basically you would be spending a 6th rounder on the hope/wish that Murray goes down and Henry can become your RB1 or 2.  No way am I spending a 6 on a player in hopes that the starter goes down.  

8 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

"Why cant you just have two talented RBs on the field together? That's scary for the defense."

Mainly because they don't complement each other, they're the same player. Henry on the field at the same time would limit space for Murray & vise-versa, not expand it.   

32 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

Mainly because they don't complement each other, they're the same player. Henry on the field at the same time would limit space for Murray & vise-versa, not expand it.   

Let Demarco do his magic catching the ball and let Henry pound the ball.

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

"So basically you would be spending a 6th rounder on the hope/wish that Murray goes down and Henry can become your RB1 or 2.  No way am I spending a 6 on a player in hopes that the starter goes down."  

At FFC, he's been drafted by a real person 288 times over the last 30 days or so. Conversely, about a full round later Terrelle Pryor has been drafted by someone 872 times... purportedly, algorithm results are thrown out & real people determine adp. But clearly, more so for Pryor than Henry. I had thought Henry's adp was a widespread belief, just as you say, but what's more likely is that it's about locking down that backfield. These are would-be Murray owners who want to take no chances. 

So those are the competing theories. Henry's a beast that's ultimately going to overtake or inherit. Or, Murray owners are freaking petrified of that very real possibility. Or some mix of the two.

Edited by markrc99

2 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

All over the place on Henry right now.  As mentioned, he is a league winning RB if Demarco goes down.  However, Demarco looked like a beast last year.  Is this the year he slows down? Or does he have more left in him?  If you look at his carries, he was pretty limited 2 years ago in Philly.  He only carried the ball 193 times.  I've read rule of thumb is that generally RBs breakdown around the 1,800 carry mark.  Murray currently sits at 1,420 carries.  I think Murray still has AT LEAST one more stud season (assuming he plays 16 games).

Now the big issue with Demarco is obviously staying on the field for 16 games.  I think we probably see a few games of Murray on the sideline.  He has only played 2 full seasons in his career, so it's safe to assume 2-3 games on the bench this year.  So if I could take Henry in the 9-10th round I absolutely would be all over it.  However, with his ADP at 6-7th round, that is way too rich for me.  I am not using a pick like that on a back up when I can get starters like Crowell, Gore, or someone like B. Marsh.  

So basically you would be spending a 6th rounder on the hope/wish that Murray goes down and Henry can become your RB1 or 2.  No way am I spending a 6 on a player in hopes that the starter goes down.  

Fwiw i would take Henry over a 36 year old frank gore who cedes GL work to Robert Turbin.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Fwiw i would take Henry over a 36 year old frank gore who cedes GL work to Robert Turbin.

IND will take a back too and Gore will probably fade into retirement.