DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

19 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

We held onto TP for 5 weeks then we’ll seen the writing ..We were allow to cut bait BUT if we drafted DHen you have to assume 95% of owners held on n on to this dead weight week after week ... hoping for that Murray injury that never came. So 16 freaking weeks of Mr. Dead Weight Derrick Henry in my book is worse then 5 weeks of Toilet Paper 

Good point  but that once again points to the value of the handcuff debate

• Like 1

Welcome to the party gentleman.

This was my favorite quote - I can only assume the “gentleman” in question was Axe Elf.

One of my favorite misconceptions is this notion that Derrick Henry alone propelled the Titans to the playoffs.  Uh, no.  Henry started literally once all season.  Alllll of those other wins, that kept them in playoff contention?  Yeah - that was the “idiot” head coach and the sucky starting RB.

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

One of my favorite misconceptions is this notion that Derrick Henry alone propelled the Titans to the playoffs.  Uh, no.  Henry started literally once all season.  Alllll of those other wins, that kept them in playoff contention?  Yeah - that was the “idiot” head coach and the sucky starting RB.

Yes but imagine if they played Henry from the start.  They would be 16-0.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RustyMiller said:

Yes but imagine if they played Henry from the start.  They would be 16-0.

More like 26-0.

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

More like 26-0.

To be fair, it’s not just Henry fantasy owners that think Mularkey is an “idiot”.

I’ve never heard one “professional” sports commentator/analyst/blogger say they thought Mularkey was competent.  They usually use words like “dinosaur” to describe him and his “smash mouth” style of play.

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

For a second I was disoriented and thought I was in the Josh Gordon thread. . .:lol:

Don't understand how the Gordon thread got shut down twice by Mod's and this one keeps going.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

people care about DHen?

the dude was a bust in 2017 .... that is a fact jack

His situation was a bust, but his talent and ability is obviously apparent. 

If you play in dynasty or a dynasty hybrid, it would be wise to hold onto D HEN. 

Don't be a dumbass. 

3 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Don't understand how the Gordon thread got shut down twice by Mod's and this one keeps going.

Probably because Henry is still fantasy relevant.

Though I do see the parallels of bad coaches...

I’m pretty sure every Browns player would rather play for the Titans...

Mariota thowing to Gordon... interesting.  Very interesting...

D HEN 

176 carries for 744 yards a 4.2 average with 5 TD's, 11 receptions for 136 yards 1 TD on 17 targets 

Not giving your best offensive player is pretty foolish. He won them a Playoff game and saved his dumb a** coaches job. 

D HEN has the goods, anyone with eyes and a brain knows this. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

His situation was a bust, but his talent and ability is obviously apparent. 

If you play in dynasty or a dynasty hybrid, it would be wise to hold onto D HEN. 

Don't be a dumbass. 

Cue the C. Mike Train Whistle ^_^

Big stage on deck!! Hoody is gonna stack the box against D HEN! 

Get yours D HEN!! 

With DeMarco Murray (knee) ruled out for Saturday's divisional-round game against the Patriots, Henry will head the Titans' backfield, Jim Wyatt of the team's official site reports.

Spin: 

The 2016 second-rounder rushed for a career-high 156 yards and a touchdown on 23 carries and caught both of his targets for 35 yards in last week's 22-21 win over the Chiefs in the wild-card round. Per Cameron Wolfe of ESPN.com the Titans are inclined to use Henry "quite a bit Saturday to exploit some holes in the Patriots' run defense." Given how well Henry ran during the Titans' initial playoff game, that's a sound approach, though in turn it's expected the New England coaching staff will craft its defensive game plan with containing the Tennessee ground game as its top priority.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, howlin' 2 said:

Cue the C. Mike Train Whistle ^_^

This isn't that. C Mike was a mental dim wit that wasted exceptional physical gifts. 

1 hour ago, The 7th Beatles said:

So one of the greatest coaches and talent evaluators to ever grace the game agrees with the "bull case" for D HEN. 

D HEN bears disagree with hoody. 

If ya wanna talk facts. 

1 minute ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

So one of the greatest coaches and talent evaluators to ever grace the game agrees with the "bull case" for D HEN. 

D HEN bears disagree with hoody. 

If ya wanna talk facts. 

LOL.  Bill also praised Mike Mularkey as an excellent head coach.  

This is just what Belichick does - sing the praises of each opponent before each game.  And it’s a good strategy.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Probably because Henry is still fantasy relevant.

Though I do see the parallels of bad coaches...

I’m pretty sure every Browns player would rather play for the Titans...

Mariota thowing to Gordon... interesting.  Very interesting...

Was joking.  But even then this has turned into DHC vs the world(I'm to blame also).  With nothing worth while coming from any of it.  Hell I would say post of Gordon's snapchats back in October have about as much value.

13 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Big stage on deck!! Hoody is gonna stack the box against D HEN! 

Get yours D HEN!! 

With DeMarco Murray (knee) ruled out for Saturday's divisional-round game against the Patriots, Henry will head the Titans' backfield, Jim Wyatt of the team's official site reports.

Spin: 

The 2016 second-rounder rushed for a career-high 156 yards and a touchdown on 23 carries and caught both of his targets for 35 yards in last week's 22-21 win over the Chiefs in the wild-card round. Per Cameron Wolfe of ESPN.com the Titans are inclined to use Henry "quite a bit Saturday to exploit some holes in the Patriots' run defense." Given how well Henry ran during the Titans' initial playoff game, that's a sound approach, though in turn it's expected the New England coaching staff will craft its defensive game plan with containing the Tennessee ground game as its top priority.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

This isn't that. C Mike was a mental dim wit that wasted exceptional physical gifts. 

Or idiotic coach and play calling. Seattle could've won at least three straight Super Bowl titles if only Sneaky Petey C. would've jumped on board .

Maybe some of those same issues are what kept DeMarco in the game. (Blitz pickup, audible adjustments & recognizing the defense front to assist a young QB .) Makes as much sense as an NFL coach purposefully not using the only tool he has that has the ability to win games all by himself.

P.S. : perfect video as a prelude to D. Henry vs Pats. Just like his leap look for him to come up just short in Foxboro. 

Edited by howlin' 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Im sure you forgot the 2 colts games henry won for the titans and the 2 games he won against the jaguars.

Not sure if serious.

Wonder how Henry got the "Mr. 4th quarter moniker"

Basically cause he closes the game out like no other, punishing defenders and closing out victories.

Every Titans lpss Derrick had less than 11 offensive touches but hey, at least Mariota got sacked 1 less time because of it. 

Lol

7 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

Or idiotic coach and play calling. Seattle could've won at least three straight Super Bowl titles if only Sneaky Petey C. would've jumped on board .

Maybe some of those same issues are what kept DeMarco in the game. (Blitz pickup, audible adjustments & recognizing the defense front to assist a young QB .) Makes as much sense as an NFL coach purposefully not using the only tool he has that has the ability to win games all by himself.

Yes, yes, all those blitz pickups were key.

Not sure how the Titans would do were Murray unable to play and protect mariota.

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Wonder how Henry got the "Mr. 4th quarter moniker"

Basically cause he closes the game out like no other, punishing defenders and closing out victories.

Every Titans lpss Derrick had less than 11 offensive touches but hey, at least Mariota got sacked 1 less time because of it. 

Lol

Because the line and DeMarco did the heavy lifting for the first 3/4 of the game.:D

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Im sure you forgot the 2 colts games henry won for the titans and the 2 games he won against the jaguars.

Not sure if serious.

1 minute ago, howlin' 2 said:

Because the line and DeMarco did the heavy lifting for the first 3/4 of the game.:D

Howlin’, how can you be this confused?  They only won every game because of Derrick Henry.  Their QB, linemen, Pro Bowl TE, wideouts, starting RB?  They all suck and contributed nothing.

LOL.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Howlin’, how can you be this confused?  They only won every game because of Derrick Henry.  Their QB, linemen, Pro Bowl TE, wideouts, starting RB?  They all suck and contributed nothing.

LOL.

Imagine if they just ran the wildcat with Henry?  Super bowl!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Was joking.  But even then this has turned into DHC vs the world(I'm to blame also).  With nothing worth while coming from any of it.  Hell I would say post of Gordon's snapchats back in October have about as much value.

Im sure you meant DHC vs a handful of Henry haters.

Cause its only 5 or so haters who even continue on.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yes, yes, all those blitz pickups were key.

Not sure how the Titans would do were Murray unable to play and protect mariota.

If you were a student of the game and actually watched the last game with a clear vision instead of through Crimson colored glasses you'd notice that on some of the most crucial 3rd & 4th down plays they went open backfield with Henry out of game to keep drives going. Everyone had a part that helped make his big plays possible. Even his last big clock killing run the biggest part of the play was Mariota's block walling off the edge defender. As Hue Jackson said of Isaiah Crowell's 59 yd run , that Henry run was called and blocked so well anyone of us could've done it.

• Thanks 1