DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

 

10 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

Because the line and DeMarco did the heavy lifting for the first 3/4 of the game.:D

 

You speak in jest.

 

I know you dont believe that and if you do, im sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

If you were a student of the game and actually watched the last game with a clear vision instead of through Crimson colored glasses you'd notice that on some of the most crucial 3rd & 4th down plays they went open backfield with Henry out of game to keep drives going. Everyone had a part that helped make his big plays possible. Even his last big clock killing run the biggest part of the play was Mariota's block walling off the edge defender. As Hue Jackson said of Isaiah Crowell's 59 yd run , that Henry run was called and blocked so well anyone of us could've done it.

 

You mean the last game where derrick went for 191 and a TD?

 

Henry was split out wide on a lot of those sets, not out of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

You mean the last game where derrick went for 191 and a TD?

 

Henry was split out wide on a lot of those sets, not out of the game.

 

“Split our wide” on a lot of those sets?  I counted maybe 2-3 times all game he was split out wide.  What are you talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

You mean the last game where derrick went for 191 and a TD?

 

Henry was split out wide on a lot of those sets, not out of the game.

Serious question. How much catches does Henry have past 5 yards when he lines up wide? I don't mean where he catches it behind the LOS and runs but where he catches the ball past 5 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be the first one to come here and eat crow If Henry isn't a top 10 back next year after being named sled dog. 

 

But If he is a top 10 back, I'll be here for my come up ins. 

 

If he was a bust this season, why am I getting trade offers in dynasty? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I'll be the first one to come here and eat crow If Henry isn't a top 10 back next year after being named sled dog. 

 

But If he is a top 10 back, I'll be here for my come up ins. 

 

If he was a bust this season, why am I getting trade offers in dynasty? 

The fantasy season was over 3 weeks ago and he was a bust.  Before DHC comments for no reason yes coaching was the biggest factor. But still doesn't change the facts of him being a bust.  It doesn't take a genius to realize he has value in a dynasty league.  You getting offers has relevance for the 2018 fantasy season.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I'll be the first one to come here and eat crow If Henry isn't a top 10 back next year after being named sled dog. 

 

But If he is a top 10 back, I'll be here for my come up ins. 

 

If he was a bust this season, why am I getting trade offers in dynasty

I'd say 9/10 people if not more that have Henry do not play in dynasty. It's the 2018 outlook for a reason. He went as high as the 6th round and was a single digit round pick in every league. 

 

Thus, he is a bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Serious question. How much catches does Henry have past 5 yards when he lines up wide? I don't mean where he catches it behind the LOS and runs but where he catches the ball past 5 yards.

 

I was thinking about too.  To say he's a good receiving back is a little misleading.  It seems more like a long handoff on most of his catches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I'll be the first one to come here and eat crow If Henry isn't a top 10 back next year after being named sled dog. 

 

But If he is a top 10 back, I'll be here for my come up ins. 

 

If he was a bust this season, why am I getting trade offers in dynasty? 

So you don’t know why your getting DHenry trade offers in your dynasty league? lol

ask your sister since she is in the league ... she will know why you are receiving trade offers

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

i dont' think I have ever read this much debate about a rb that has basically been a backup rb in the NFl until a week or 2 ago.

tevin coleman owners must feel their thread is neglected :lol:

 

i have no stake in this debate, i'm only trying to figure out what he is worth next season

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

i dont' think I have ever read this much debate about a rb that has basically been a backup rb in the NFl until a week or 2 ago.

tevin coleman owners must feel their thread is neglected :lol:

 

i have no stake in this debate, i'm only trying to figure out what he is worth next season

 

#1 overall pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To do the popular thing around here I'm going to slant the conversation towards my advantage but at least I'm transparent about it. Plus many if not most are playing PPR lg nowadays.

 

So let's take a look at the Gridiron Assassin assertion that Henry will be a top ten RB. Here's my rough list:

 

1.) Bell

2.) DJ

3.) Zeke

4.) Gurley

5.) Kamara

6.) McCoy

7.) Saquon

8.) Gordon

9.)

10.)

 

You get to finish the last 2 from Mixon,McCaffrey,Fournette,Cook, Howard, K.Hunt, Freeman, Ingram, Drake and whatever other rookies that land in great situations. Not so sure Henry is a lock in PPR.

 

I'd put odds @ less than 50/50 since he's not a receiving back by any stretch of the imagination.  Sure injuries occur but barring any epidemic my money would be against it happening.

 

But you go ahead and take him #1 overall DHC :wub:  you holy troller you !

 

Edited by howlin' 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

 

1.) Henry

2.) Not Henry

3.) Not Henry

4.) Not Henry

5.) Not Henry

6.) Not Henry

7.) Not Henry

8.) Not Henry

9.) Not Henry

10.) Bo Scarbrough

 

 

Here's the the top ten according to this thread.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

 

“Split our wide” on a lot of those sets?  I counted maybe 2-3 times all game he was split out wide.  What are you talking about?

 

So, after overcoming the shock of realizing DHC was wrong again, I realized he was.  Henry “split out wide” exactly once all game - late in the fourth quarter.  He did line up in the slot once in the first half and once in the second.

 

This coming from a guy who repeatedly falsely accuses other people of not watching Titans games...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

 

So, after overcoming the shock of realizing DHC was wrong again, I realized he was.  Henry “split out wide” exactly once all game - late in the fourth quarter.  He did line up in the slot once in the first half and once in the second.

 

This coming from a guy who repeatedly falsely accuses other people of not watching Titans games...

Thinking with the wrong head can cause serious problems and lapse of focus.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I went and looked at every post you made between the end of the JAX game and the initial post I quoted. I'll post every single one of them in order.

 

"Not sure if an "i told you so" is appropriate here."

 

"You are not joking, stop fooling yourself."

 

"You cant be serious"

 

"Welcome to the party gentleman.

Henry is better than murray in every facet right now."

 

"If they dont want to get fired they will.

Henrys ypc is smoking murray this year"

 

"Not a problem for me.

You start the best RB.....Henry."

 

"Fify" ("I love how Derrick Henry has been finishing runs his entire football life.")

 

"Whats 15/80/1?

Henrys stats at halftime?"

 

"It is because Henry does not get hurt, he hurts people."

 

"The titans will play henry if they want to win football games.

1st game with Murray the leading rusher - lost

2nd game with Henry leading rusher - won."

 

I ask, where on earth is the context? All i see is bragging almost every post. There is no reference in any way, shape, or form to your claim of you thinking Henry would take over because of a serious injury to Murray. You made this claim yesterday:

 

"That whole conversation took place under the pre-text of Murrays knee being injured badly enough against Jax for him to be out an extended period of time."

 

Yet at no point this year was there any reference or concern AT ALL to Murray's knee being seriously injured nor did a single post of yours even mention Murray being injured. Even in the post I quote you say the context was right there. Point out where? You NEVER mention his injury all you did, like I mentioned, is bragged. You then proceed to claim that he is a top 4 RB ROS.

 

 

Wow, thanks for posting.

 

It is scary how accurate i was and am.

 

You should familiarize yourself with the entire thread. My entire premise was that Henry was a back up behind Murray and that if Murray gets hurt and forced Henry into action he would be a top 5 back. It looked like that was exactly what happened in the Jags game and all my responses there were of the belief Henry was about to take the reigns. Of course he didnt, Murrat vame back and Mularkey continued on his flawed path of playing murray over henry even losing 3 straight to end the season before Henry came in to save mularkeys job.

 

 

 

Thanks for doing that, shows i was spot on.

 

Titans never won a game where Henry hot under 11 touches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Wow, thanks for posting.

 

It is scary how accurate i was and am.

 

You should familiarize yourself with the entire thread. My entire premise was that Henry was a back up behind Murray and that if Murray gets hurt and forced Henry into action he would be a top 5 back. It looked like that was exactly what happened in the Jags game and all my responses there were of the belief Henry was about to take the reigns. Of course he didnt, Murrat vame back and Mularkey continued on his flawed path of playing murray over henry even losing 3 straight to end the season before Henry came in to save mularkeys job.

 

 

 

Thanks for doing that, shows i was spot on.

 

Titans never won a game where Henry hot under 11 touches.

Thanks for summarizing everything i've been saying. You thought something would happen that didn't (were wrong) and then proceeded to blame the coach for 100+ pages because you were wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gohawks said:

Thanks for summarizing everything i've been saying. You thought something would happen that didn't (were wrong) and then proceeded to blame the coach for 100+ pages because you were wrong.

 

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

 

I wasnt wrong about anything.

 

Coaches are dumb, mularkey and robiskie

 

Henry is better than Murray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

To do the popular thing around here I'm going to slant the conversation towards my advantage but at least I'm transparent about it. Plus many if not most are playing PPR lg nowadays.

 

So let's take a look at the Gridiron Assassin assertion that Henry will be a top ten RB. Here's my rough list:

 

1.) Bell

2.) DJ

3.) Zeke

4.) Gurley

5.) Kamara

6.) McCoy

7.) Saquon

8.) Gordon

9.)

10.)

 

You get to finish the last 2 from Mixon,McCaffrey,Fournette,Cook, Howard, K.Hunt, Freeman, Ingram, Drake and whatever other rookies that land in great situations. Not so sure Henry is a lock in PPR.

 

I'd put odds @ less than 50/50 since he's not a receiving back by any stretch of the imagination.  Sure injuries occur but barring any epidemic my money would be against it happening.

 

But you go ahead and take him #1 overall DHC :wub:  you holy troller you !

 

 

Way too early to be putting Saquon in the top 10. All depends where he lands. Its also a little unfair to criticize Henry for his "lack" of receiving skills and not do the same for Howard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Thanks for summarizing everything i've been saying. You thought something would happen that didn't (were wrong) and then proceeded to blame the coach for 100+ pages because you were wrong.

 

Do you think you are pointing out something new? I dont understanf what you are dwelling on.

 

I have plenty of posts calling the coaches idiots before the season started. You think i came up with that after the Jax game?

 

I said all that last year. The reason the Titans missed the playoffs last year is because Demarco Murrays 2nd half of games stats fall off a cliff and this year murrays entire stats fell off a cliff.

 

More 2nd half carries for Henry last year would have got them in the playoffs. 

 

More 2nd half carries this year for Henry got them to the playoffs and he has the 2nd most 4th quarter yards in the NFL.

 

Ive said it since last year that when Henry takes over for Murray he is a top 5 back and the coaches are idiots for not recognizing that sooner.

 

Im sorry if you thought you were breaking earth shattering news or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

 

I wasnt wrong about anything.

 

Coaches are dumb, mularkey and robiskie

 

Henry is better than Murray

"Top 4 as soon aa murray falls apart"

 

Wouln't that make you wrong? You didn't say "if" Murray falls apart but as soon as he falls apart. Which he never did thus you were wrong. Which means you were also wrong about never being wrong. Which makes you wrong again. Huh...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Do you think you are pointing out something new? I dont understanf what you are dwelling on.

 

I have plenty of posts calling the coaches idiots before the season started. You think i came up with that after the Jax game?

 

I said all that last year. The reason the Titans missed the playoffs last year is because Demarco Murrays 2nd half of games stats fall off a cliff and this year murrays entire stats fell off a cliff.

 

More 2nd half carries for Henry last year would have got them in the playoffs. 

 

More 2nd half carries this year for Henry got them to the playoffs and he has the 2nd most 4th quarter yards in the NFL.

 

Ive said it since last year that when Henry takes over for Murray he is a top 5 back and the coaches are idiots for not recognizing that sooner.

 

Im sorry if you thought you were breaking earth shattering news or something.

Ah got it. So you were basically saying "Sometime in the next 10 years Henry will be a top 5 back!" Interesting. Well, i'll tell you what, in that case I cannot guarantee you were wrong. I can guarantee everything you've said in this thread has been useless since no one cares about him in the future minus like 2 people but I cannot guarantee you were wrong. Congrats you win with your bold prediction that when Henry is the starter he will sometime in the future be top 5. What a prediction it is I tell you. 

 

Also, there is a reason the threads are titled with the outlook year. They are meant to focus on that year. That;s how fantasy works for almost everyone. So either you were wrong saying he will be top 5 or you were blowing s--- all year saying he will be top 5 eventually. Which, again, is beyond irrelevant. If you have been in the 2017 outlook thread not talking for 100+ pages about his 2017 outlook then you are beyond full of it.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Evincar said:

 

 Its also a little unfair to criticize Henry for his "lack" of receiving skills and not do the same for Howard.

 

Yeah, but Howard is also a better runner than Henry.  Much better YPC with far more carries.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Ah got it. So you were basically saying "Sometime in the next 10 years Henry will be a top 5 back!" Interesting. Well, i'll tell you what, in that case I cannot guarantee you were wrong. I can guarantee everything you've said in this thread has been useless since no one cares about him in the future minus like 2 people but I cannot guarantee you were wrong. Congrats you win with your bold prediction that when Henry is the starter he will sometime in the future be top 5. What a prediction it is I tell you. 

 

He didn’t just make claims about how good Henry would be if he became a lead back; he insisted that Henry was a desirable flex play all season.  Despite having a downright moronic coaching staff and barely receiving 10 touches a game.  That’s one of the truly craziest things about Cleats’ “entire premise.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

"Top 4 as soon aa murray falls apart"

 

Wouln't that make you wrong? You didn't say "if" Murray falls apart but as soon as he falls apart. Which he never did thus you were wrong. Which means you were also wrong about never being wrong. Which makes you wrong again. Huh...

 

Spin it however you want. I said as soon as murray falls apart. I didnt say when thay would be.

 

Murray fell apart week 16, Henry was a top 4 back week 17 and the best overall back the 1st week of the playoffs.

 

You were wrong by inferring things i never said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.