DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Being in a dynasty, you should definitely look to draft Saquon if available.

Never gonna happen, he'll get scooped up by a bottom feeder that has one or zero keepers. If you don't have three keepers, you get lottery picks in rounds 1-3. 

I'm gonna keep a combo of Kamara, Henry, Drake, JuJu and trade off anything extra that has value to get an extra picks or picks. 

Barkley is gonna be a stud. 

Just now, The Gridiron Assassin said:

D HEN just pumping this in his beats by Dre headphones right now .. 

Careful now - at this rate, Cleats is going to  have words with you about being Henry’s #1 worshipper.

1 hour ago, Big Nate said:

I'm talking 2017. I could careless what he did 4 years ago? This year Murray struggled.  Henry out played him.  This is the 2017 thread and Henry is still going strong while Murray is not.

The joke of a post is yours.  Good luck, you will need it.

Okay :lol:Are we going to keep pointing fingers?  Obviously the point was far over your head, or you just misspoke.  Thinking a little of both.  Why would Murray dream of running like Henry when he's run better than Henry ever has over the course of his career?  It'd be a miracle if Henry ever won the league rushing title. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Careful now - at this rate, Cleats is going to  have words with you about being Henry’s #1 worshipper.

Well I took Kamara in the 15th round this year, hoping this bares similar fruit of the late bloomer variety. 

It's like I bought a bunch of Derrick Henry leaps and those bitches are about to all pay off!! 

TNT !! 

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe believes there's a "decent chance" DeMarco Murray has played his final snap in a Titans uniform.

Already ruled out for the Divisional Round, Murray, who has a torn MCL, would be a long-shot for the AFC Championship Game even if the Titans sprang a seismic upset on Saturday night. One month shy of his 30th birthday, Murray slumped to a career-worst 3.58 yards per carry as he played injured in 2017. 23-year-old sophomore Derrick Henry has looked more than capable of taking over the Titans' workhorse role. If Murray is cut, his entire $6.5 million salary would come off the books, leaving behind no dead money.
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

#1 overall pick

right now i have him pegged at 3rd-4th rd in ppr rd assuming he is a solo rb. the offense is just not that dynamic and they don't throw the ball enough 

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

right now i have him pegged at 3rd-4th rd in ppr rd assuming he is a solo rb. the offense is just not that dynamic and they don't throw the ball enough 

If Cameron Wolfes reports are true Henry will be a 2nd rounder if not higher.

You may value him as a 3rd-4th rounder but his adp near draft time last year was close to 5th round.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe believes there's a "decent chance" DeMarco Murray has played his final snap in a Titans uniform.

Already ruled out for the Divisional Round, Murray, who has a torn MCL, would be a long-shot for the AFC Championship Game even if the Titans sprang a seismic upset on Saturday night. One month shy of his 30th birthday, Murray slumped to a career-worst 3.58 yards per carry as he played injured in 2017. 23-year-old sophomore Derrick Henry has looked more than capable of taking over the Titans' workhorse role. If Murray is cut, his entire $6.5 million salary would come off the books, leaving behind no dead money.

People still imagine Murray to be the same guy that had a monster year behind the Cowboys O line.  They forget he flopped in Philadelphia the next year.  He was productive last year, and flopped his year.

Murray may bounce back next year, because that’s the pattern.  But the pattern also says Murray is in significant decline, and can no longer handle the RB1 volume role.  He could be effective as a passing down back, but there is no way Murray is staying with the Titans for 6 million.  If he does stay it’s going after a huge pay cut, and second fiddle to Henry.

I won’t be taking Henry in the 1st round next year.  I’d consider him in the late 2nd (PPR) but in 3rd I might target him. So far he looks good, but he’s outside of my top 10 in RBs.  I’m not a believer in the Titans coach, if they fire him I’ll reevaluate. 

Edited by seanismorris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

If Mularkey and Murray are back next season, are you willing to go on record right now saying that he will be no better than a matchup-dependent low-end flex play?  If not, why not?

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If Murray does stay (by some miracle) Henry is a 5th or 6th rounder...

4 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

If Murray does stay (by some miracle) Henry is a 5th or 6th rounder...

So apparently Cleats had enough time to post some speculation from a beat writer but not enough time to answer my question.

Figures.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, BMcP said:

So apparently Cleats had enough time to post some speculation from a beat writer but not enough time to answer my question.

Figures.

Its what ive said since page 1, mate.

Until Mularkey pulls his head out of his tail and starts Henrynthen he is an idiot.

IF the titans were dumb enough to bring back Murray then yeah, i believe Mularkey is dumb enough to play him over Henry.

Follow along here, i have 2 themes in this thread.

1. Henry is a better all around RB than Murray.

2. Mularkey, Robiskie, and their front office are idiots if they cant see that not playing Henry more in the 2nd half of games last year cost them a playoff spot and and almost cost them one this year. Its why Mularkeys job was in question before Henry saved it.

I argued all the 2nd half stats with ffcollusion much earlier in this thread, stuff im sure you missed.

Lol@ this guy lying again about me and dismissing a beat writer report that there is a good chance Murray is not back and that Henry can carry the load. Completely blowing his narrative out of the water.

Lol@ this guys reaction if the same Cameron Wolfe would have reported Murray likely to be back with the Titans in 2018.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Until Mularkey pulls his head out of his tail and starts Henrynthen he is an idiot.

IF the titans were dumb enough to bring back Murray then yeah, i believe Mularkey is dumb enough to play him over Henry.

2. Mularkey, Robiskie, and their front office are idiots if they cant see that not playing Henry more in the 2nd half of games last year cost them a playoff spot and and almost cost them one this year. Its why Mularkeys job was in question before Henry saved it.

I argued all the 2nd half stats with ffcollusion much earlier in this thread, stuff im sure you missed.

Lol@ this guy lying again about me and dismissing a beat writer report that there is a good chance Murray is not back and that Henry can carry the load. Completely blowing his narrative out of the water.

Lol@ this guys reaction if the same Cameron Wolfe would have reported Murray likely to be back with the Titans in 2018.

Wow, that’s a ton of irrelevant crap.  Want to actually, you know, answer the question finally?

NASHVILLE, TENN. 

Derrick Henry isn't a big or brash talker. That's what made the 2015 Heisman Trophy winner calling his performance "kind of soft" in Tennessee's regular-season finale stand out.

The massive running back sure made up for that with an NFL postseason debut for the record books.

Getting Henry to acknowledge any change in his own confidence or being pleased after a big game is as tough as tackling him in the open field.

"I'm just trying to play better every week," Henry said . "I'm going to get another chance to play — it's a great team in a good environment — so just making sure I'm doing all the right things this week."

Henry rebounded from a game in which he ran for 51 yards by setting a franchise playoff record with 191 yards from scrimmage, helping the Titans rally for a 22-21 victory over Kansas City in the wild-card round. He topped the previous mark set by Billy Cannon in January 1961 with the best performance by a running back in the playoffs in at least a decade.

Now it's up to Bill Belichick and the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots (13-3) to slow down Henry on Saturday night in their AFC divisional game. Belichick says everyone on defense has to do his job.

Henry has got a ton of skill, and he's got power, good vision," Belichick said. "He can certainly run inside and break tackles, he's a tough runner, he can get tough runs. But, he's very athletic in the open field. He's fast, he can cut back, he can get to space. He's broken off a lot of long runs, running plays, screens."

Against Jacksonville on Dec. 31, Henry made up for a rough day running by taking a screen 66 yards for a touchdown . But his first three carries went backward, including a 12-yard loss that came dangerously close to a safety.

"He saw some of the things that he missed by trying to bounce some things," Titans coach Mike Mularkey said. "He's had a lot of success bouncing some runs, but at some point you've got to hit some of these holes that are there, and they're not big all the time. I think he saw that, and obviously he's a quick, fast learner."

The second-year running back out of Alabama bounced back with a career-high 156 yards, just shy of Eddie George's franchise-record 162 in a postseason game.

Henry also had 85 yards in the fourth quarter, including a 35-yard touchdown , for the NFL's third-best rushing performance in the fourth quarter of a playoff game since the 1991 season. Only LeGarrette Blount (114 yards for the Patriots vs. the Colts on Jan. 11, 2014) and Derek Loville (97 yards for the Broncos against the Jaguars on Dec. 27, 1997) have been better in that span.

Finishing is what the 6-foot-3, 247-pound Henry does best. Only the Chiefs' Kareem Hunt had more yards rushing (474) in the NFL in the fourth quarter this season than Henry (390), who averaged a league-best 6.09 yards per carry over the final 15 minutes.

Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia says Henry is powerful with a dangerous stiff-arm.

"If it's a one-on-one tackling situation, it's extremely difficult to get him down in that instance," Patricia said.

Henry teamed with quarterback Marcus Mariota to pile up a franchise-record 202 yards rushing for a postseason game. The Patriots ranked 31st, allowing 4.7 yards per rushing play.

DeMarco Murray already has been declared out for a third straight game for Tennessee, leaving the backfield to Henry.

"It's my job trying to help this team win games," Henry said. "It's always fun when you're playing football."

I'm very excited to see what Henry can do this week. He is going to be required to produce if TEN has any chance, so let's see it. I think he can - not sure if he will.

8 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I'm very excited to see what Henry can do this week. He is going to be required to produce if TEN has any chance, so let's see it. I think he can - not sure if he will.

TITANS AT A GLANCE

Key player: As well as quarterback Marcus Mariota has to play, the impetus to a Tennessee upset is actually running back Derrick Henry. The former Heisman winner and second-year man has been marvelous filling in for DeMarco Murray. In two games as a starter, Henry has amassed 308 total yards and two scores, including two back-breaking plays versus Jacksonville, to seal a playoff bid, and again last week versus Kansas City, to seal a playoff win.

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

TITANS AT A GLANCE

Key player: As well as quarterback Marcus Mariota has to play, the impetus to a Tennessee upset is actually running back Derrick Henry. The former Heisman winner and second-year man has been marvelous filling in for DeMarco Murray. In two games as a starter, Henry has amassed 308 total yards and two scores, including two back-breaking plays versus Jacksonville, to seal a playoff bid, and again last week versus Kansas City, to seal a playoff win.

Mariota is going to be the key, and that is the problem imo. 

He needs to do what he can to stretch out the Pat D. That would require traits he has not often shown this year, such as accuracy on the run, pocket awareness and the willingness to throw the ball away. EDIT - even more importantly, know when to tuck it and run. He needs to run efficiently.

He's shown that he can do these things on occasion but he really needs to summon it somehow Saturday or else we're going to see a few more -5 yard carries for Henry.

To throw you a bone - if Mariota plays the way he's capable it give Henry an actual chance to play the way he's capable. He could steamroll this D I truly believe. But Mariota has to be somewhat of a threat.

Edited by SuperJoint

3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Mariota is going to be the key, and that is the problem imo. 

He needs to do what he can to stretch out the Pat D. That would require traits he has not often shown this year, such as accuracy on the run, pocket awareness and the willingness to throw the ball away. 

He's shown that he can do these things on occasion but he really needs to summon it somehow Saturday or else we're going to see a few more -5 yard carries for Henry.

To throw you a bone - if Mariota plays the way he's capable it give Henry an actual chance to play the way he's capable. He could steamroll this D I truly believe. But Mariota has to be somewhat of a threat.

I don't think he necessarily need to stretch the field, they just need to keep the chains moving and keep Brady off the field.  Those runs by Mariota killed the the Chiefs last week. Kept them on the field and you run Henry into a tired defense thats asking for trouble. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

I don't think he necessarily need to stretch the field... 

Just to clarify I said (and mean) stretch the D horizontally - keep them from stacking the box. Henry needs room to get going.

Edited by SuperJoint

13 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I don’t know what’s so difficult about answering a simple question: you claimed he was a matchup-dependent low-end flex (though honestly I can’t recall a single week when you weren’t in this thread urging people to start him) this season, where would you set his weekly fantasy value for 2018 provided Murray is on the roster?

I honestly have no idea where you’re going with this Cameron Wolfe thing.  He said there was a “decent” chance the team moves from on Murray next year.  That’s his speculation, not a report from discussions with team sources.  In fact, no one associated with the FO, the coaching staff, or ownership has even made any comment to this effect, as far as I can tell.

In any event, though you probably missed it, I was just discussing this very possibility a few pages back.  Alleging that I haven’t even considered that as a possibility is yet another unfounded and unfair accusation.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:31 PM, BMcP said:

Thank God that oban14 dude showed up.

cant wait for nothing at all to change next year!  Go DeMarco!

On 1/6/2018 at 11:45 PM, BMcP said:

Gotta love Coach Mularkey - he and Murray will remain together for a long time to come!

On 1/6/2018 at 11:49 PM, devaster said:

Looks like we also have DeMarcoMurraysCleats in this thread blindly supporting Murray.