DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

I just don't understand his ADP. Many have him as the #34 rb. I am much higher on him than most published FF rankings. Which is great for me. 

16 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I just don't understand his ADP. Many have him as the #34 rb. I am much higher on him than most published FF rankings. Which is great for me. 

The low(er) ADP is a question of opportunity, not skill, and with DMurray in front of Henry his opportunities will be reduced similar to---though most likely more than--- last season. Watch clips of DMurray last season and you'll better understand the depressed ADP. 

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

How did the beast look tonight? I didnt get to see the game.

Don't play coy now---we all know you've already watched DHenry's highlights like five times.

There's been constant talk all offseason of getting Henry more involved than last year. A more defined role.

1a/1b type of situation. 

I'm buying.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

How did the beast look tonight? I didnt get to see the game.

It took him a while to get going - which is a best scary after last week. I believe he started off 6 carries, 0 yards, but then ended up with a couple nice runs, grabs, and TDs.

He final line was something like 16 carries for 36 yards and a few catches, but he looked better than that line suggests after the slow start. Also, the entire offense revolved around him - which is about all one can ask for. 

Did we watch the same game?

One nice run of 17 yards for a TD.

The other 15? 19 yards.

Meanwhile, 3rd string RB David Fluellen comes in, and carries it 9 times for 73 yards.

I like Henry for a lot of reasons, but that game we just watched, is not one of them.

Edited by FFCollusion

We did watch the same game.

Love his value this year.

Just now, FFCollusion said:

The other 15? 19 yards.

Meanwhile, 3rd string RB David Fluellen comes in, and carries it 9 times for 73 yards.

I like Henry for a lot of reasons, but none of them are from the game we just watched.

There were at least 2 plays, I think both toss plays that got absolutely blown up about 5 yards behind the line. One of them Henry should have lost like 8 yards but made the first guy missed and ran out of bounds for a loss of 5.

3 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

There's been constant talk all offseason of getting Henry more involved than last year. A more defined role.

1a/1b type of situation. 

I'm buying.

Last year's touches, DMurray to DHenry: 346 to 123. 

Almost 3x as much. Seems like the world is willing Henry to get more touches, and I believe it'll happen too, but I don't see an even split or a 60-40. Roughly, last year was a 73-27 split. I think a 65-35 is hopeful yet realistic, assuming DMurray continues to dodge LBs and steamroll over DBs. That 35% is not enough to make DHenry a reliable weekly starter. As a dynasty owner, I see Henry as a "hold," and I don't see weekly fantasy relevance until DMurray falters (e.g. injury). 

I'm guilty of drafting on upside potential once I get to the 6th or 7th round. 

I would rather have a guy like Henry over middling weekly production guys like Rishard Matthews, Jeremy Maclin, or a rb like Matt Forte. 

Murray/Henry is my favorite RB tandem in bestball formats. Right up there with Freeman/Coleman.

2 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I would rather have a guy like Henry over middling weekly production guys like Rishard Matthews, Jeremy Maclin, or a rb like Matt Forte. 

matthews is going in the 11th, Maclin 8th, and forte 10th according to ffc. No knock on Henry just those comparisons are a bit off. Powell, Perkins, Snead, Eifert and Diggs are going around Henry. 

is he a solid weekly flex option in 12 team ppr leagues that start 6 wr+rbs if demarco is healthy and something along the line of a 65/35 split?

or are you drafting henry for the rb1 upside if demarco gets banged up?

10 minutes ago, Tenner said:

So you rather draft a backup over one of the top slot receivers in a guaranteed role?

6 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

matthews is going in the 11th, Maclin 8th, and forte 10th according to ffc. No knock on Henry just those comparisons are a bit off. Powell, Perkins, Snead, Eifert and Diggs are going around Henry. 

Not in the ESPN League I JUST drafted in.

He was behind Maclin, Diggs, Eifert, Perkins, Snead, Powell, Forte... and close to Matthews I believe.

6 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Not in the ESPN League I JUST drafted in.

He was behind Maclin, Diggs, Eifert, Perkins, Snead, Powell, Forte... and close to Matthews I believe.

I mean yeah every draft will be different, I was just going off consensus ADPs. Fantasypros ADP consensus (not rankings) has Henry at 87th with Maclin at 100, Forte at 105 and Matthews at 116. Diggs, Eifert, Powell and Perkins are going ahead of him on there so fair enough. If Henry is there that late it's a great pick. Just don't think he's worth it at say the beginning of the 6th round (for example I'd much rather have Diggs at that spot

Edited by vthokie3

Just now, vthokie3 said:

I mean yeah every draft will be different, I was just going off consensus ADPs. Fantasypros ADP consensus (not rankings) has Henry at 87th with Maclin at 100, Forte at 105 and Matthews at 116. Diggs, Eifert, Powell and Perkins are going ahead of him on there so fair enough. If Henry is there that late it's a great pick. Just don't think he's worth it at say the beginning of the 6th round 

6th might be a little too high... but I was going off of ESPN Rankings which allowed me to snag him in the 10th.

7 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

is he a solid weekly flex option in 12 team ppr leagues that start 6 wr+rbs if demarco is healthy and something along the line of a 65/35 split?

Based on last year's performance, the several games where DHenry hit ten touches (close to the 65/35), no: even in PPR, these 10-touch games are single-digit results. Without a TD, DHenry is not a reliable flex. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a TD vulture, fresh legs for when DMurray gets them to the goal line. But that's a wait-and-see scenario, not a draft-and-hope.

39 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

The other 15? 19 yards.

I like Henry for a lot of reasons, but that game we just watched, is not one of them.

This guy and his numbers. No mention on henrys 2nd td?

This fluellen kid score a TD or play against a 1st string defense? 

30 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Last year's touches, DMurray to DHenry: 346 to 123. 

Almost 3x as much. Seems like the world is willing Henry to get more touches, and I believe it'll happen too, but I don't see an even split or a 60-40. Roughly, last year was a 73-27 split. I think a 65-35 is hopeful yet realistic, assuming DMurray continues to dodge LBs and steamroll over DBs. That 35% is not enough to make DHenry a reliable weekly starter. As a dynasty owner, I see Henry as a "hold," and I don't see weekly fantasy relevance until DMurray falters (e.g. injury). 

You see Henry as a hold in dynasty?

What an astute observation captain obvious.

Demarco already has tender hammy and hasnt even played a game yet.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

This guy and his numbers. No mention on henrys 2nd td?

This fluellen kid score a TD or play against a 1st string defense? 

yeah he did score a td 

30 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Lol. You gonna regret including Maclin in that category