DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

2 minutes ago, mpaynejr said:

You said Murray wore down the defense.  Make a cohesive point

Murray got all the work when it counted. Henry looked completely pedestrian before the 4th quarter. Most people who actually watched the game would agree.

1 minute ago, Flyers_28 said:

one score game = garbage time lol 

Tell that to Deshaun Watson haters

58 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

take away that 72 TD yard run ... Henry line as 18 carries for 59 yards 3.3yds per carry

I don't see many 6 and 7 yard runs in that line....

the last drive for the Titans Henry touched the ball all 5 times-- gained 87 yds

take away that drive Henry line then was 14 carries for 44 yds .... and average of 3.1yds per carry

Obviously you did not watch the game, thats fine and your perrogative but i will not engagr in a back and forth conversation with an obvious box score voyeur.

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

Murray got all the work when it counted. Henry looked completely pedestrian before the 4th quarter. Most people who actually watched the game would agree.

Tell that to Deshaun Watson haters

We’ll just have to disagree on this one.  They were mixing in the entire game with Henry ahead in carries for most of it.  How are you assessing whether Demarco’s carries wore the defense out more than Henry’s?  

Just now, mpaynejr said:

We’ll just have to disagree on this one.  They were mixing in the entire game with Henry ahead in carries for most of it.  How are you assessing whether Demarco’s carries wore the defense out more than Henry’s?  

Because he actually got first downs instead of running into his own linemen

55 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

Weeks ago when Demarco had the hammy injury and everyone thought he was gonna miss a game and Henry would get the nod, @DerrickHenrysCleats advised that the only RB he'd trade Henry for was Le'veon, and he'd be hesitant to even take that trade. Not surprising this thread is dead for weeks then he emerges out of the woodwork after 1 good game that obviously got inflated by the end of the game run (not that he didn't look pretty good otherwise). 

Care to post where i said that?

If you are going to try and throw shade at least be accurate.

5 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

one score game = garbage time lol 

You can tell who the trolls are based off of their weird comments and logic of thinking the game was garbage time last night. Either they were drunk during the game or just didn't watch it. Or both.

Just now, burninglegs said:

You can tell who the trolls are based off of their weird comments and logic of thinking the game was garbage time last night. Either they were drunk during the game or just didn't watch it. Or both.

You can tell who props up their late round RBs as saviors of their team because all their early WR picks are busts of the year 

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

and comparing RB skill to how many buttons youd use on madden... lol

Just now, lolcopter said:

You can tell who props up their late round RBs as saviors of their team because all their early WR picks are busts of the year 

Sorry you missed out on KingHenry

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Sorry you missed out on KingHenry

I actually own starting RBs, it’s all good. Maybe next year

(not Murray fwiw)

Edited by lolcopter

I just don’t understand why most of you are in here.  Go grandstand somewhere else, you aren’t interested in hearing any other perspective other than your own.

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

You are being lame, man.

Henry was definitely utilized at a critical point in the game and turned a clock burn into a TD. 

Any play of the last six plays could have altered the outcome of the game dramatically. 

I get that Cleats isn't super reflective when it comes to criticism, it is well documented, but you aren't even being real right now

How delusional can you be to not think that is garbage time? 

Let's say Henry gets stuffed. By the time the clcok starts running it would be around 53 seconds. The punt goes off with around 13 seconds. By the time the faircatch is called it is around 7 seconds probably near the 30 yard line.

So if Henry does not make a run the Colts would have the ball at their own 30 would 7 seconds left. Damn, this dude put the team on his back. Yes, it is not garbage time in a sense that the game was 100% won. However, for all intents anre purposes it was over. 

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

How delusional can you be to not think that is garbage time? 

Let's say Henry gets stuffed. By the time the clcok starts running it would be around 53 seconds. The punt goes off with around 13 seconds. By the time the faircatch is called it is around 7 seconds probably near the 30 yard line.

So if Henry does not make a run the Colts would have the ball at their own 30 would 7 seconds left. Damn, this dude put the team on his back. Yes, it is not garbage time in a sense that the game was 100% won. However, for all intents anre purposes it was over. 

Because it was still a one score game. A bad snap. A fumble by Mariota. A fumble by Henry and the Colts are right back in the game. A one score game (7 points) is not garbage time. Does it really need to be spelled out to you what garbage time is?

The reality is this game does not make Henry a confident start going forward. In fact, I wouldn't even flex him over someone like Amendola. The hype around the man has been extremely fascinating and it seems people either think he is the GOAT or a plodder. While I don't see him as trash, he simply hasn't shown that he is good either. I have nothing against him but this forum has a tendency to overhype players that just aren't very good.

Just now, burninglegs said:

Because it was still a one score game. A bad snap. A fumble by Mariota. A fumble by Henry and the Colts are right back in the game. A one score game (7 points) is not garbage time. Does it really need to be spelled out to you what garbage time is?

How often do you see those things happen? They happen such a few percentage of times that when they do everyone points and laughs for the rest of the season.

Down 21 with 2 minutes left is not garbage time. All you need is a touchdown, onside kick, touchdown, onside kick, and touchdown. See how that works? Garbage time is based on probabilty. As far as i'm concerned, if the probabilty of winning is 99.9% it's garbage time. If you ran that game scenario a thousand times the colts would maybe win once.

Just now, Gohawks said:

How often do you see those things happen? They happen such a few percentage of times that when they do everyone points and laughs for the rest of the season.

Down 21 with 2 minutes left is not garbage time. All you need is a touchdown, onside kick, touchdown, onside kick, and touchdown. See how that works? Garbage time is based on probabilty. As far as i'm concerned, if the probabilty of winning is 99.9% it's garbage time. If you ran that game scenario a thousand times the colts would maybe win once.

It is clear that you don't understand what garbage time means. 

6 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

You are being lame, man.

Henry was definitely utilized at a critical point in the game and turned a clock burn into a TD. 

Any play of the last six plays could have altered the outcome of the game dramatically. 

I get that Cleats isn't super reflective when it comes to criticism, it is well documented, but you aren't even being real right now

are-you-not-entertained.jpg

5 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

and comparing RB skill to how many buttons youd use on madden... lol

Not so much buttons anymore, were using joysticks more thab anything tbh.

Anyways, Murray was looking great at some points than he looked like he was going to fall apart at any given time, you could tell he was in a lot of pain and it definitely affected him. Something to keep in mind cause he still looks like hes going to miss time at some point. As the gane went on i think he wore down himself. 

Henry looked terrible in the beginning of the game, the goaline where he got tackled by cb was disgusting. Awful performance the first 3 qtrs that i gave up watching the 4th, i cant speak about what happened in the last qtr but 3 and 5, Indy needs to make a stop and KNEW it was going to henry, and not only did he get the 1st down to seal the deal but he put a dagger into the hearts of Indy fans with that 72 yd Run to the house. I think that was a message to the coaching staff that he wants the ball.

but im looking to sell him this week and im sure hes going to have a great second half if ghe season once i do so, or may not

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

It is clear that you don't understand what garbage time means. 

Garbage time is when the game is decided. I do not see how a game has to be a blowout for it to be garbage time. If the score is 21-20 and a team is taking a knee for all intents and purposes it is garbage time. Can you fumble? Yes. You can also come back from 45-10. 

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Garbage time is when the game is decided. I do not see how a game has to be a blowout for it to be garbage time. If the score is 21-20 and a team is taking a knee for all intents and purposes it is garbage time. Can you fumble? Yes. You can also come back from 45-10. 

the game was not decided what if indy ran back the punt for a td? i watched d jax do it a few years ago 

Just now, Gohawks said:

Except that's the exact definition of what garbage time means! You don't just get to make up your own definition for a term that is already well established in sports.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_time

This is my favorite thread on this board. Only here do we start getting into the true definition of Garbage Time. Just absolutely incredibly.