DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

49 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Derrick Henry’s 8-yard gain for a first down at the 2:00 warning gave the Titans the ability to run out most of the clock. However, Henry would spring free up the left sideline for a 72-yard weaving romp through the Colts defense to seal away the win.

Henry finished with 131 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries for the Titans. DeMarco Murray had 12 carries for 40 yards and a touchdown as well.

Okaaaayyyy..   If you feel comfortable starting Henry as your RB1 from now on based on that last run, more power to you.  I sure as hell am not going to start someone as my RB1 who was only 18 for 59 yards, hoping for a miracle 72 yard TD on his last carry.

I like how the Henry thread triggers non-believers so much, they constantly come in here to try and rain on it's parade.

I rarely go into a players thread unless I own them or want to try and get them on my team. I never understood what compels people to go into threads of players they don't own, just to talk down on the player and owner. Yikes 

Things we've learned in this thread:
Henry is the superior talent.

TEN Coaching will not do what's best and feed the beast.

DerrickHenrysCleats just doesn't want to re-register a new username, and will pimp him while Henry is on his bench.

4 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Does anyone think Henry is worth a keeper selection for next season?

Yes.  I do believe Henry will be the number 1 RB for the Titans next year. 

2 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

I like how the Henry thread triggers non-believers so much, they constantly come in here to try and rain on it's parade.

I rarely go into a players thread unless I own them or want to try and get them on my team. I never understood what compels people to go into threads of players they don't own, just to talk down on the player and owner. Yikes 

What?  Most of the people here own Henry, and want him to succeed.  But there are certain realities we have to deal with.  Again, with Murray active, Henry is simply a low RB2 or High RB3.  It's that simple.  No hyping up or dissecting Henry' stats will change this fact.

5 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

You just illustrated he single biggest problem on this forum.

Player threads are full of owners making them so bias it's borderline nonsense at times. Why do I have to own a player to talk about them? I can talk about anyone I want. The point of the forum is to get info to use not circle jerk.

7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Player threads are full of owners making them so bias it's borderline nonsense at times. Why do I have to own a player to talk about them? I can talk about anyone I want. The point of the forum is to get info to use not circle jerk.

I think it's a huge problem. I just choose to ignore obvious crap posts and move on.

No one said you couldn't talk about who you want. I just find it hilarious. You're going around policing hype trains like it's actually going to change anything. You're wasting your time. Once again, yikes. 

Edited by yahyahtrick

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I wouldnt have sold 2 pretty good players to you in tge preseason if i was planning on being super competitive. You should thank me for allowing you to be something other than last place, like you were last year.

Good thing you aren't trying to be competitive.  LOL.   

This thread is about Henry, not me.  

But for the record  I took this team over last preseason:

8TbihI2.png

and traded my way to:

xDRmzyY.png

So thanks again for Julio, he's my WR3.  I'm not sure if I would have traded Henry to you if I knew you were just going to bench him all the time. 

laugh.gif

16 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Sheriff Gohawks, head of the homer and hype train patrol unit.

God bless you for the work you do.

Edited by Iron-cock

2 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

This is my favorite thread on this board. Only here do we start getting into the true definition of Garbage Time. Just absolutely incredibly. 

My favorite also

2 hours ago, burninglegs said:

b2a2dbb5edb7905a6581b2201f1e1a88.jpg

been there done that

2 hours ago, FlyingElvis said:

Aren't all terms made up? That's kinda the nature of spoken language in the modern age. 

More importantly...

Last night's run comparison. Each number is an individual run's yardage.

Derrick Henry (19 Rushes for 131 Yards; 6.9 YPC; 61.3% of Rushes)

1st Quarter: 3, -2, 4, 1

- 1.5 YPC

- 44.4% of Rushes

2nd Quarter: 1, 7, 8, 0

- 4.0 YPC

- 100% of Rushes

3rd Quarter: 0, 5, 6, 2

- 3.25 YPC

- 57.1% of Rushes

4th Quarter: 1, 2, 8, 1, 4, 72 (TD)

- 14.7 YPC

- 60% of Rushes

DeMarco Murray (12 Rushes for 40 Yards; 3.3 YPC; 38.7% of Rushes)

1st Quarter: 3, 4, 5, 0, 3

- 3.0 YPC

- 55.6% of Rushes

2nd Quarter: [No Carries]

3rd Quarter: 4, 0, 7

- 3.7 YPC

- 42.9% of Rushes

4th Quarter: 5, 4, 2, 3 (TD)

- 3.5 YPC

- 40% of Rushes

If you remove Henry's 72-yarder, his game average is 3.1 YPC, close enough to Murray's 3.3 YPC for me. That's 6 yards of difference over the 30 combined rushes (which excludes the 72-yarder). Derrick Henry out-carried and out-gained Murray in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. 

Aside from the passing game (in which Henry had a higher YPC), what part of last night's game proves that Murray was far and away better than Henry?

I really can't speak for anybody else ...but noway do I believe Murray was better than Henry last night.

just look at the season stats--- there is no difference between both runners. The problem in this thread I have to assume is the Henry hype train players think Henry is the STUD who is getting shafted by the Titans coaches. The Murray players are trying to make these hypers understand both players are equal. They just can't understand because they already boarded the Henry hype train...

Henry season stats 62 carries 318 yds 2 TD's--- 2 catches 24 yds

Murray 68 carries 313 yds 2 TD's ---14 catches 86 yds

7 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

I think it's a huge problem. I just choose to ignore obvious crap posts and move on.

No one said you couldn't talk about who you want. I just find it hilarious. You're going around policing hype trains like it's actually going to change anything. You're wasting your time. Once again, yikes. 

The reason I try and put reason into threads that are full ahead hype trains is so the people on them can calm down and actually think about the player logically and so new posters don't go ahead trading players like Jordan Howard for Henry. Cohen is another example where it just made little sense to have things get so out of hand. 

When I was a new poster I'd read everything. I had no idea who is credible or not. It made me want to draft Jeremy Hill after I hated him. There's only so much people here that actually do all the research themselves and then form an opinion. Well over half the people that read posts here are guests and I'm sure a lot of them take most of the stuff and just accept it. Like, you know, claiming Henry is going to be a top 5 RB.

This forum is by far the best tool out there and it's not even close. It's the only thing I'll use combined with my own research. That being said, you have to be careful once September rolls around because people become desperate and hype up players illogically. That or they throw players under the bus after just one bad week.

9 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Good thing you aren't trying to be competitive.  LOL.   

This thread is about Henry, not me.  

But for the record  I took this team over last preseason:

8TbihI2.png

and traded my way to:

xDRmzyY.png

So thanks again for Julio, he's my WR3.  I'm not sure if I would have traded Henry to you if I knew you were just going to bench him all the time. 

laugh.gif

Unfortunately i cant control the other guys you take advantage of in our league but you didnt get the better end of our deal, especially since i know how to draft.

You basically dont have a relevant draft pick until 2020, you took advantage of people who were selling out for draft picks.

Id post the atrocious team i started with but nobody cares, just like nobody cares about your team either.

43 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Henry has a pedestrian stat line without that last run. Murray out performed Henry. 

Unfortunately, I think Henry could have had the better game if the play calling was better. Sort of mess to be in there in Tennessee. 

Murray had a pretty pedestrian stat line without his last run as well. If you take away both of their last runs (both TDs), Murray finishes with 11 rushes for 37 yards and 4 catches for 47 yards, while Henry would have had 18 rushes for 51 yards and 1 catch for 14 yards.

If I'm not mistaken, in standard scoring, that would be Murray with 8.4 points and Henry with 6.5 points. In PPR, Murray gets the advantage because he's their passing-down back, but Henry can catch when given the opportunity. 

Hyperbole and hype aside Murray really does not look healthy and I think we can expect flex numbers from Henry in good matchups going forward. We'll see this Sunday with Cleveland 

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

mwT9NXe.png

jJp5VjT.png

J3CPIk5.png

Facepalm.gif

LOL ...Derrick Henry benching Derrick Henry

It makes me laugh how Murray had a long td run that saved his day weeks ago and now Henry had the same thing last night and each time you have posters downplaying it. It's all part of the game 

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Unfortunately i cant control the other guys you take advantage of in our league but you didnt get the better end of our deal, especially since i know how to draft.

You basically dont have a relevant draft pick until 2020, you took advantage of people who were selling out for draft picks.

Id post the atrocious team i started with but nobody cares, just like nobody cares about your team either.

I will never play in leagues ever again that allow future draft pick trading. Also add in keeper leagues ....

I have seen some shady stuff what owners will do and it is sickening.

7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The reason I try and put reason into threads that are full ahead hype trains is so the people on them can calm down and actually think about the player logically and so new posters don't go ahead trading players like Jordan Howard for Henry. Cohen is another example where it just made little sense to have things get so out of hand. 

When I was a new poster I'd read everything. I had no idea who is credible or not. It made me want to draft Jeremy Hill after I hated him. There's only so much people here that actually do all the research themselves and then form an opinion. Well over half the people that read posts here are guests and I'm sure a lot of them take most of the stuff and just accept it. Like, you know, claiming Henry is going to be a top 5 RB.

This forum is by far the best tool out there and it's not even close. It's the only thing I'll use combined with my own research. That being said, you have to be careful once September rolls around because people become desperate and hype up players illogically. That or they throw players under the bus after just one bad week.

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much agree with your whole premise.

Perhaps I'm more pragmatic than you on the matter. You can't protect readers from misinformation on a free message board. Like you said, I was a newbie once, and fell for unreasonable expectations or made the same mistakes as you mentioned (and still happens once in a while tbh). It's not surprising, as speculation is such a large part of FF. But I, like you, learned to weed out the noise. Not only that, but it was a conscious decision to try, and it took time and effort. It made me a better FF player. 

RW is a valuable resource indeed, but only if you know how to use it correctly. It's user error if you take someone's advice without doing any research and it goes poorly. This applies to most other areas like stocks or other forms of gambling, and I think the same goes for FF. 

21 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Hyperbole and hype aside Murray really does not look healthy and I think we can expect flex numbers from Henry in good matchups going forward. We'll see this Sunday with Cleveland 

This is a good post. Lost in all of the back and forth about whether Henry deserves credit for his 72 yard TD is the fact that Murray was noticeably hampered by his hamstring and is gutting it out. 

He performed pretty admirably, all things considered, but if the Titans have postseason aspirations they're either going to need to give Murray a chance get fully healthy or they're going to have to lean on Henry. 

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Take some enjoyment wherever you can get it.

Titans coaches are idiots and cant be trusted.

Collins has had carries of 9,12,15 the last 3 weeks, steadily rising, so not a bad start in my opinion.

If i knew henry woumd get double digit touches i would start him the the coaches have been unpredictable.

How can you call titans coaches idiots for not starting Henry on a NFL team when you can’t start him in your free fantasy football league??  Isn’t a free fantasy league the kind of league in which you play your favorite players regardless of anything? You thought Collins was a better play than your “king Henry”  Thats fine, but shut your mouth about him if you can’t even have the balls to start him in a free league 

22 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

It makes me laugh how Murray had a long td run that saved his day weeks ago and now Henry had the same thing last night and each time you have posters downplaying it. It's all part of the game 

Another great post. That long TD run by Murray led to a bunch of "welp, he's still in total control of this backfield." 

Now Henry gets a chance to close out the game and breaks a long one and it's "garbage time" and should be more or less ignored in terms of what it means for their roles moving forward. 

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

Maybe this reply can help gauge trade value for Henry.  :)

(This is a 1 pt PPR, 14 team, two flex dynasty league for context).

I like Derrick Henry, that is why I drafted him last year. 

Yes I traded you Derrick Henry a 2018 1st and 2nd for Julio Jones and Ajayi during the preseason.  Then I flipped Ajayi and some other stuff for Antonio Brown.   I like having Julio and Antonio Brown in a full point PPR league, but most people would.  

I'd say it's working out very well for me judging by the standings.  Enjoy those late 1st and 2nd round picks.

Hold up...

Is that dude making fun of you for acquiring Julio and Ajayi from him, then dealing Ajayi for AB?

So you gave Henry, a 1st and a 2nd (and some other parts) for 2 top 3 WRs? In a PPR league? (I'm assuming this is what, dynasty? keeper?). That is hilarious. Some people just have no clue.

I've drafted and held Henry for the last 2 years. I'd trade his a** in half a second for anyone of that caliber.

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

Is Henry worth of the #1 waiver position again?

Lol good one.