DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

17 minutes ago, Chase4181 said:

How can you call titans coaches idiots for not starting Henry on a NFL team when you can’t start him in your free fantasy football league??  Isn’t a free fantasy league the kind of league in which you play your favorite players regardless of anything? You thought Collins was a better play than your “king Henry”  Thats fine, but shut your mouth about him if you can’t even have the balls to start him in a free league 

Based on his useage in previous weeks it was a tough call. I have all faith in henry and none in the coaches to do the right thing. Hr had single digit carries the 2 weeks prior and nobody knew murrays hamstring would flare up in the 1st half.

Get off your high horse trying to tell people what to do. 

Judge not lest ye be judged.

Wtf is going on here lol. It's like RMT cool stories and people piling on Cleats for being excited for his player. 

28 minutes ago, 10giz said:

Hold up...

Is that dude making fun of you for acquiring Julio and Ajayi from him, then dealing Ajayi for AB?

So you gave Henry, a 1st and a 2nd (and some other parts) for 2 top 3 WRs? In a PPR league? (I'm assuming this is what, dynasty? keeper?). That is hilarious. Some people just have no clue.

I've drafted and held Henry for the last 2 years. I'd trade his a** in half a second for anyone of that caliber.

Well, its not on me, i didnt trade AB to him.

I didnt trade him Mike Evans for the 2017 #1 pick, who ended up being corey davis.

Im not the one that made his team competitive, other players, selling their seasons before they started did.

7 minutes ago, Wyzzil said:

Wtf is going on here lol. It's like RMT cool stories and people piling on Cleats for being excited for his player. 

There's nothing wrong with coming on here to tout a player. In fact that's exactly why this is my favorite resource for fantasy baseball and football. What's wrong is how he does it. He's made it his full time job coming in here on a daily basis and regurgitating the same things over and over. It becomes hard to ignore and interferes with productive discussions. It's why so many people are coming in taking shots at him.

26 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well, its not on me, i didnt trade AB to him.

I didnt trade him Mike Evans for the 2017 #1 pick, who ended up being corey davis.

Im not the one that made his team competitive, other players, selling their seasons before they started did.

I hear you bro.

With fantasy football, it's actually hard to accurately assess anything until after the season. Things just change so much that one side can be right one day, the other the next. I'm a huge Henry guy myself, reached on him twice now. Never play him. Just sitting on him.

But I now find myself with guy like McKinnon and AP who are significantly more playable and were available free to those who acted fast. The idea of Henry is so nice, especially for people who are actually fans of him and his game but the reality is, new running backs who can produce now pop up all the time. 

23 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

He’s so excited he benched him against a terrible defense for Alex Collins of all people

Was a solid play at the time based on the coaches use of him in the previous 2 games and no way of knowing that murrays hammy would flare up.

If you take enjoyment from that then have at, i know some people have to take their excitement amy way they can get it.

You are excited i didnt start Henry in 1 of mu fantasy football teams.

I am excited that Henry got the run he deserved last night.

3 minutes ago, 10giz said:

I hear you bro.

With fantasy football, it's actually hard to accurately assess anything until after the season. Things just change so much that one side can be right one day, the other the next. I'm a huge Henry guy myself, reached on him twice now. Never play him. Just sitting on him.

But I now find myself with guy like McKinnon and AP who are significantly more playable and were available free to those who acted fast. The idea of Henry is so nice, especially for people who are actually fans of him and his game but the reality is, new running backs who can produce now pop up all the time. 

Agree completely.

The titans coaching staff has been wasting his fantasy football value a lot this year, holding him over guys like AP or mckinnon becomes tough but his ceiling is still higher than those guys, i know its tough, i sent Cohen for Henry in 1 league and as lo g as i am competitive and in it for the playoffs then i can hold and wait for henry to take over.

If you are losing and might miss the playoffs then anyone becomes expendable but if the rest of your roster is good then henry is a guy that i would keep waiting on. Last night was only a glimpse of what he could do with a full workload, meaning 20 carries and 4-5 catches.

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Have fun starting him next week for 4 points

Ill monitor the reports and make the best decision possible with the information provided.

I have Henry and Murray in PPR.  It would be nice to get Henry the majority of carries and get Murray more involved on passing plays.  Murray looked good on his receptions last night.

Henry is a smooth pass catcher for such a big guy, he averages 10 yards per reception, usually only about 3 to 4 yards deep when he makes the catch, not including screens that start at the line of scrimmage.

Thats about 6 to 7 yards of YAC on average per checkdown.

Get him 4-5 catches and he will get you 60-75yds pretty consistently.

40 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Have fun starting him next week for 4 points

I own both and won’t start either. Fortunately I have Doug Martin with a defined role.

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

For being the most popular thread, this is really boring. Can we talk about something else?

Who would win a one on one tennis match, DeMarco Murray or Derrick Henry?

3 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Who would win a one on one tennis match, DeMarco Murray or Derrick Henry?

Henry = Serena

Murray = Arantxa Sanchez Vicario

?

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I guess you havent seen Henrys thighs

?

I'm betting you've seen a lot of them.

2 hours ago, 10giz said:

Hold up...

Is that dude making fun of you for acquiring Julio and Ajayi from him, then dealing Ajayi for AB?

So you gave Henry, a 1st and a 2nd (and some other parts) for 2 top 3 WRs? In a PPR league? (I'm assuming this is what, dynasty? keeper?). That is hilarious. Some people just have no clue.

I've drafted and held Henry for the last 2 years. I'd trade his a** in half a second for anyone of that caliber.

Yup, it's a dynasty league, full point PPR.  It's kind of funny he thinks giving me Julio and Ajayi for Henry and the 14th and 28th pick in 2018 is somehow a good trade.  The reaction from our league was pretty entertaining:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/184871-where-legends-are-born/?do=findComment&comment=7231654

10 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Yup, it's a dynasty league, full point PPR.  It's kind of funny he thinks giving me Julio and Ajayi for Henry and the 14th and 28th pick in 2018 is somehow a good trade.  The reaction from our league was pretty entertaining:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/184871-where-legends-are-born/?do=findComment&comment=7231654

We all screw up sometimes. Bickering about it just feels like bad karma for the future.

There are pro's and con's to both sides. I predicted preseason Julio would have 1600 yards but only 4 TDs Dude ain't getting any younger.

Hopefully both of you do well moving forward from the trade.

Titans coach Mike Mularkey also said Derrick Henry has become the team's "go-to" running back in the fourth quarter.

Just now, Ffguy0087 said:

Titans coach Mike Mularkey also said Derrick Henry has become the team's "go-to" running back in the fourth quarter.

Uh-oh.

Que the DerrickHenrysCleats haters in 3...2...1...

6 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Care to post where i said that?

If you are going to try and throw shade at least be accurate.

I'm sorry that's actually my bad it was another guy not you. 

Henry's arrow is definitely pointing up. 

The schedule down the stretch is wonderful.