DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

Henry didn't have to score, he had the first down and couldve ended it with that..... Instead he took it to the house?! Is everyone disregarding that?

4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I will never play in leagues ever again that allow future draft pick trading. Also add in keeper leagues ....

I have seen some shady stuff what owners will do and it is sickening.

Boy did I learn this the hard way this year 

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

How come every time someone is against a player they are labeled a hater? 

When they use irrational arguments and wont see logic, that means they're a hater. 

Or dumb. 

35 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

So...Henry has been more impressive than Fournette in the NFL because he rushed for more yards in week 2. 

Got it.

It just further illustrates how bad the Titans are holding Henry back.

They both had 14 carries, Derrick for over 90 and Fournette at 40, both had a TD.

Since then the jags have committed to Fournette and Titans have gone away from Henry.

If the Titans committed to Henry like the Jags have to Fournette he would produce on that level and even greater.

It is just a microcosm of what you could expect if the Titans could be as efficient with their talent as JAX is.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It just further illustrates how bad the Titans are holding Henry back.

They both had 14 carries, Derrick for over 90 and Fournette at 40, both had a TD.

Since then the jags have committed to Fournette and Titans have gone away from Henry.

If the Titans committed to Henry like the Jags have to Fournette he would produce on that level and even greater.

It is just a microcosm of what you could expect if the Titans could be as efficient with their talent as JAX is.

Don't bother explaining it to them. Basic math is hard for certain people to get a grasp of. 

If I were you, I'd silently protest this thread. It's nothing without you, and the trolls get a kick out of trying to get on your case about Henry. We'll all watch him blossom into an elite back, while they cry their salty tears wishing they had made a move to get him.

12 minutes ago, ditkas_moustache said:

Pretty good news for Henry owners. 

This is an odd comment.  Really doesn't make any sense without the context of the game.  Sounds like a bunch of mularkey to me. 

4 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

This is an odd comment.  Really doesn't make any sense without the context of the game.  Sounds like a bunch of mularkey to me. 

He probably meant it as fourth quarter back if they need to kill clock (ie they are ahead by a few scores or more)

Any chance they actually sit Murray vs the Browns to try and get his hammy healthy?  I believe this is a perfect storm for a Henry start this weekend.

49 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Don't bother explaining it to them. Basic math is hard for certain people to get a grasp of. 

If I were you, I'd silently protest this thread. It's nothing without you, and the trolls get a kick out of trying to get on your case about Henry. We'll all watch him blossom into an elite back, while they cry their salty tears wishing they had made a move to get him.

Yes, a guy declares that a backup RB is a top 4 NFL RB, names himself after said player, blames his multiple poor outings on usage, and the people arguing against him are the trolls.

Also, you're right that I can't comprehend the simple math that Henry averaged more YPC than Fournette in week 2 and thus Henry is the better player.

Please ignore this if your sarcasm was lost on me.

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

Yes, a guy declares that a backup RB is a top 4 NFL RB, names himself after said player, blames his multiple poor outings on usage, and the people arguing against him are the trolls.

Also, you're right that I can't comprehend the simple math that Henry averaged more YPC than Fournette in week 2 and thus Henry is the better player.

Please ignore this if your sarcasm was lost on me.

But you can't even comprehend simple RB intangibles so we are all really mind boggled on your critical thinking.  Do you honestly believe giving a RB 6-8 carries a game is going to amount to anything?  What happens if you gave 6-8 touches to Zeke, Bell, McCoy, Freeman, ect?  What is your math on the % of a TD or long run by the limited amount of carries?

Teams win games by feeding the RB's.  Most RBs get into a "groove" as the game progresses, the defense wears, and they start gashing opposing defenses.  It's very clear what the argument is.  This team is better handing the ball off to Henry 20+ times a game than if you gave Murray 20+.  The team hinders itself when they try and split the carries.  Last night was just a perfect scenario. for both even though Murray looked like Jared Lorenzen running the football last night.

3 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

But you can't even comprehend simple RB intangibles so we are all really mind boggled on your critical thinking.  Do you honestly believe giving a RB 6-8 carries a game is going to amount to anything?  What happens if you gave 6-8 touches to Zeke, Bell, McCoy, Freeman, ect?  What is your math on the % of a TD or long run by the limited amount of carries?

Teams win games by feeding the RB's.  Most RBs get into a "groove" as the game progresses, the defense wears, and they start gashing opposing defenses.  It's very clear what the argument is.  This team is better handing the ball off to Henry 20+ times a game than if you gave Murray 20+.  The team hinders itself when they try and split the carries.  Last night was just a perfect scenario. for both even though Murray looked like Jared Lorenzen running the football last night.

I'm not basing my analysis of Henry off of his stats because you're right in saying that he hasn't had the opportunity.  My observations are from watching him at both Alabama and in the NFL.

What math are you talking about?  I know that Cleats was making an argument saying:  Henry > Fournette because Henry had a higher YPC in week 2 on a similar amount of carries.  You don't see anything wrong with that argument?

Edited by Chwf3rd

18 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

Any chance they actually sit Murray vs the Browns to try and get his hammy healthy?  I believe this is a perfect storm for a Henry start this weekend.

this bro says no

39 minutes ago, ditkas_moustache said:

Pretty good news for Henry owners. 

Mularkey is full of s---

This is like a professional evaluation where your boss appoints you an imaginary position to make you sound capable.

"a true leader; oversees our non-HR relevant cultural climate"

"a real departmental asset; our miasmic poop monitor"

WELL DONE!

There's no sense in  reading or contributing to this thread anymore.

Nothing has changed in 2017 - it is the same as 2016.

Both RBs will have value assuming health - of said RBs but especially Mariota. 

Their output each week will be game-flow dependent ROS.

/thread

The ones who say he's way worse than Murray and can't be elite and has no vision and this and that, we don't know what he can or can't be. Leveon Bell's biggest knocks coming in were he ran tall, looked slow with no burst and had poor vision. Things can change. Henry has such a small sample size that all we see are his flashes when given some opportunity because that's all we can base it on right now. We can all agree that he needs the opportunity and hopefully he gets more. I like what I see for sure when he gets a nice chunk of volume. 

To the people who have a vendetta against Cleats or Henry, why not just post it over in the Murray thread? You'll get your likes there. There's something about the Henry thread that just brings all the negativity. It seems like a lot of it is just people not liking Cleats. So what if his comments are optimistic and over the top? If he said things like that about any other player in another thread it'd get tons of likes. This is a long season and so far it's been depressing as hell due to legal drama, huge injuries and underperforming stars. This is the Derrick Henry thread. Let us dream big and have some fun with it. 

I mean Murray has to fall apart eventually right? Every game I watch it's like his legs are hanging on by a thread.

Standard scoring

Henry: 43 points

Murray: 45 points

Maybe Henry can get out in front of Murray this week leading to the BYE. I'm hoping if that happens the Titans coach has a heart to heart convo with Murray. 

Watching my first Titans game last night of the season, I did not see the whole "Murray is not explosive" argument.  Actually, saw quite the opposite. 

I think we are in for a 60-40 split in favor of Murray when he is healthy.  He looked like the better all round running back last night.

Whatever the actual split, it should be tough sledding for both against a stout CLE run D prior to the bye

I think Henry has a ton of potential and all but he's not on the same planet as Fournette. That dude might be the best pick I ever made 

9 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

I think Henry has a ton of potential and all but he's not on the same planet as Fournette. That dude might be the best pick I ever made 

Please explain how you came to that conclusion.

Is it because leonard fournette is on your fantasy team and has scored you a lot of fantasy points?