DerrickHenrysCleats

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, sott3 said:

He won't. He's only here to disappoint us this season except for that one game. 

If anything, that one game made things worse. Sure, for those that were desperate enough to start him that one week it was great. But since then it has been continued mediocrity, praying for another blowup game.

He's been worse to own than Diggs.

3 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

If anything, that one game made things worse. Sure, for those that were desperate enough to start him that one week it was great. But since then it has been continued mediocrity, praying for another blowup game.

Try owning them both! Plus evans. Miracle i made playoffs

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, whadeeb said:

Try owning them both! Plus evans. Miracle i made playoffs

I own Evans as well....

• Haha 1

I think with Marcus Peters suspended, and IF he's healthy, he's worth a start as a WR3 with upside.  He's not going to go off like his outlier performance last time, but here's his career numbers against KC:

5/29/0 > 10/129/0 > 2/20/0 > 4/69/0 > 11/210/2

This is a must win Divisional game (similar situation to earlier in the in the season when the teams faced off & was a must win to stay in it).  He is still an elite route runner (assuming healthy ankle), KC is susceptible to the deep ball as it is (and now even moreso w/o Peters), and before the injury he was averaging about 7 targets a game after his blow up game. 

I think it's very realistic he could go for 6 / 78 and a good chance at a TD.  I also think 7 / 91 and chance at a TD is also very much in the deck of cards...as long as he's healthy.

Does anyone have more information about the severity of his ankle?  It would suck if he's used a decoy, and not at 100%. 

6 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Liar liar pants on fire!

Adam Caplan

@caplannfl

#Raiders WR Amari Cooper (ankle, concussion) working on side today. May practice some tomorrow.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

4 minutes ago, Tenner said:

It's just not worth it. 

It is if your other option is Demaryius Thomas. :(

• Sad 1

I don't even want to be tempted to play him this week. Hope he's ruled out.

I was doing some research and apparently Dr. Chao says it's a left high ankle sprain.  Further research says high ankle sprains can take 6 weeks or more to heal.  I'm positive he's going to start given the importance of the game.  But now I wonder if he'll be 100% healthy..it'll only be 2 weeks between the injury and the game.

Edited by FFMike888

He's a hold due to favorable matchups down the stretch. 

Is their any chance that getting his brain mushed will kinda reset his catching ability? 

5 minutes ago, FFMike888 said:

I was doing some research and apparently Dr. Chao says it's a left high ankle sprain.  Further research says high ankle sprains can take 6 weeks to heal.  I'm positive he's going to start given the importance of the game.  But now I wonder if he'll be 100% healthy..it'll only be 2 weeks between the injury and the game.

Severe high ankle sprains take 4-6 weeks to heel.

Y'all have seen KC play lately, right? I'd start any receiver against them. If he's playing, I'm starting. 

• Like 1

The key is the ankle. If he isn't 100% I don't want to start him over the likes of Kupp, Shep. or Westbrook. 

God this guy is gonna kill me. 

I think it was probably a mild high ankle sprain given he wasn't in a boot leaving the field and I haven't heard of him walking around in a boot.

But this is what I've ready about the recovery time: (http://physioworks.com.au/injuries-conditions-1/high-ankle-sprain).  The matchup is juicy, but his ankle may not be 100%.

Grade 1 - Mild

In mild cases, you can expect full ligament healing at approximately 6 weeks, but it may take longer to prepare you for functional sport again.

Despite most people being told to simply “rest” and it will recover, we find that these mild sprains often result in joint stiffness, ligament laxity, muscle weakness or tightness plus reduced proprioception (balance and joint awareness).

Grade 2 - Moderate

Grade 2 injuries occur when you have a significant ligament injury that allows the ligament to excessively stretch. In most cases, these injuries result in a recovery period of 6 to 12 weeks. With increasing injury severity, the rehabilitation process becomes more complex and extensive.

Grade 3 - Severe

Grade 3 ligament injuries are when the ligament is completely ruptured. More severe high ankle sprain injuries can also include fractures of the bones or high ankle sprains, which will require additional rehabilitation time to a simple ankle sprain.  The rehabilitation of a Grade 3 ankle sprain normally takes 3 to 6 months but is quite variable depending on your specific injury. 

Yeah, I think he's gonna be out this week. Sucks. This was the perfect playoff matchup

13 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Yeah, I think he's gonna be out this week. Sucks. This was the perfect playoff matchup

Or it’s good considering he’s hurt and is very inconsistent. Saves the temptation of putting 3-5 points in your line up when things matter most. I guess it depends how you look at it.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Or it’s good considering he’s hurt and is very inconsistent. Saves the temptation of putting 3-5 points in your line up when things matter most. I guess it depends how you look at it.

He's been inconsistent no doubt. And against any other team, I'd  have more trouble thinking that. But man, KC is so dang bad, and so many teams TORCH that secondary. I'll say again, if a receiver is active against KC, I'm probably playing them. 

5 minutes ago, ak427 said:

He's been inconsistent no doubt. And against any other team, I'd  have more trouble thinking that. But man, KC is so dang bad, and so many teams TORCH that secondary. I'll say again, if a receiver is active against KC, I'm probably playing them. 

Wouldn’t blame you for doing it as a dart throw boom or bust third receiver. What’s crazy is as pathetic as Cooper has been the past four weeks he’s played, it’s nothing compared to what he did weeks 2-6. That might have been the most pathetic stretch I’ve ever seen from a receiver selected in drafts that high.  

• Confused 1