Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

According to a tweet from Fangraphs the Jays have a verbal 3.2 million agreement with him. He can't be signed until July 2nd.

Anyone have anything on him for this year? Thinking of taking a flier on him in a dynasty league was wondering if he will be starting any type of Pro/Rookie ball? Thanks.

I'm really high on Vlad Guerrero Jr. and I usually miss out on a lot of international prospects in my keeper / dynasty leagues simply because I like to see some minor league production before really biting. But pedigree, age, scouting reports are all great. The kid is already a monster at 16.

Is that a spring training game or against other minor leaguers?

Vlad Guerrero Jr. is not in spring training... It's extremely rare a teenager is in spring and generally they are 19 when they are.

Where does he rank among the top prospects?

I'm wondering a similar thing to the post above...who would people prefer long term, Vlad Jr or AJ Reed?

I'm wondering a similar thing to the post above...who would people prefer long term, Vlad Jr or AJ Reed?

Vlad Jr is like 4-7 years away and is a complete roll of the dice. Maybe Vlad Jr has more upside, but he has more downside as well. And again "maybe" has more upside.

I dont see how anyone chooses a player who is 7 years away over a guy who could hit 30 home runs with a good average pretty soon.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

Vlad Jr is like 4-7 years away and is a complete roll of the dice. Maybe Vlad Jr has more upside, but he has more downside as well. And again "maybe" has more upside.

I dont see how anyone chooses a player who is 7 years away over a guy who could hit 30 home runs with a good average pretty soon.

Yeah, that has been my rationale...just needed to be convinced to step away from the ledge. Obviously, there's less uncertainty with Reed since he's so close to the majors. Vlad's scouting reports are so tantalizing though. When I here reports that it's a potential toss up between Vlad and Devers, it makes me pause for a second.

Yeah, that has been my rationale...just needed to be convinced to step away from the ledge. Obviously, there's less uncertainty with Reed since he's so close to the majors. Vlad's scouting reports are so tantalizing though. When I here reports that it's a potential toss up between Vlad and Devers, it makes me pause for a second.

But Devers is also a prospect who hasn't done anything in the bigs. I'm not saying Jr isn't a guy to target, he could be a top 100 guy in a couple years and then top 10, just well below the current top guys.

But Devers is also a prospect who hasn't done anything in the bigs. I'm not saying Jr isn't a guy to target, he could be a top 100 guy in a couple years and then top 10, just well below the current top guys.

And AJ Reed has?

Is that a spring training game or against other minor leaguers?

Vlad Guerrero Jr. is not in spring training... It's extremely rare a teenager is in spring and generally they are 19 when they are.

​I'm well aware of how rare it is, however the Tweet didn't state it.

And AJ Reed has?

I honestly dont remember what I was thinking when I said that, but it doesn't make sense. I remember thinking AJ Reed is beasting in the minors and closest to the bigs and most projectable major leaguer out of all of them, so I'd take him, especially since you'll see results sooner. But yeah, none have done anything in the bigs. Maybe I meant AA.

CJ Wittmann ‏@CJWittJr 2h2 hours ago

Vlad Guerrero Jr 7 raw power; plus bat speed w/ leverage. Plus arm; lateral agility and avg reads. Sneaky athlete. Aggressive app.

Plus arm? Thought that was one of the major concerns with him.

I too have read that his arm graded below average. But remember Vlad is suuuuper young so he's being compared to guys a year or two older than him. So his arm could likely be continuing to get stronger. I mean he's built just like his dad who had a cannon.

CJ Wittmann ‏@CJWittJr 2h2 hours ago

Vlad Guerrero Jr 7 raw power; plus bat speed w/ leverage. Plus arm; lateral agility and avg reads. Sneaky athlete. Aggressive app.

Plus arm? Thought that was one of the major concerns with him.

I too have read that his arm graded below average. But remember Vlad is suuuuper young so he's being compared to guys a year or two older than him. So his arm could likely be continuing to get stronger. I mean he's built just like his dad who had a cannon.

Maybe his arm is below average now, but due to his age it projects to improve?

Maybe his arm is below average now, but due to his age it projects to improve?

Possible, but if it's below average now then it probably shouldn't considered a plus arm... and I don't think it is.