Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

Take a perennial 90-100/.300-.320/30-35/100 player of your choice and that's Vlad Jr's high end projection at peak. Manny R and Miggy are probably good comps.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oswald737 said:

Take a perennial 90-100/.300-.320/30-35/100 player of your choice and that's Vlad Jr's high end projection at peak. Manny R and Miggy are probably good comps.

Manny was fantasy gold in his prime, yes please.

I have him stashed in a bench spot in my limited keeper league. Playing the long game...70 scouting grade. Wow.

• Like 1

I like the Pujols comp considering he's never struck out more than 100 times in a season. He also came into the league at age 21 and was an immediate force.

57 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

I have him stashed in a bench spot in my limited keeper league. Playing the long game...70 scouting grade. Wow.

Same. Grabbed him now, juuuuust in case he gets the call this year. 

He's killing it in AA! What are the chances he gets called up this year?

5 minutes ago, Ecofolux said:

He's killing it in AA! What are the chances he gets called up this year?

Based on what others have posted, if the Jays stay competitive this season then its more likely he (and Bichette) could get the call around the ASB.

*Heart goes pitter patter*

While I would luuuurrrve that I ain't counting on it! 

• Like 1

Dude's ownership is spiking in Yahoo -- third-most adds after Soroka and Justin Anderson. For someone without a definitive call-up on the horizon that's pretty wild.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matdotmarshall said:

Dude's ownership is spiking in Yahoo -- third-most adds after Soroka and Justin Anderson. For someone without a definitive call-up on the horizon that's pretty wild.

Ya that’s exactly why I came to this threat because I noticed that too. He was just added in my league and I figured there was some info about him being called up soon. 

I want him to get called up so bad. I'm in a 19-team redraft I could use the help but I feel like it won't happen unless they trade Donaldson. Also, the spike in ownership is probably because a lot of Toronto writers are writing about how it's time for the Jays to call him up. 

Edited by ShowTyme

yea i have a claim in for him but just because its fun to join the hype lol

if the jays fall out completely and become a dumpster fire i 100% think donaldson is out and vlad gets a cup of coffee for fantasy playoffs

they can flip donaldson for a nasty prospect to go with vlad and bo no idea why they wouldnt capitalize

20 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

yea i have a claim in for him but just because its fun to join the hype lol

if the jays fall out completely and become a dumpster fire i 100% think donaldson is out and vlad gets a cup of coffee for fantasy playoffs

they can flip donaldson for a nasty prospect to go with vlad and bo no idea why they wouldnt capitalize

I feel like you have that backwards. I don't see why they call him up if they are out of it.

I'm not saying they won't, I think there's a good chance he's up regardless, but makes more sense to waste the year of control if they are competitive 

Edited by brockpapersizer

6 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I feel like you have that backwards. I don't see why they call him up if they are out of it.

I'm not saying they won't, I think there's a good chance he's up regardless, but makes more sense to waste the year of control if they are competitive 

Yea fair point, its more based on my belief that hes gonna hit his way up to where they have to give him a look later this season even during a lost year

Blue Jays management don't typically make these kind of moves...usually they play the slow game having said that I think Donaldson is actually hurt (really hurt) while we have managed I can see Vlad up earlier then expected ( I thought August/Sept ) it's possible we are talking June/July 

Never thought I would want Donaldson traded so bad...the haul would be amazing if healthy then insert franchise player sounds good to me

Not to rain on the parade because I absolutely love Vlad, but do you guys really think what the Jays are doing right now is sustainable? They have been much better than I expected this year but asking for them to stay competitive through the summer seems like a tall task especially  in the AL East (although I guess the Orioles are essentially free wins at this point).

2 minutes ago, MugsyBogues said:

Morales doing his part. 0-6. 

Added in 8/10 leagues. Let’s roll! 

10 leagues? What in the world....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MugsyBogues said:

Morales doing his part. 0-6. 

Added in 8/10 leagues. Let’s roll! 

Thats not a viable argument because 2 days ago Morales went 3 for 3 with 2 HRs.

8 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

Thats not a viable argument because 2 days ago Morales went 3 for 3 with 2 HRs.

To be fair thats just 1 out of about 3 productive games he has had all year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Watermock said:

Morales is done. Vlad would mash in his place. 

Not wouid. Will. 

• Like 1