Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

Recommended Posts

On 5/17/2018 at 9:28 AM, ReyesMurphyWright said:

 

I want to know what kind of keeper league you play in where Vlad Jr was unowned a week ago.

I can only keep three players on my team. I'll be keeping him over a few pretty great players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, spivey17323 said:

I can only keep three players on my team. I'll be keeping him over a few pretty great players.

 

Good thing you lock that decision down before he's ever called up. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he hits .270 as a 19-year old at the MLB level it should be looked at as a remarkable achievement. Perspective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

Good thing you lock that decision down before he's ever called up. 

He'll be mashing on my team for years to come :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was said that Vlad would be called up in the second half but all this hype has me thinking it will be sooner. Does anyone think he’ll be called up before the Allstar break? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LeftyNYC said:

It was said that Vlad would be called up in the second half but all this hype has me thinking it will be sooner. Does anyone think he’ll be called up before the Allstar break? 

 

Before AS break? Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeftyNYC said:

It was said that Vlad would be called up in the second half but all this hype has me thinking it will be sooner. Does anyone think he’ll be called up before the Allstar break? 

Complete and total speculation on my part, but I predict he gets called up to Triple A on Monday (after a double A homestand where he's being featured in a promo) and then to the show on June 11th (which will be the start of a 3 game road trip in Tampa and should be past Super 2).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All you guys who think he's coming up before the AS are nuts, i live here the plan is to have him go to AAA next, he might come up in September, most likely he will but probably not before that, the team sucks, they will not waste a year of him on a team that will be rebuilding with him as the main piece. If they trade Donaldson he might be up sooner but i highly doubt it. If you listen to the management and read between the lines of what they are saying its not happening anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Watermock said:

 

 

Yes, yes, we get it, you live there...you missed out on him huh?

 

Can't wait to see him soon. 

no actually i have him on most of my teams i drafted him with my last pick, i know how good he's going to be, i drafted him on all my keeper roto teams but not on any redraft on h2h teams, sorry to burst your bubble if you think he will be much value this year, i might be wrong but i know this team and how they work and its not their way, they don't give a s**t about fantasy baseball, just look at the Teoscar situation, he should have been on the team opening day but they sent him down despite what he did last year and in spring training but the signed Grandy and Grichuk, they had no choice but to bring him up because of injury and because Grichuk sucks, feel free to rip me when the AS break comes and Vlad is still in the minors.

Edited by azeri98
add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

no actually i have him on most of my teams i drafted him with my last pick, i know how good he's going to be, i drafted him on all my keeper roto teams but not on any redraft on h2h teams, sorry to burst your bubble if you think he will be much value this year, i might be wrong but i know this team and how they work and its not their way, they don't give a s**t about fantasy baseball, just look at the Teoscar situation, he should have been on the team opening day but they sent him down despite what he did last year and in spring training but the signed Grandy and Grichuk, they had no choice but to bring him up because of injury and because Grichuk sucks, feel free to rip me when the AS break comes and Vlad is still in the minors.

Well maybe they learned from their mistake keeping Teoscar down. Vladito the Bandito will be up in mid June!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

no actually i have him on most of my teams i drafted him with my last pick, i know how good he's going to be, i drafted him on all my keeper roto teams but not on any redraft on h2h teams, sorry to burst your bubble if you think he will be much value this year, i might be wrong but i know this team and how they work and its not their way, they don't give a s**t about fantasy baseball, just look at the Teoscar situation, he should have been on the team opening day but they sent him down despite what he did last year and in spring training but the signed Grandy and Grichuk, they had no choice but to bring him up because of injury and because Grichuk sucks, feel free to rip me when the AS break comes and Vlad is still in the minors.

 

 

Why would I rip you in Vlad is still in minors when AS break comes? 

 

We need to stop comparing Vlad, and his development to guys who aren't nearly as good as him. Like, they aren't even in the same stratosphere. So because some lesser minor wasn't called up, does not mean some generational talent who is doing things in AA that hasn't been done before will be treated the same way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, absknicks said:

If he hits .270 as a 19-year old at the MLB level it should be looked at as a remarkable achievement. Perspective. 

 

Wrong. Age shouldn't matter. It's about empirical skill. I expect him to hit .300+. Harper hit .270 as a 19 year old, and his hit-tool was not anywhere close to Vlad Jr.'s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

no actually i have him on most of my teams i drafted him with my last pick, i know how good he's going to be, i drafted him on all my keeper roto teams but not on any redraft on h2h teams, sorry to burst your bubble if you think he will be much value this year, i might be wrong but i know this team and how they work and its not their way, they don't give a s**t about fantasy baseball, just look at the Teoscar situation, he should have been on the team opening day but they sent him down despite what he did last year and in spring training but the signed Grandy and Grichuk, they had no choice but to bring him up because of injury and because Grichuk sucks, feel free to rip me when the AS break comes and Vlad is still in the minors.

 

I don't think anyone here would be shocked if Vlad isn't called up by the all-star break. But your "I know because I live in the area" spiel is the stuff of memes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ReyesMurphyWright said:

 

I don't think anyone here would be shocked if Vlad isn't called up by the all-star break. But your "I know because I live in the area" spiel is the stuff of memes.

It's hardly any worse than any of the other fantasy nerds on a forum pretending like they actually know what's going to happen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did not draft, did not add in redraft. Starting to regret that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bdy1 said:

Did not draft, did not add in redraft. Starting to regret that.

 

Don't worry, he won't be up this year, you won't miss out on anything. Just ask the locals. 

Edited by Watermock
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, moeron22 said:

 

Wrong. Age shouldn't matter. It's about empirical skill. I expect him to hit .300+. Harper hit .270 as a 19 year old, and his hit-tool was not anywhere close to Vlad Jr.'s.

 

Age does matter. And it's directly linked to empirical skill. You must be new to the sport.

 

Saying he would be in competition for the batting title is exactly what I'd expect someone who just started following prospects in the last year or so to say. 

Edited by absknicks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, absknicks said:

 

Age does matter. And it's directly linked to empirical skill. You must be new to the sport.

 

What does age have anything to do with his projected batting average whenever he is called up? Instead of taking jabs, perhaps use some logic.

 

He has the skill-set to hit .300+ right now. 80 hit tool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moeron22 said:

 

What does age have anything to do with his projected batting average whenever he is called up? Instead of taking jabs, perhaps use some logic.

 

He has the skill-set to hit .300+ right now. 80 hit tool. 

 

You started with the jabs. Responding to a legitimate point with "wrong" doesn't do anything to further a legitimate discussion. 

 

Again, almost everyone in this thread has indicated to you that your batting title prediction was silly. Maybe you should take a step back and think before you post again.

 

 

Edited by absknicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said he could be in the running. You need to read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Watermock said:

 

 

Why would I rip you in Vlad is still in minors when AS break comes? 

 

We need to stop comparing Vlad, and his development to guys who aren't nearly as good as him. Like, they aren't even in the same stratosphere. So because some lesser minor wasn't called up, does not mean some generational talent who is doing things in AA that hasn't been done before will be treated the same way. 

I don't disagree with you about his talent and that he should be up soon, my whole point is the management won't do it because it's not "their way" I'm a huge Jays fan and would love to see him in the majors ASAP but Shapiro and Atkins don't think that way. They don't care what the fans think or want and if they continue to lose the less the chances we see him before September

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ReyesMurphyWright said:

 

I don't think anyone here would be shocked if Vlad isn't called up by the all-star break. But your "I know because I live in the area" spiel is the stuff of memes.

I just listen to local sports radio and read local newspapers everyday, where the management team is interviewed quite often and the overwhelming consensus is that its not going to happen anytime soon, so i think i have a little more info than someone who is not local. I don't imagine most guys on here are listening or reading Toronto sports news , I don't know where your from but i imagine you would know more about your local ream than i would, I managed to get Teoscar Hernandez on all my teams because i knew 2 days ahead of time that he was being called up. they had the AAA manager on our local radio here and he said he's going to the big club in 2 or 3 days, so it helps, thats all i'm saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, azeri98 said:

the plan is to have him go to AAA next

 

Do you have a source on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Soto getting the call will create some pressure for Toronto to call him up soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.