Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

41 minutes ago, radioflyer9 said:

So is it time to drop him in redraft leagues? Looks like he won’t make the majors this year now 

I dropped him this morning FWIW. IF he comes up I can't see it before September and even then that is highly speculative at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radioflyer9 said:

So is it time to drop him in redraft leagues? Looks like he won’t make the majors this year now 

I’d say so.

• Like 1

I agree. Time to drop. If he isn't already owned, a replacement stash would be Kyle Tucker. Not a Vlad type impact, but still a top 10 prospect with a broad base of skills.

• Like 1

if you are top 3 team h2h and have extra space (punting saves) you hold

this type of bat can be league winning.

other than that you can drop (holding in 3 leagues) worth the risk with 50% fantasy season to go)

Redraft yeah it's time. I'd have a real hard time making that choice in moderate size keepers though. Like a 10-14 team keep 5-10 with yearly price/round escalations etc etc. That's where things get sticky IMO.

52 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

I agree. Time to drop. If he isn't already owned, a replacement stash would be Kyle Tucker. Not a Vlad type impact, but still a top 10 prospect with a broad base of skills.

Good call.  The Astros OF is begging for this guy.  Fisher, Marismick, Reddick and even Marwin Gonzalez are a big pile of meh and we already know what they can and generally can't do.  

1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

Redraft yeah it's time. I'd have a real hard time making that choice in moderate size keepers though. Like a 10-14 team keep 5-10 with yearly price/round escalations etc etc. That's where things get sticky IMO.

I am bullish about Vlad Guerrero Jr even next year. Barring something strange happening rest of season, we're talking about a top 8 round or so pick in a 12 teamer (with some league-to-league variance). Depending on keeper league rules, that could mean that getting him as a late round keeper is a huuuuuge value.

11 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

I am bullish about Vlad Guerrero Jr even next year. Barring something strange happening rest of season, we're talking about a top 8 round or so pick in a 12 teamer (with some league-to-league variance). Depending on keeper league rules, that could mean that getting him as a late round keeper is a huuuuuge value.

Is 8th round that late or are you talking about people holding him this year for next?

Like yeah if you can hold him all year and keep him late for his ability next year, sure... Do that if it's not hindering your ability to compete. That being said, in standard leagues where steals account for 20% of a players value, he's still no lock to be a game changer at the age of 20.

Still I'm hoping for the Acuna /Bryant call up

56 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

Absolutely. Barring something wild I'd give a ranking above Acuna's from this year but with the hype I think that'll be reflected in his ADP so getting him at a discount would be nice. If they reeeeaaallly slow play this recovery/rehab maybe it could bump down his draft value in redrafts/shallow keepers to the point where he could be someone you can get at a reasonable draft price but that'll be tough to tell until later. 

Definitely more league and team dependent.  Redraft and dynasty are relatively easy choices imo. 

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

if you are top 3 team h2h and have extra space (punting saves) you hold

this type of bat can be league winning.

other than that you can drop (holding in 3 leagues) worth the risk with 50% fantasy season to go)

this is the best answer here imo  . If u are confident u make the playoffs he is a def hold

It's so sad - this thread actually made it to page 2 ...  :(

Vlad made his big league debut the other day though?!?

mlbf_2144410883_th_45.jpg

According to Steve Buffery on twitter Vlad is hitting off a T, tossing and feeling good. Plan is to still  re-evaluate 4 weeks post-injury (around July 10th). Even with Donaldson's set-back I doubt this gets any more interesting, but we can hope.

2 hours ago, roscobangs said:

According to Steve Buffery on twitter Vlad is hitting off a T, tossing and feeling good. Plan is to still  re-evaluate 4 weeks post-injury (around July 10th). Even with Donaldson's set-back I doubt this gets any more interesting, but we can hope.

Josh suffered a calf strain while rehabbing. He'll be re-evaluated again in 3 weeks. But regardless at this point I feel like they'll probably just keep Vlad in the minors until next season.

On 6/26/2018 at 6:39 PM, Idoolittle said:

Josh suffered a calf strain while rehabbing. He'll be re-evaluated again in 3 weeks. But regardless at this point I feel like they'll probably just keep Vlad in the minors until next season.

If they can get extra control or save money by waiting until next year - absolutely no reason not to.....unfortunately for us :(

41 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Does he still play baseball?

3 weeks and not a peep.

"Guerrero (strained patella tendon) is "doing great" in his rehab and is ahead of schedule by a day or two", according to general manager Ross Atkins, Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca reports

It's been 4 weeks. Maybe he got a splinter or something that set him back another month.

It's pretty common to never hear any decent injury updates on minor leaguers. They just dont get covered like major leaguers.

I thought he might be the exception given the coverage prior to and the numbers he was putting up. With the other call-ups and injuries, I need someone to motivate me to watch MILB box scores daily.

If everything we've been told is true, he will be re-evaluated today and we should get an update. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, JDL88 said:

Well that's a silver lining.  Also gives a glimmer of hope for a call-up this year.  Still probably a long shot but hey.

Also, another fun fact from the ESPN blurb on him, lest you forgot what a stud he is "at Double-A for 53 games while he was over 100 percent better (203 wRC+) than the average hitter in the Eastern League"

Edited by Baur10

Smash the add button if he's available. AAA isn't a destination for prospects of Vlads ilk. It's normally a stop-gap. Get a taste and get to the big club kid.

Edited by roscobangs