Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

16 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Watching what juan soto is doing for the nationals makes the blue jays look like a terrible organization.

When a guy is beyond ready you should give him a shot, service time be damned.

Nats are in a playoffs race. Jays are competing for last place that's why

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dilly3307 said:

What are you talking about?! Donaldson hasn’t played in 2 months. You might as well reference Kelly Gruber at this point.

Yes, Donaldson is injured... and about to come back from that injury.  The past month or so hasn't mattered since Vlad was ALSO injured.

2 hours ago, daynlokki said:

Yes, Donaldson is injured... and about to come back from that injury.  The past month or so hasn't mattered since Vlad was ALSO injured.

When is Donaldson coming back?! 

14 hours ago, daynlokki said:

Soto came up because Eaton, Robles and then Kendrick got injured.  They weren't going to give full time at bats to Andrew Stevenson.

Ok. cool. Didnt know josh donaldson was the epitome of healthy this season.

When you have guys like russell martin getting spot starts at 3rd.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

13 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Hard to call up Vlad when he's on the DL at the same time as Donaldson and just got back himself.  That and they are seeing what they have for next year and were hoping Solarte kept up his hot start, which would have made him a great trade commodity.  Unfortunately he didn't.

On 7/29/2018 at 12:47 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Donaldson is better then Vlad!

• Haha 2

Just got back from watching him play.  He looks short and thick. Loooking at him, not knowing anything else,I would have guessed he’d be awful at baseball compared to Aaron alther.  The first pitcher wanted nothing to do with him and it was obvious from very early on.  One thing I noticed was that he was deceptively fast,he went from first to third on a hit that shoul have just been one base.  He also,got great jumps out of the when he made contact.  You hear a lot about the power and hit tool,but that speed might lead to unexpected runs and maybe stolen bases. Very exciting player

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So In 5 plate appearances he has 3BB's, 1 out (not a K) and a sac-fly. The sf was a bases-loaded line drive that the LF made a diving catch on, saving multiple runs. 

To be fair, it's questionable if the LF even caught it, as the ball popped out of his glove during his tuck-and-roll. Vlad gets 1RBI instead of 2 or 3.

Was Definately a catch. The left fielder had it in his glove for a good long time. There wasnt any arguing or fan outrage.  The fact that he hit it so hard was is what probably got him out.  A little softer and it would have dropped.  It was an impressive at bat though as the count was 1-2 i beleive.  He has an fantastic recognition of the strike zone and the adjustment with the bat speed should come witj experience making him even that much more dangerous.  On the radio,i heard he'd be a batting title contender immediately which is crazy.

2 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Was Definately a catch. The left fielder had it in his glove for a good long time. There wasnt any arguing or fan outrage.  The fact that he hit it so hard was is what probably got him out.  A little softer and it would have dropped.  It was an impressive at bat though as the count was 1-2 i beleive.  He has an fantastic recognition of the strike zone and the adjustment with the bat speed should come witj experience making him even that much more dangerous.  On the radio,i heard he'd be a batting title contender immediately which is crazy.

I suggested this back in May and was laughed at. 

8 minutes ago, moeron22 said:

It was funnier when you said it. ?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, moeron22 said:

And now you feel vindicated?

My favorite thing about his AAA start: he single handedly doubled the attendance at the games.  Probably doesn't affect his call-up time but it certainly doesn't hurt.

5 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

My favorite thing about his AAA start: he single handedly doubled the attendance at the games.  Probably doesn't affect his call-up time but it certainly doesn't hurt.

What would he do to attendance in Toronto? 

17 minutes ago, Watermock said:

What would he do to attendance in Toronto? 

Increase it, along with merchandise sales, and TV ratings. But enough to cover an extra year of eligibility? No

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yanks#1 said:

Increase it, along with merchandise sales, and TV ratings. But enough to cover an extra year of eligibility? No

This. Unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Yanks#1 said:

Exactly. 

Our only hope is that Vlad expresses his want to be in the bigs right now, citing comparable players like Soto and his absurd stats as evidence to his readiness. In a perfect world, this would pressure Atkins and co. to call up Vlad, in an attempt to keep their franchise player happy.  I don't think they can overlook the importance of keeping Vlad Jr. (and Sr.) happy in Toronto. 1 more year of control will mean nothing if Vladdy doesn't resign in his eventual walk year.

3 hours ago, absknicks said:

And now you feel vindicated?

Sure. It feels good to have industry peeps sort of backup your beliefs with their own claims. Makes you feel a little less crazy. Now he just has to prove it. 

Vindicate (v): show or prove to be right, reasonable, or justified. 

I'd say it's within reason Vlad Jr. could contend for a batting title RIGHT NOW based on empirical evidence and what scouts have said.