Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

He continues to rake. 

Edited by Sine_cera

15 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

He continues to rake. 

^ This was correct lol

Singled and homered (4) yesterday pushing his AVG up to .342 with a 14/12 BB/K rate(!) 

Or in other words... promotion imminent

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DannyMcPot said:

^ This was correct lol

Singled and homered (4) yesterday pushing his AVG up to .342 with a 14/12 BB/K rate(!) 

Or in other words... promotion imminent

for real?

I highly doubt he gets to AA this year although I think he could handle it. 

I meant a promotion to High-A. I know they want to be patient with him but he's too good for this level.

12:47

Hank: What is soonest we could see Vlad Jr. in the majors? He’s so young, but he’s soooo good.

12:47

Eric A Longenhagen: He’s there before he’s allowed to drink.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crotchcrickets said:

If that's suppose to be aggressive, its still technically almost 3 years away and he'd be right. He just turned 18.

5 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

If that's suppose to be aggressive, its still technically almost 3 years away and he'd be right. He just turned 18.

The legal drinking age in Toronto is 19!

• Like 1

Just now, alisgodnow said:

The legal drinking age in Toronto is 19!

Didn't know that, but not sure which age Eric meant then. I'm assuming 21 still. Otherwise he's saying in less than 1 year and he's currently in A ball. I see little chance he makes it before he turns 19. I'd be shocked.

Oh I agree. I was just being wishful. I could see him in being in AA by the end of the year. 

Fun fact: the drinking age in Quebec is 18

• Like 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/prospect-heat-check-vladimir-guerrero-jr-going-star-just-like-dad-182454119.html

Nothing tantalizes and titillates baseball people quite like someone whose talent is so obvious, so preternatural that he defies every expectation of what he can and should be. And so with that in mind – and with a certain amount of caution but even more excitement – two scouts this week offered the same opinion: By the end of the 2017 season, Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is going to be the best prospect in baseball.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, smeeze said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/prospect-heat-check-vladimir-guerrero-jr-going-star-just-like-dad-182454119.html

Nothing tantalizes and titillates baseball people quite like someone whose talent is so obvious, so preternatural that he defies every expectation of what he can and should be. And so with that in mind – and with a certain amount of caution but even more excitement – two scouts this week offered the same opinion: By the end of the 2017 season, Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is going to be the best prospect in baseball.

I thought after Moncada, the next big prospect is another Cuban prospect, also with the Pale Hose, Luis Robert...

I own Vlad Jr., and lost out on Luis Robert, btw...

Is Jim trying to jinx this dude?

Vlad Jr. has been simply incredible this year! How incredible you ask? Minimum 100pa, the best A+ 18yr olds since fangraphs has the stats for them (2006):

* = season in progress

1.V.Guerrero*: 160pa, 180wrc+
2.K.Ruiz*: 124pa, 152wrc+
3.M.Trout: 233pa, 117wrc+
4.W.Flores: 290pa, 112wrc+
5.M.Machado: 260pa, 96wrc+

Note that all of ruiz/trout/flores/machadao just missed the midseason age cutoff, as all were born in july or august, which means they were closer to 19yrs old than march baby Vladdy.

• Like 4

Regarding his ETA, is the general consensus that he's a 2019 Super 2?

36 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Regarding his ETA, is the general consensus that he's a 2019 Super 2?

Mmmm... maybe? The new Jays brass doesn't really seem like the group to worry about Super 2 deadlines, and I'd guess they'll call him up when they feel he's ready. We all have to remember that AA ball is going to be his first real crazy test. 2018 will be interesting and will really show us what he's capable of... 

As well as they're hitting A+ in that org it wouldn't surprise me if he and Bo did the Acuna rocket ride next year side by side. You never know where the speed bumps are, but then sometimes...

Vlad said way back forever ago, with confidence, that he would be an MLB teenager. I want to see a WS HR before 20. 

And a pony please. I'll name it Jr.

• Like 3

• Formerly the Smasher (On a rock spinning out of control): Is Vladdy the best hitting prospect of the last decade?

John Manuel: Lots of Vlad Jr. questions. Best hitting prospect of the last decade ... maybe that we acknowledged, but you're talking to the dolt who had Matt Moore ahead of Mike Trout! A reminder of why I shouldn't trust my own scouting eye, and why I talk to people who know more than me. I had seen tired Trout in the AFL and Moore late in the year when he was spectacular in what, 2011? Ugh ... We certainly had Bryce Harper in that regard, and I know we were all in on Byron Buxton, but not quite to the level of offensive favor that we have for Vlad Guerrero Jr. Vlad Jr. might be an 80 hit, 80 power ... that's hard to beat. That's peak Cabrera or peak Pujols. We're talking that kind of hitter. He's closer to Cabrera I guess because I don't expect him to have Pujols' all-around brilliance, but man, yeah, I think I just answered "yes" in longwinded fashion.

tenor.gif

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:
  •  Vlad Guerrero Jr. Vlad Jr. might be an 80 hit, 80 power ... that's hard to beat.

double-take.gif

• Like 4

I'm over with every other owner in the Acuna thread spinning crazy bs theories about how ATL would be smart to free Ronald. But realistically there's one minor league bat that would actually put butts in seats this Sep. -- this guy. I'm sure he could manage .225/.325/.450 with a couple bombs ROS.

Not happening. Really, really stupid stunt if it were.

But pretty to imagine.