Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

14 minutes ago, 12to6 said:

Vlad is great and all, but how do you not give that to Acuna?

Acuna is great and I think he's deserving of it too or more so. Acuna is more exciting for fantasy because of steals though which get overvalued for fantasy prospects as opposed to real. Vlads bat has probably shown to be more special.

All that being said,I think you can still argue Acuna probably should have got it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Acuna is great and I think he's deserving of it too or more so. Acuna is more exciting for fantasy because of steals though which get overvalued for fantasy prospects as opposed to real. Vlads bat has probably shown to be more special.

All that being said,I think you can still argue Acuna probably should have got it.

Vlad is looking like he's going to win multiple MVPs in the bigs before he is done.  Acuna was great this year too and like you said also deserving.

41 minutes ago, 12to6 said:

Vlad is great and all, but how do you not give that to Acuna?

Because ESPN.

9 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

Because ESPN.

Let's not go claiming this... Vlad honestly is the winner here.  Unless you really think it should go to someone higher up the minor league ladder. 

In which case where's the love for Rhys Hoskins?

As good as Acuna was Vlad's run production was better by quite a bit on a per game basis.  Vlad's OBP was 51 points higher with a far superior contact rate.  Maybe I'm biased here as I have Vlad in all my keepers and Acuna in one but as close as it was I think Vlad edged him out.  If you want to make the argument of giving it to someone higher up in the minors then Hoskins is the clear choice there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FouLLine said:

Let's not go claiming this... Vlad honestly is the winner here.  Unless you really think it should go to someone higher up the minor league ladder. 

In which case where's the love for Rhys Hoskins?

As good as Acuna was Vlad's run production was better by quite a bit on a per game basis.  Vlad's OBP was 51 points higher with a far superior contact rate.  Maybe I'm biased here as I have Vlad in all my keepers and Acuna in one but as close as it was I think Vlad edged him out.  If you want to make the argument of giving it to someone higher up in the minors then Hoskins is the clear choice there.

All three are fairly even IMO, and all great. Just not surprising for ESPN to pick the "name brand". 

26 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

All three are fairly even IMO, and all great. Just not surprising for ESPN to pick the "name brand". 

Well that I can agree too.  Yeah Vlad's name acclaim is a bit better than Hoskins and Acuna.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Well that I can agree too.  Yeah Vlad's name acclaim is a bit better than Hoskins and Acuna.

That was my point more than anything statistically based. All three are beasts.

• Like 1

I feel like Vlad got the "Jr" boost this year.  Although his talent and pedigree are impossible to deny, there we undoubtedly better players in the MiLB this season.

As an 18 year old, his ceiling is what sets him apart.  Here's to another studly season next year!  Not so bold prediction is a cup of coffee for the youngin next season.  

• Like 1

On 9/6/2017 at 9:48 AM, brockpapersizer said:

agreed that Vlad has more chance to be special. I can't remember a prospect who was this talented with the bat. might have to go all the way back to A-Rod. 

To be fair, I wasn't as keen on prospect Bryce Harper as most, and that was clearly a misfire. 

at the same time, I don't want to get too hyped on VladJr, because that sets us up for disappointment... but man.... I think he'd be an .800+ OPS guy right now... and he is 18. Acuna is awfully talented, but I can see a prime of something like .295/.365/.550 (with speed)  whereas Vladdy could be something absurd like .330/.415/.600. 

p.s. out of odd curiosity, are you connected to Razzball in any way?  

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, garlando said:

He won't have the steals Acuna does, nor the defense..... but in every aspect of hitting, he's a better prospect. 

I think in a long term Dynasty, wouldn't be crazy to prefer Vlad over him.  Steals fade and sometimes leave abruptly for some. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

He won't have the steals Acuna does, nor the defense..... but in every aspect of hitting, he's a better prospect. 

I think in a long term Dynasty, wouldn't be crazy to prefer Vlad over him.  Steals fade and sometimes leave abruptly for some. 

I agree. I also feel the past few years BA has given there grades out way to easily. They use to be more strict I feel.

Him and Bo, Biggeo,  and a few other prospects playing for the Jays today against the Canadian Jr team.

6 hours ago, TheBoatmen said:

Him and Bo, Biggeo,  and a few other prospects playing for the Jays today against the Canadian Jr team.

The pitcher Bagglio I think you mean.  He's been edged out of the rotation to start the year.  Bo Bichette and Vlad are quite the beast pair.  Vlad the Baseball Impaler and Bo Mabichette . . . unreal talent.  I have not enough words of praise!

59 minutes ago, STLSU said:

The pitcher Bagglio I think you mean.  He's been edged out of the rotation to start the year.  Bo Bichette and Vlad are quite the beast pair.  Vlad the Baseball Impaler and Bo Mabichette . . . unreal talent.  I have not enough words of praise!

Nope Cavan Biggio.  Son of Craig Biggio.  Future 2B for the Jays.  Pretty good prospect in his own right.  Had a low batting average last year but hit 11 HR and had 11 SB in high A.  I think you might be referring  to Biagini though who also pitched today in another game and did all right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheBoatmen said:

Nope Cavan Biggio.  Son of Craig Biggio.  Future 2B for the Jays.  Pretty good prospect in his own right.  Had a low batting average last year but hit 11 HR and had 11 SB in high A.  I think you might be referring  to Biagini though who also pitched today in another game and did all right.

oh wow no way....3 freaking legendary namesakes.  the Jays know what they are doing after all!

yeah Biagini kinda sucks in comparison lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STLSU said:

oh wow no way....3 freaking legendary namesakes.  the Jays know what they are doing after all!

yeah Biagini kinda sucks in comparison lol.

If only that were the key.  Don't forget about Kacy Clemens who also played in the game.  You could technically include Lourdes Gurriel in the conversation too.  I think big brother was more of a legend than the dad though.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheBoatmen said:

If only that were the key.  Don't forget about Kacy Clemens who also played in the game.  You could technically include Lourdes Gurriel in the conversation too.  I think big brother was more of a legend than the dad though.  

And in an interesting note Braden Halliday pitched for Team Canada in a perfect 8th inning.   I can see him being the next to continue the Blue Jay trend.