Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

30 minutes ago, Superdood43 said:

I moved my 1st rounder Harper for 30th round Vladdy in an 8 keeper league where you keep them forever at the round value.

High price to pay but I gained my 1st round pick in the upcoming draft on top of it, which should be 4th or 5th overall depending on other keepers.

I'm all aboard the hype train to say the least.

Seems like a no Brainer. Even if you think Harper >>>>> vlad long term which is debatable, getting a first rounder puts it over the top.

5 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Seems like a no Brainer. Even if you think Harper >>>>> vlad long term which is debatable, getting a first rounder puts it over the top.

Yeah I thought so too, I love Harper but Vlad should be a monster and the round difference just put me over the top. 

Can't wait to see Vlad crush.

1 hour ago, Superdood43 said:

Yeah I thought so too, I love Harper but Vlad should be a monster and the round difference just put me over the top. 

Can't wait to see Vlad crush.

agree with the post above. Vlad >> Harper in that scenario

On 1/30/2019 at 2:44 PM, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Anyone else trying to get Vlad in dynasty?

I made this offer, which was instantly declined. 
34d5bdf58fa43b14da0d882b04c2c85e.png

This deal probably would have looked better had you made it a 3-for-3 or 4-for-4. Anytime you heavily skew the quantities like this, it's a dead giveaway that you don't even believe you're giving up enough players. I honestly can't even remember the last time I sent out an offer where there wasn't an even number of players being exchanged. Even if it's 3 B+ players for 1 A+ and 2 D players, it's better just to throw in those bad players to make the deal look more legit.

As going trading for Vlad in a dynasty in general, I wouldn't get your hopes up. He's basically untouchable in most leagues. We all know the potential is there, but it's the unknown factor of where he'll end up that makes it hard for the buyer to give up enough to get him, and the seller enough in return to let him go. I also think that there are a lot of people that are slightly overvaluing him. I'm a big Vlad fan and think he's got a good shot at being one of the better players in the game, but from a fantasy perspective he is somewhat limited because he doesn't steal bases. Arenado and J.D. Martinez also don't steal bases either and are great fantasy players as well, but when there are guys like Trout, Betts, Ramirez, Lindor, etc. in the league that contribute to all aspects of the game, it's going to make it tough for Vlad to be a top 5 fantasy player even if he hits his potential. So I have a hard time putting him in the top 10 in a dynasty just yet given there are some limitations to his potential.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I offered Trout in a league I don't care just to know the madness of Guerrero owner and the dude declined the offer and said he wanted Trout + because Guerrero is 19 and Trout 27 ...

Edited by LivingOnTheEdge

9 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

This deal probably would have looked better had you made it a 3-for-3 or 4-for-4. Anytime you heavily skew the quantities like this, it's a dead giveaway that you don't even believe you're giving up enough players. I honestly can't even remember the last time I sent out an offer where there wasn't an even number of players being exchanged. Even if it's 3 B+ players for 1 A+ and 2 D players, it's better just to throw in those bad players to make the deal look more legit.

As going trading for Vlad in a dynasty in general, I wouldn't get your hopes up. He's basically untouchable in most leagues. We all know the potential is there, but it's the unknown factor of where he'll end up that makes it hard for the buyer to give up enough to get him, and the seller enough in return to let him go. I also think that there are a lot of people that are slightly overvaluing him. I'm a big Vlad fan and think he's got a good shot at being one of the better players in the game, but from a fantasy perspective he is somewhat limited because he doesn't steal bases. Arenado and J.D. Martinez also don't steal bases either and are great fantasy players as well, but when there are guys like Trout, Betts, Ramirez, Lindor, etc. in the league that contribute to all aspects of the game, it's going to make it tough for Vlad to be a top 5 fantasy player even if he hits his potential. So I have a hard time putting him in the top 10 in a dynasty just yet given there are some limitations to his potential.

I support this. At a minimum, you need to at least look at what you would be cutting if you were in his shoes. Typically, everyone has some fodder to waive, but when you offer that kind of quantity, it usually means they would be cutting a player similar to what they're getting.

If I am offering a 3 for 1 deal, I will typically at least add one of the players coming back that I know he'll be cutting.

2 minutes ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

I offered Trout in a league I don't care just to know the madness of Guerrero owner and the dude declined the offer and said he wanted Trout + because Guerrero is 19 and Trout 27 ...

Ok, this is stupid. Trout and Betts are both guys I would take straight up as the Vlad owner. Acuna probably as well depending on roster make-up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

That is crazy.

What is the league scoring? If its a points league, maybe...

If its a standard 5x5 category, Vlad Jr wont ever match Trout because of the SBs. At best you're hoping Vlad Jr becomes Nolan Arenado/Miguel Cabrera.

• Thanks 1

Alright, this isn't the AC forums. I've sort of allowed the trade discussion to go because it made some generalizable fantasy points, but we've gotten a little off topic now.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2019 at 5:14 AM, ThreadKiller said:

That's an absolutely atrocious trade offer.

I've always wondered why people offer trades that they themselves would instantly decline if they were the one receiving it. If you know it's a terrible offer, why insult the other owner with a lowball offer? That's not how you trade effectively IMO.

I was a bit on-edge earlier, apologies. 

I know the 4-for-1 (quarter+nickel+dime+penny) are insulting, but they've worked wonders for me.

it's not true to my real personality to do stuff like that, but I treat fantasy purely as a game with the objective to win... and if someone wants to accept one of my 'packages', then I'm pumped. I reject atrocious offers every single day. Insta-declines I call them. Trade offers where you know the answer is '"no" the second you see the offer. Awful, awful ones. All the time. This morning I was offered Xander Bogaerts+Eddie Rosario for Ronald Acuna in a keep-8-forever league. I clicked 'decline' and haven't thought about it again until now. EDITORS NOTE: this first paragraph will have become ironic by the end of paragraph 3

Sometimes I get a little sloppy... a little reckless (stoned)  and fire off some bad ones. And for that I apologize. I overvalue my guys, and talk myself out of yours. I sling trade offers at midnight like that sleazy guy at the bar... "you'll do!"    But it's just fantasy. Not to mention, sometimes teams need depth, and losing one stud for four solid pieces can be a truly advantageous move. In deep leagues, you can win with depth as well as superstars. That's certainly not to say I'm endorsing trading away Vladdy Guerrero. No way. I own him in one dynasty, and I can't really think of any scenario where I'd trade him. Even if someone was like "here is Lindor + Arenado", I'd be reluctant... because owning Vladdy for his whole career is way more fun. It's like having a young Charizard. Rare and holographic. 

I won't bore you with all my 'package' offers that have been accepted (thereby pushing me to offer more of them)... but of note: early last year in dynasty I flipped Kris Bryant for Alex Bregman+Xander Bogaerts, and a "package" of AJ Pollock, Ian Anderson, Mike Clevinger, and Jose Martinez for Ronald Acuna. Awful in retrospect... but sometimes you can get in there and snag a great talent pre-blowup. That said... the GM of that team should be fired. And both team owners in each respective dynasty league quit at the end of the season. So maybe that's a downside. That my trades make people quit  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll get off this stool now and get things off league-specific material, which is roughly the equivalent of early-80's 'communism' speak in America. 

Regards,

Boof Bonser 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 9:20 PM, LivingOnTheEdge said:

You got saved from a bad decision by someone who was eager to make a worse decision.

If there was ever a time to celebrate your trade getting rejected, you achieved that. I'm almost jealous. Congratulations.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I was a bit on-edge earlier, apologies. 

I know the 4-for-1 (quarter+nickel+dime+penny) are insulting, but they've worked wonders for me.

it's not true to my real personality to do stuff like that, but I treat fantasy purely as a game with the objective to win... and if someone wants to accept one of my 'packages', then I'm pumped. I reject atrocious offers every single day. Insta-declines I call them. Trade offers where you know the answer is '"no" the second you see the offer. Awful, awful ones. All the time. This morning I was offered Xander Bogaerts+Eddie Rosario for Ronald Acuna in a keep-8-forever league. I clicked 'decline' and haven't thought about it again until now. EDITORS NOTE: this first paragraph will have become ironic by the end of paragraph 3

Sometimes I get a little sloppy... a little reckless (stoned)  and fire off some bad ones. And for that I apologize. I overvalue my guys, and talk myself out of yours. I sling trade offers at midnight like that sleazy guy at the bar... "you'll do!"    But it's just fantasy. Not to mention, sometimes teams need depth, and losing one stud for four solid pieces can be a truly advantageous move. In deep leagues, you can win with depth as well as superstars. That's certainly not to say I'm endorsing trading away Vladdy Guerrero. No way. I own him in one dynasty, and I can't really think of any scenario where I'd trade him. Even if someone was like "here is Lindor + Arenado", I'd be reluctant... because owning Vladdy for his whole career is way more fun. It's like having a young Charizard. Rare and holographic. 

I won't bore you with all my 'package' offers that have been accepted (thereby pushing me to offer more of them)... but of note: early last year in dynasty I flipped Kris Bryant for Alex Bregman+Xander Bogaerts, and a "package" of AJ Pollock, Ian Anderson, Mike Clevinger, and Jose Martinez for Ronald Acuna. Awful in retrospect... but sometimes you can get in there and snag a great talent pre-blowup. That said... the GM of that team should be fired. And both team owners in each respective dynasty league quit at the end of the season. So maybe that's a downside. That my trades make people quit  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll get off this stool now and get things off league-specific material, which is roughly the equivalent of early-80's 'communism' speak in America. 

Regards,

Boof Bonser 

Well said. This is 100% my trading  philosophy as well. It’s like sitting down at a poker table. One of the first things you should do is try to spot the fish. And when you do, if you don’t go after them, chances are someone else will and they’ll be getting all their chips.

• Like 2

First time MLB Network has ever graded a minor league hit tool at 80.

• Like 2

This guy is going to cost insane amounts for a rookie in auction leagues (Yahoo based).

He's already projected at $19. He's going to cost up in the $30's is my guess in most leagues. 

I'm going to miss out on him due to this... there's just too much talent (esp. at 3b) for me to get in a bidding war for a player who hasn't played a single game in the majors. 

Points leagues, maybe I'm buying, but in 5x5 no freaking way. He won't ever run, and the lineup around him is very questionable. Yeah, maybe he pops off for .315 with 30 homers, but he could easily finish the season hitting fewer than 30 homers and not reaching 100 RBIs or Runs. Combined with the fat zero you get in steals, I just cannot see myself buying in redraft.

2 hours ago, Saucy said:

Points leagues, maybe I'm buying, but in 5x5 no freaking way. He won't ever run, and the lineup around him is very questionable. Yeah, maybe he pops off for .315 with 30 homers, but he could easily finish the season hitting fewer than 30 homers and not reaching 100 RBIs or Runs. Combined with the fat zero you get in steals, I just cannot see myself buying in redraft.

seems to be valued fairly compared to other 3b going around vlad and other players like votto, Abreu, j up

carp- no steals, no avg

rendon- no steals, unlikely to hit 25+ bombs

suarez career year across the board. I guess you could make a case for him

I will probably take vlad every chance I can around pick 45-55 if that's vlad draft day price

Donaldson going a couple rds later looks more appealing but that will likely change as the season approaches but wouldn't mind get both Donaldson and vlad

• Like 1

sucks you really have no chance to get vlad in redraft snake unless you have early/mid pick. unless you really want to reach 

another reason not to want pick 8-12 

Edited by colepenhagen

59 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

sucks you really have no chance to get vlad in redraft snake unless you have early/mid pick. unless you really want to reach 

another reason not to want pick 8-12 

I dont really see the point of Vlad in redraft at his current price. 

7 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I dont really see the point of Vlad in redraft at his current price. 

I’ve done 2 $ league drafts thus far (12 team standard roto) and he’s gone 38th and 42nd. I love Vlad Jr as much as anyone but I won’t own any shares at this cost.

Reach !!!!  Have some fun . You’ll be glad you did . It’s only a game . 

• Like 1

This guys minor league peripherals are off the charts.  I am buying.

57 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

There has to be a little bit of a higher bust or 40/45 probability for a prospect who is 6'1" and 240 lbs at like 19.  His weight could definitely effect the outcome of his career.

3 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

There has to be a little bit of a higher bust or 40/45 probability for a prospect who is 6'1" and 240 lbs at like 19.  His weight could definitely effect the outcome of his career.

Maybe, just quoting two of the most respected scouts in the business.