Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Wait, let me get this straight. The news on Vlad Jr broke 3 days ago. Since then you’ve had 100 or so friends do dynasty drafts and they’ve communicated with you where Vlad Jr has been drafted?

You never use forums before?  NFBC shows a dip too.  Prior to 3/10, his ADP was 41.76 with a low of 67 and a high of 17. Since 3/10 his ADP is 56.06 with a low of 87 and a high of 36.  Feel free to sort yourself with this link:  https://playnfbc.shgn.com/adp
 

Edited by daynlokki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2019 at 5:42 AM, osb_tensor said:

i'm not claiming vlad's weight won't cause him problems or will, it's totally unpredictable from what we know, but just to dispel the notion that he can't have a good career because of his weight: prince fielder was listed at 6'1" 240 when drafted and had 10 seasons of 157 games or more played, with nine of those coming in his first 10 seasons in the league. obviously he had a substantial medical issues that cost him the end of his baseball career, but predicting what might happen to vlad now or 10 years from now is a silly exercise. there are examples of fit guys who can't stay healthy (pollock, dahl, etc.) and unfit guys who stay on the field (colon, billy butler, etc.). 

 

Colon has also had 2 oblique strains in his career, the last being 2017 I believe when he was on the Braves.  Don't quote me on the last part.

Also, while the years and games he played were correct, Prince Fielder is listed at 5'11" on baseball reference.  Don't believe he shrunk in his career.

Edited by daynlokki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

You never use forums before?  NFBC shows a dip too.  Prior to 3/10, his ADP was 41.76 with a low of 67 and a high of 17. Since 3/10 his ADP is 56.06 with a low of 87 and a high of 36.  Feel free to sort yourself with this link:  https://playnfbc.shgn.com/adp
 

I use forums all the time I just never refer to other forum posters as my friends. Maybe it’s just me. Also, you’re post I was referencing clearly mentioned dynasty leagues and what you linked was for redrafts. Obviously his redraft ADP is dropping some, as it should. This should not be news to anyone.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I use forums all the time I just never refer to other forum posters as my friends. Maybe it’s just me. Also, you’re post I was referencing clearly mentioned dynasty leagues and what you linked was for redrafts. Obviously his redraft ADP is dropping some, as it should. This should not be news to anyone.

Anyone who sees those should assume the earliest drafted would be dynasty... I mean, I doubt he was drafted 17th in redraft before and now that's 36... He just dropped 19 spots in what any logical fantasy owner should know as his dynasty ADP.  Since you have been around for awhile, I'd assume you also would know that, meaning you are trying to argue just to argue now.  I linked a way for you to literally check by dates.

Edited by daynlokki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

Anyone who sees those should assume the earliest drafted would be dynasty... I mean, I doubt he was drafted 17th in redraft before and now that's 36... He just dropped 19 spots in what any logical fantasy owner should know as his dynasty ADP.  Since you have been around for awhile, I'd assume you also would know that, meaning you are trying to argue just to argue now.  I linked a way for you to literally check by dates.

I have been around for awhile but I’m not arguing just to argue. In fact I’m 99% sure the data you keep linking is referring to redraft leagues. If the NFBC even offers dynasty leagues that’s news to me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I have been around for awhile but I’m not arguing just to argue. In fact I’m 99% sure the data you keep linking is referring to redraft leagues. If the NFBC even offers dynasty leagues that’s news to me.

You may be correct on that one, but either way his standard league ADP is cratering already.  Vlad was a top 10 in dynasties before the injury, now everywhere I see it he's dropping into the 20's.  Of course, Lindor's dynasty ADP dropped a bit with his injury as well.  I just feel like if he can't keep his weight in check, he must not have the mental fortitude to handle a slump either.  It's not THAT difficult to keep yourself in shape during a season, and he's already shown he can't do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's certainly possible weight is an issue for his career but also ridiculous to predict With certainty right now. He's 19, that's a lot of time to learn some lessons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

I think it's certainly possible weight is an issue for his career but also ridiculous to predict With certainty right now. He's 19, that's a lot of time to learn some lessons. 

How many 19 year olds do you see that make that change?  19 is when you make the mistakes, not when you necessarily fix them.  Weight for some people is just as hard to get rid of as a drug addiction, because they are addicted to the food itself.  They stress eat.  Which is what it seems Vlad is doing unfortunately.  Doubt that gets better without a LOT of counceling along with the team stepping in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, daynlokki said:

How many 19 year olds do you see that make that change?  19 is when you make the mistakes, not when you necessarily fix them.  Weight for some people is just as hard to get rid of as a drug addiction, because they are addicted to the food itself.  They stress eat.  Which is what it seems Vlad is doing unfortunately.  Doubt that gets better without a LOT of counceling along with the team stepping in.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26135364/blue-jays-vlad-jr-working-conditioning

Just read this article that was posted a week ago. Not sure if it was mentioned in the thread but it seems like he's on the right path. He has a support system around him and knows what he needs to do. I think since there isn't anything to complain about with his bat, everyone feels the need to worry about something which I understand since he is huge for his age.. but with the team voicing their concerns, his HOF dad behind him, and all the resources in the world to support him, I think he will be ok. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DannyMcPot said:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26135364/blue-jays-vlad-jr-working-conditioning

Just read this article that was posted a week ago. Not sure if it was mentioned in the thread but it seems like he's on the right path. He has a support system around him and knows what he needs to do. I think since there isn't anything to complain about with his bat, everyone feels the need to worry about something which I understand since he is huge for his age.. but with the team voicing their concerns, his HOF dad behind him, and all the resources in the world to support him, I think he will be ok. 

This quote from Vlad makes the whole thing suspect, "Guerrero told ESPN that has been his average weight for the past two years."  He wasn't 250 the beginning of last year, not even close.  Based on the article, it's been an ongoing problem since he signed considering they told him to lose 20 lbs then.  He may have lost it, but it came back with buddies.  That shows a lack of mental toughness if he knew he needed to work on it and it continually comes up.  If the only way he can keep his weight down is with direct help from his grandma I don't see it lasting long.  I mean, how old is she?  What is he going to do then when she passes?  Would the team bring her on every road trip?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to share this since I found it hilarious.  At this point, Vlad Jr and LeBron James weigh the same.  That's with LeBron being 6 inches taller lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

Have to share this since I found it hilarious.  At this point, Vlad Jr and LeBron James weigh the same.  That's with LeBron being 6 inches taller lol.

The other hilarious thing is both guys will have made their Hay in the East.  Hopefully for Vlad Jr if he ever moves west like Lebron he doesn’t fall flat on his face (his Dad didn’t).

Edited by Cmilne23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little unclear on his status and how this will work.  Will they eventually put him on the IL?  Or has he not technically been called up yet and thus will just remain DTD status?  Pls halp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will begin the season in the minors until he's healthy and gets some rehab swings. He wont be on the IL

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

I'm a little unclear on his status and how this will work.  Will they eventually put him on the IL?  Or has he not technically been called up yet and thus will just remain DTD status?  Pls halp.

Correct, he will be sent to the minors and not the IL

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's real, real disappointing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

That's real, real disappointing. 

Pretty standard stuff. Player never called up will go on the MiL DL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like he's healthy enough to play tonight. So maybe he wont be down long. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RBI Sports said:

Looks like he's healthy enough to play tonight. So maybe he wont be down long. 

 

Where’s he playing tonight? Did a quick twitter search and couldn’t find anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MSU2661 said:

Where’s he playing tonight? Did a quick twitter search and couldn’t find anything

Go to the box score at mlb.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RBI Sports said:

Looks like he's healthy enough to play tonight. So maybe he wont be down long. 

 

Link pplease😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
https://www.mlb.com/gameday/brewers-vs-blue-jays/2019/03/25/568401?#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=568401

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are confusing Gurriel Jr for Vlad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rrrich46 said:

Pretty standard stuff. Player never called up will go on the MiL DL 

Oh yeah I completely agree.  I mean disappointing for me bc I didn't do my research and thought he was an opening-day roster guy. 

 

Don't worry, it'll all be worth it when he is dropping bombs all summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.