Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

Vladdy Jr. against one of the highest upside pitchers in the minors...takes him deep!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, garlando said:

Vladdy Jr. against one of the highest upside pitchers in the minors...takes him deep!

As an owner of both ?

Glad Pearson probably won't face  Vlad in the bigs!

Vlad is special. Pujols/Miggy type upside with hopefully the year to year dominant consistency they provided. 

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TheDarkside85 said:

Is 2019 still projected, or is this year possible? 

It sounds dumb to have him up for less next year unless the blue jays are competing and they think he can help. 

I figured this year was an extreme stretch, but the fact he's still in there spring training made me wonder if mid season was an outside chance.

It's such an outside chance that he makes it, but I couldn't help stashing him in my last "NA" spot for the last pick of my draft.

• Like 1

I believe my league rules are alot differant then how alot of your leagues go. It is dynasty, but would like some comparisons. Is there a website, or a rundown out there? 

18 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Man, watching this had me so excited for baseball. What a moment.

Going to see the Yardgoats home opener April 6th to see them play the Fisher Cats. Vlad, Bo and Brendan Rodgers in the same game. Gonna be a treat.

9 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

I think I'm in love

You should be. In 1 year from now he will be getting this Acuna hype as people anxiously await his debut. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

You should be. In 1 year from now he will be getting this Acuna hype as people anxiously await his debut. 

What if he scotches AA and AAA to smithereens? 

Can they keep him down?? 

The only 80 hit tool ever awarded to a prospect 

Edited by bigbossman
Typo

the real problem that I see, and its just nitpicking is that Vladdy Jr is already built like the 33 year old version of SR.  He better keep his weight in check

• Like 2

I'm in a keeper league (keep 8 max) with only 3 bench spots and no NA slots, and I'm committed to stashing and holding Vlad Jr. all season. 

Crazy or crafty?

48 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

I'm in a keeper league (keep 8 max) with only 3 bench spots and no NA slots, and I'm committed to stashing and holding Vlad Jr. all season. 

Crazy or crafty?

Whatever your chances are of winning this year, you are decreasing it. Especially in a daily league 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Whatever your chances are of winning this year, you are decreasing it. Especially in a daily league 

I agree with you. However (and not to derail the thread), Vlad Jr. will also be a huge trade chip later in the season when it becomes clear who is a contender and who needs to focus on the future. So while I may be faced with a roster crunch at different points in the season, I think the long term value is well worth it, whether it's as a member of my foundation for years to come or as a trade chip that can be flipped for a stud at the trade deadline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjb03003 said:

Crazy or crafty?

If things continue to progress the way they have been I will be grabbing him once he hits AAA in my 3 original round keeper league with 5 bench spots and no NA if that helps.  I got mocked by my league mates for doing something similar with Acuna last year but now I got to keep him for a last round pick and will likely have him at below market value for 3-4 years.  It hurts your team a bit this year but the payoff, either as trade bait prior to the deadline or as a long term keeper prospect, is worth it in the truly elite hitting prospects, and Vlad certainly fits into that category.

Kinda getting into bench coach/fantasy strategy territory here, but that's just my 2 cents.  You could easily argue against that strategy.

In his chat yesterday Keith Law thinks Vlad will get the call this season 

1 hour ago, bigbossman said:

If the Jays are in contention at all for the WC I can totally see both Bichette and Vlad getting the call later this year.

With additions of Alford Teoscar Vlad and Bichette this year they could go from a subpar line up to formiddable.

Edited by Dirtywater97

2 hours ago, bigbossman said:

Eno Sarris mentioned the same thing on The Athletic -- but only about Vlad, not Bo.