Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

I'm starting to doubt he was hurt at all. I think he will be up soon after the season starts given 3 of the top 4 prospects will be on opening day rosters.

TOR is prolly paying attention to whats going on in washington, chicago, and san diego.

It's such a bad look on TOR's part.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

TOR is prolly paying attention to whats going on in washington, chicago, and san diego.

It's such a bad look on TOR's part.

How is it a bad look?  If Vlad isn't injured, he's playing along with it.  I mean, he literally has to just say through his agent, 'I'm not injured' and the Blue Jays would be pretty much obligated to bring him up.... yet he's not.  So therefore he IS injured, and why would they put him on the major league DL as a minor league player.  That doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I mean, have you ever had an oblique injury?  Even a level 1 strain stills hurts like hell.  Everything you do involves your core in some way, meaning it's extremely easy to reinjure more severely.  Last thing they need is a more severe injury like that.

• Thanks 1

Can't say this is a fake injury. There's no incentive for Vlad to play along with a fake injury that's costing him millions. 

• Like 1

Acuna went through the same treatment last year before he got the call.  Got to be patient with this. 

• Like 1

I just hope this injury, whether real or not, has given him and the organization time to get him on some sort of diet. Dude looked pretty bad for a young professional athlete. If they don't establish some sort of restrictions on him in the meal line this isn't gonna end well.......

• Haha 1

Let's hope he's covering for a stapled stomach.

Hmm he got "injured" a few days before his birthday huh?

fry_squinting.gif

Kidding kidding I'm sure it's real to some extent.  Ya'll need to relax we knew they'd take their time with him, doubly so if it's even possible he's hurt.  And it's not like he wasn't on the tubby side last year when he established himself as one of the best prospects we've ever seen. Just be patient and enjoy the ride.

Kendrys Morales just traded to OAK. Hmmmmm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kwelch said:

Kendrys Morales just traded to OAK. Hmmmmm.

Just opened up a DH spot for him or Tellez.

1d ago
Minas Panagiotakis / Getty Images Sport / Getty
MONTREAL, QC - MARCH 27: Vladimir Guerrero Jr. #27 of the Toronto Blue Jays acknowledges the fans after hitting a home run in the bottom of the ninth against the St. Louis Cardinals during the MLB preseason game at Olympic Stadium on March 27, 2018 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The Toronto Blue Jays defeated the St. Louis Cardinals 1-0.
Presented byh48_2000px-Stihl_Logo.svg.png

Toronto Blue Jays president Mark Shapiro revealed Thursday that Vladimir Guerrero Jr.will be up with the team when he is healthy.

"Absolutely, yea," Shapiro told Jamie Campbell of Sportsnet. "We just need to get him healthy first and need to address the other things that we mentioned at the outset of spring training, perhaps the things that led to that injury. You know, ensuring that his routines are major-league caliber and ensuring that he has the proper foundation under him when he comes up here.

"We've said all along, he's on an expedited time frame ... we are not holding him back, we're speeding him up. We just want to make sure he's got the best foundation possible when he gets here, which will be on an accelerated time frame."

https://www.tsn.ca/atkins-guerrero-almost-ready-for-game-action-1.1281116

Vladdy to play this weekend, but not in majors

TSN.ca Staff

Toronto Blue Jays third baseman Vladimir Guerrero Jr. will be ready for game action this weekend in either Buffalo with the Jays' Triple-A affiliate or in Florida with extended spring training, general manager Ross Atkins said Thursday.

-------------------

Well... at least it sounds like he's probably be up after his "rehab assignment", which I would expect to be in about 2-3 weeks (after the service time date).

Haven't heard much lately. Saw he played in dunedin. Any guess when he's coming up? 

53 minutes ago, molski said:

Haven't heard much lately. Saw he played in dunedin. Any guess when he's coming up? 

3 for 12, 2B, 1 RBI, 1BB, 1KO so far.  Health is all I'm concerned about and he hasn't played back to back games, yet.  If healthy, my dart throw is Home Series 4/23 against SF.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kelle1sa said:

3 for 12, 2B, 1 RBI, 1BB, 1KO so far.  Health is all I'm concerned about and he hasn't played back to back games, yet.  If healthy, my dart throw is Home Series 4/23 against SF.

Agreed 4/23 seems most likely right now. Very remote chance he's up Friday vs Tampa.

• Like 2

April 12th is the service time manipulation date, correct? 15 days from opening day, March 28th. 

On 4/9/2019 at 12:03 PM, kelle1sa said:

If healthy, my dart throw is Home Series 4/23 against SF.

21 hours ago, smeeze said:

Agreed 4/23 seems most likely right now. Very remote chance he's up Friday vs Tampa.

I agree. April 23 was my target date from the beginning for his Blue Jays debut. However where he's still just getting back into the groove of this it wouldn't completely surprise me if it's a bit longer.

13 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

April 12th is the service time manipulation date, correct? 15 days from opening day, March 28th. 

Yeah I have April 13th as the first possible game. See my post from back in January for more detail.

On 1/22/2019 at 1:03 AM, Idoolittle said:

Based on my understanding, there are 187 days in the 2019 MLB regular season. To count a "full year" of service time for a player, he must be in the majors for 172 days. Therefore, in order to avoid the "full year" and gain the extra year of control, the Jays must wait until 171 days or less remain in the season. Opening day (i.e. the day 187 days remain) is March 28. Therefore, 171 days would remain on April 13.

Note that the Jays play game #2 of 3 against Tampa at home April 13. Immediately following that series, the Jays go on the road for 4 games @ MIN, then 3 games @ OAK. They then have a day off April 22, followed by a 2 game series at home vs SF, another day off, a 3 game series at home vs OAK, then another day off before hitting the road again.

Also note that the Buffalo Bisons (Jays AAA Affiliate) are on the road April 13. They stay on the road until April 18, in which they have a day off, followed by 3 games in 2 days at home, a day off the 21, then back on the road April 22.

Nobody knows for sure when he'll be called up. There are so many factors in play, including whether Vlad's even healthy or playing at a major league level at the time. But I'd like to think ownership would probably want him up before those 5 home games that follow April 22. So barring any setbacks, my guess is that he's called up sometime between April 13 - April 22. I would lean closer to the 22nd, just because it works out well in the scheduling and it looks bad if they call him up immediately after losing the full year of service. But again, who knows what will happen. Just going to have to wait and see.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I agree. April 23 was my target date from the beginning for his Blue Jays debut. However where he's still just getting back into the groove of this it wouldn't completely surprise me if it's a bit longer.

Yeah I have April 13th as the first possible game. See my post from back in January for more detail.

Back to back games for the first time last night, which is a great step.  If he plays regularly over the next 2 weeks without issue, I see the 23rd happening.

• Like 1

Just now, hailtoyourvictor said:

Anyone got video of the home run? 

• Like 3

The injury definitely saved Toronto from looking bad.....Mets of all teams going with Alonso from the start - and him responding by raking - would put a lot of pressure on them...

The kid is ready now - he looks healthy - played in back to back games - they locked him in for another year - bring him up to play tomorrow.  

• Like 1