Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

Espn blurb wrote that atkins said vladdy is not mere days away. Even with an extra year of control, they will not play him

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Espn blurb wrote that atkins said vladdy is not mere days away. Even with an extra year of control, they will not play him

I saw that, too. Maybe it's supposed to say NOW instead of NOT mere days away----contradicting statements/reports, if not...

I know; not the case. just  hoping haha

Edited by WTP333

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, bigbossman said:

This post didn't age very well...OP was asking Vlad or AJ Reed

Totally fair point. That aged very poorly and was pretty wrong.

In my defense it was early 2016. Every list basically had Reed ahead of Vlad. Not sure Vlad was on many top 100s at the time. Even at the time of saying that I owned Vlad Jr, when 99% of people didn’t. In my dynasty startup last year, which is my main league now, we had a minor league draft and I took Reed in middle round 1 (worst pick of the first round easily) but took Vlad at pick 120 (best pick of the draft perhaps). I traded AJ Reed for a high salaried Strasburg at some point and still have Vlad Jr to this day. That being said, I learned a lot of lessons on AJ Reed, mostly the importance of bat speed. I think Reed could still be a back end MI option if he gets moved to a team who needs him. He’s had under 10 major league PAs since 2017

Also, it did take Vlad 4 years at least, and I'm glad to have waited on him.  In deeper minors leagues, you need some upside shots to wait on for multiple years. Also, probably not even one of my worst takes.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

I'd take anything that is reported about Vlad until he is called up with a grain of salt.  The team gains absolutely nothing by holding him down in AAA for anything other than to actually give him at bats like they have said.  They gain nothing by jerking him and everyone else around by keeping him down there just to keep him down there.

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

I'd take anything that is reported about Vlad until he is called up with a grain of salt.  The team gains absolutely nothing by holding him down in AAA for anything other than to actually give him at bats like they have said.  They gain nothing by jerking him and everyone else around by keeping him down there just to keep him down there.

I do think he will be up this month. That being said, last year we were kinda in the same spot after a few weeks. There was no real reason to keep him down based on their major league roster outside of "we aren't competitive this year, whats the point". Technically speaking, that's still the case.   I'm guessing there would be too much more outrage if they kept him down for another full year, but honestly, there should have been more outrage last year. 

• Like 1

With a year of control secured, would they really lose money and fans if they called him up? 

They need to get this guy up. I'm heavily invested in him. Hoping for 300BA+ 20hrs+ and a really fun guy to own.

8 hours ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

They sat him two straight games. Man a Sunday morning call up would be cool.

Him sitting two games doesn't sound promising. Hope he's not hurt again.

32 minutes ago, RBI Sports said:

Him sitting two games doesn't sound promising. Hope he's not hurt again.

It was a scheduled day off Saturday.

The Blue Jays haven't set a specific timeline for Guerrero's Major League debut, but general manager Ross Atkins said the team expects it will be "sooner than later."

https://www.mlb.com/news/vladimir-guerrero-jr-news

18 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

And Friday? 

He played in what looks like a rained shortened game, I believe? Went 0-1, with a BB.  So 2 PAs over a 5 inning game.

2 minutes ago, kelle1sa said:

He played in what looks like a rained shortened game, I believe? Went 0-1, with a BB.  So 2 PAs over a 5 inning game.

Not sure where I got that from then

If he’s not called up by tomorrow I will be shocked 

• Like 1

Just now, exaulz said:

Stop it you're getting me way too excited!!!!

1 hour ago, exaulz said:

I’m guessing the 23rd

April 13, 2019
While Guerrero may not debut this weekend, he will be up "sooner than later," according to general manager Ross Atkins, Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca reports. "It's about getting built up and getting into really just regular-season form and being hopefully ready to make a debut at some point soon," Atkins said.
ANALYSIS
The Blue Jays have now waited long enough that they have Guerrero under team control for this year and the following six MLB seasons. It seems likely that Guerrero will be up for the team's next homestand, which begins April 23 against the Giants. He has only played in two games with Triple-A Buffalo, going 2-for-5 with a home run, two walks and zero strikeouts. Guerrero has apparently slimmed down since spring training and now weighs closer to 240 pounds than the 250 pounds at which he is listed.

Analysis is parsing words as bad as Atkins in the quote. I'm taking "closer to 240 than 250" as 244.5.

Still, 5 lbs is a lot in a short time, and indicates that team/Vlad/Grammie are working together to get thimgs under control.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

Analysis is parsing words as bad as Atkins in the quote. I'm taking "closer to 240 than 250" as 244.5.

Still, 5 lbs is a lot in a short time, and indicates that team/Vlad/Grammie are working together to get thimgs under control.

5lbs is nothing its probably only water weight lol ... dude is overweight ... I weight myself at night i'm 5lbs heavier than in the morning lol.

Edited by LivingOnTheEdge
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, bdy1 said:

But, with the same parsing, using exactly 250 probably meant he weighed more than that.  So, in actuality, he could have lost more which is pretty impressive to me.