Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

Posted (edited)

Brace Yourselves. Vladdy's coming. 

Edited by DannyMcPot

The only reason i can think of that he hasn't been promoted yet is if they're working on a massive contract.  

Otherwise, this is mountains of idiocy.   

Remind me! In: 24 hours

8 hours ago, DannyMcPot said:

Brace Yourselves. Vladdy's coming. 

This aged well

2 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

This aged well

I should've known with Nightengale. Guy hasn't gotten 1 report correct in his whole life. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Remind me! In: 72 hours

Until it happens you can't get too excited.  It makes sense for him to come up this week during the homestand, BUT, there were chances to call him up in the past that did not happen so I won't be shocked if they keep him down until the following homestand starting May 6th or even May 20th

I honestly believe he'd be up tonight but the Leafs and Raptors both have playoff games... the Jays will want all eyes on them. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I honestly believe he'd be up tonight but the Leafs and Raptors both have playoff games... the Jays will want all eyes on them. 

Could the Jays handling of this be anymore absurd? I hope Vlad announces he will never sign any long term deal with them immediately after getting called up

I like how they are handling it this week

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Ben Nicholson-SmithVerified account @bnicholsonsmith 13s14 seconds ago

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. now in the triple-A lineup for a third straight day. A first for him this year. If there’s a reason he shouldn’t be in the #BlueJays’ lineup Friday, I haven’t heard it.

A day or two after Bichette had his hand broken on a pitch, one would think the Jays wouldn't test fate with his call-up imminent.   I mean, seriously.   His participation in any more games at this level is absolutely pointless.  

Edited by tm30
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Guys this call up thing is getting way out of control. I own him in three different leagues and I can’t wait for him to come up but I’m not on here asking has anybody heard anything or does anybody know anything because truly nobody does on this forum or any other for him let’s just wait and see

Edited by motown magic

15 minutes ago, tm30 said:

A day or two after Bichette had his hand broken on a pitch, one would think the Jays wouldn't test fate with his call-up imminent.   I mean, seriously.   His participation in any more games at this level is absolutely pointless.  

They should never play him in general. Protect his hand and service time indefinitely. Championship moves. 

• Haha 2

totally disagree with the Bichette break hand point. Even if Vladdy gets hurt in AAA it would just push his arrival past June 20ish for the Super 2 deadline. Which saves the Jays a lot of coin. If Vladdy got called up and got hurt he would have to stay on MLB IR til healthy which ticks his extra year of control value down plus kicks his arbitration cycle a year early. That is lose lose for the Jays. Every day Vladdy stays down is less likely the Jays call him up before Super 2 time.

3 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

totally disagree with the Bichette break hand point. Even if Vladdy gets hurt in AAA it would just push his arrival past June 20ish for the Super 2 deadline. Which saves the Jays a lot of coin. If Vladdy got called up and got hurt he would have to stay on MLB IR til healthy which ticks his extra year of control value down plus kicks his arbitration cycle a year early. That is lose lose for the Jays. Every day Vladdy stays down is less likely the Jays call him up before Super 2 time.

In a year where other teams are signing their young stars to long term deals or ignoring service time entirely, and baseball is talking about changing the rules and fans are pissed off, waiting until super 2 to save a few mil seems like a super cheap move which should turn off lots of fans and also prevent merchandise sales.

28 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

not falling for that trick again Hazel

Lol the ole trick of boosting ticket sales based on the hype of a call up only to be disappointed and re-sold on Stub hub

• Haha 1