Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

Recommended Posts

ETA to AAA? I have some friends in the Buffalo area and would love to see him in person.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bigbossman said:

3 for 3, HR, 6 RBIs (career high)

 

call him up already

 

seriously... at this rate I think there will be pressure to give him the call in late June. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should be noted that whatever Vladdy Jr. does in the Eastern League this year, he will be doing so as the youngest in the league by far! He's 1 year and 11 days younger than the next youngest player in the league which is his teammate Bo Bichette. Currently, Guerrero Jr. is slashing .304/.379/.696 with 2 HRs, and 5 BBs against 2 Ks in 30 PAs. All told he's been worth a 195 wRC+ so far...and that's with just a .238 BAPIP.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, garlando said:

It should be noted that whatever Vladdy Jr. does in the Eastern League this year, he will be doing so as the youngest in the league by far! He's 1 year and 11 days younger than the next youngest player in the league which is his teammate Bo Bichette. Currently, Guerrero Jr. is slashing .304/.379/.696 with 2 HRs, and 5 BBs against 2 Ks in 30 PAs. All told he's been worth a 195 wRC+ so far...and that's with just a .238 BAPIP.

This had me stumped for a minute. A babip lower than average? I guess HR's aren't counted in babip. Either way, off to an excellent start, and crazy that he was born in 1999. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Im in - picked him up in 2 redraft leagues where I have an extra bench spot....I'd rather have a short bench with a potential league winner lotto ticket than a crappy back up infielder.  If you wait much longer he'll be gone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Tuna said:

Ok Im in - picked him up in 2 redraft leagues where I have an extra bench spot....I'd rather have a short bench with a potential league winner lotto ticket than a crappy back up infielder.  If you wait much longer he'll be gone.  

 

200.gif

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Tuna said:

Ok Im in - picked him up in 2 redraft leagues where I have an extra bench spot....I'd rather have a short bench with a potential league winner lotto ticket than a crappy back up infielder.  If you wait much longer he'll be gone.  

 

You're banking on A.) Making your league's playoffs the 2nd week of April and B.) Vlad Jr. getting called up this year AND making enough of an impact to carry you to a championship.

 

In redrafts, I'm waiting at least until he's called up to AAA; and even then plan on gauging coach/gm speak to decide if I want to grab him for this year. I'd be using that extra bench spot to stream SP.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Josh Donaldson to the DL, im not sayin, im just sayin.

Keep dreaming ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 4:27 PM, mavsfan23 said:

This had me stumped for a minute. A babip lower than average? I guess HR's aren't counted in babip. Either way, off to an excellent start, and crazy that he was born in 1999. 

 

Homers aren’t counted because they aren’t  in play (for defense)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys think he’s called up to the big leagues at some point this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 9703 said:

You guys think he’s called up to the big leagues at some point this year?

 

Highly doubt it, but any keeper league (especially ones that have an NA spot), you'd have to very strongly consider rostering him now.

 

Wouldn't pay any attention to him in redrafts though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 9703 said:

You guys think he’s called up to the big leagues at some point this year?

 

Might get a cup of coffee in September

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Vlad and Bo will get to AAA sometime in July once they prove that AA pitching is no match for either of them (personally i think both could more than hold their own against big league pitching if they got the chance).

 

And if that happens and they continue raking,  I think a cup of coffee in September is in the works 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vlad just named AA player of the week after destroying their feeble pitching.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was listening to a Fangraphs podcast and they made an interesting point. This is the last year the Jays are able to contend with Happ and Donaldson set to be free agents and Smoak's being in his 30s. They said they wouldn't be shocked if both Vlad and Bichette are up around Super 2 if the team keeps performing and those two keep mashing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

 They said they wouldn't be shocked if both Vlad and Bichette are up around Super 2 if the team keeps performing and those two keep mashing.

Next year's Super 2 I'm assuming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rrrrich46 said:

Next year's Super 2 I'm assuming?

 

He meant to say THIS year. I think that's not super likely, but it's possible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The optimist in me can see it happening for sure. More so with Vlad than Bichette. Vlad has pretty much has his way with AA and I think he could easily handle AAA. If they need the firepower at the tail end of their window with their older vets and are in contention for the wild card....

 

Orioles and the Rays seem especially bad this year in the East. I can see them being in contention enough to give it a shot. They already called up Teoscar and Lourdes and they seem to have given them a jolt. Why not Vlad too?

 

Edit: Just want to clarify still post June maybe July-ish. (Best case scenario if they remain compeitive)

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

The optimist in me can see it happening for sure. More so with Vlad than Bichette. Vlad has pretty much has his way with AA and I think he could easily handle AAA. If they need the firepower at the tail end of their window with their older vets and are in contention for the wild card....

 

Orioles and the Rays seem especially bad this year in the East. I can see them being in contention enough to give it a shot. They already called up Teoscar and Lourdes and they seem to have given them a jolt. Why not Vlad too?

 

Edit: Just want to clarify still post June maybe July-ish. (Best case scenario if they remain compeitive)

I know im looking for any optimism on a this yr call up but I can see this - if they are in the mix why trade a package of prospects for players to get you over the top when you have a difference maker sitting in the system - I get the idea of saving for additional yrs but that gets trumped if you have a legit shot at a playoff run.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Big Tuna said:

I know im looking for any optimism on a this yr call up but I can see this - if they are in the mix why trade a package of prospects for players to get you over the top when you have a difference maker sitting in the system - I get the idea of saving for additional yrs but that gets trumped if you have a legit shot at a playoff run.  

 

The more I think about it, the more possible I think a mid/late summer call-up is but it's entirely dependent on two things:

 

1. Jays need to be competitive. If they have nothing to play for there's no reason whatsoever to start the clock on him early. 

 

2. He needs to continue to rake and show that he's ready. I'm more confident in this one than the first, but it's still not inconceivable that he could struggle at AAA (or at AA with more exposure)... 19 years old is just so insanely young to be at the higher levels of the minor leagues let alone vying for a major league spot. 

Edited by absknicks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.