Sign in to follow this  
Triple Crown25

Robbie Grossman 2017 Outlook

Searched his name and only saw the 2016 outlook thread for him, so I apologize if I made a duplicate.  Last week or so has been pretty promising for him.  Mostly hitting 2nd and hitting leadoff today and has his avg up to .280 on the year with a pretty decent walk rate just by looking at line scores so far this year.  Anything to see here?  I just added in my 16 teamer points league.  Curious to hear others thoughts.

He seems to be streaky in his time with the Twins. He started off strong in 2016 and kind of slumped for a while around June. He is a decent player. But I see him as a borderline fantasy roster guy most of the time. I think he  really is about a 260 hitter with decent speed but doesn't steal much. 

• Like 1

Agreed.  He seems to have changed his approach to hitting.  Been an asset to my points league team, which is needed since Bautista is the worst player on the planet right now.

• Like 1

He is a left smasher and probably won't get many starts versus right handed pitchers. 

Well he's starting every day, so I am not sure what you're seeing @B&F??

27 Yrs old and possibly taking big time advantage of having a tiny bit of job security for the first time ever?

Another knock today, with of course a walk also a RBI. Up to .318/.483/.477 line--14 BB to 9K!

He's a hell of a nice OF3/4, esp in OBP or points leagues and it might actually be for real.

Edited by ST. STEVEN

Robbie Grossman is a switch hitter. 

He had a long hot streak to start 2016. And really tailed off in May/June  of 2016. It was like he wore down playing every day.   I am waiting for the hot streak to fade. Maybe he will pull a JD Martinez and keep it up.

The Twins did claim him off waivers from the Indians. And Houston gave up on him too.

I still think he will end up to be a .260 hitter that is borderline fantasy relevant like in 2016.  But I have been wrong before and would love to see him keep this up.

Batting .375/.500/.688 with 3 home runs and a steal over the last 2 weeks. Also batting over .300 in May. Limited playing time, but maybe with the Twins playing well he will get more chances going forward. Here is a home run from yesterday's game.

He has been a surprising good waiver wire pickup by the Twins after not making it in Houston and Cleveland.  His bat and plate discipline have been very good.

It will be hard for him to see more than spot duty in the outfield as he is the poorest defender of the 4 guys the Twins usually play there.  He might see more DH now that Vargas is back in AAA.