phatrat

Waiver Wire Touts - Streaming Options - Week 3

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever...

What about Chase Anderson? I feel kinda dirty suggesting him given his 1st of two starts this week is at Wrigley but he's been great since last summer. According to ESPN Daily Notes article he's got a 3.10 era since June 28th of last year in 87 innings. He's had two very nice starts already this year (granted his opponents were home vs COL and @TOR) and he gets the Cardinals on Saturday for start #2 of the week. The Cards have been awful to begin the year so that looks like a good matchup. 

I'm taking a good look at Lonnie Chisenhall moving forward....he's been on a tear since he's been back, and has been a serviceable fantasy asset in the past. I think CLE faces a few LHP this week, but someone to keep an eye on going forward...

How's everyone feeling about Mitch Moreland (22% owned in ESPN)? Napoli owners, like me, might be snooping around for other options.

Sounds like Joe Ross is getting the start on Wed @Atl. Had a bad first game at AAA but his last outing was great. 

2 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Sounds like Joe Ross is getting the start on Wed @Atl. Had a bad first game at AAA but his last outing was great. 

will start wed. I drafted him!!  finger's crossed.

look at Taylor Motter - Motter stepped up with two men on in the sixth inning and blew the game open with a 404-foot shot to left. He has been swinging the bat extremely well over the last four games, going 7-for-15 with two homers, five RBI and three runs scored. Motter is as hot as anyone on the team at the moment and will seemingly maintain a role even after Jean Segura (hamstring) returns to action next week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daiwee said:

look at Taylor Motter - Motter stepped up with two men on in the sixth inning and blew the game open with a 404-foot shot to left. He has been swinging the bat extremely well over the last four games, going 7-for-15 with two homers, five RBI and three runs scored. Motter is as hot as anyone on the team at the moment and will seemingly maintain a role even after Jean Segura (hamstring) returns to action next week.

Yeah, I read that too. Word for word.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if he was mentioned last week or not but Cesar Hernandez is looking pretty good right now. 13 runs, 2 hr (not expecting much power), 8 rbis, and a SB (should provide more of these) is a pretty good line this early in the year. I added him and dropped Panik recently since most of the time they would either ride my bench or play in my MI slot behind Dee Gordon. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I'm not sure if he was mentioned last week or not but Cesar Hernandez is looking pretty good right now. 13 runs, 2 hr (not expecting much power), 8 rbis, and a SB (should provide more of these) is a pretty good line this early in the year. I added him and dropped Panik recently since most of the time they would either ride my bench or play in my MI slot behind Dee Gordon. 

I tried picking him up but gone, good tout.

• Like 1

Whit Merrifield needs to be monitored or grabbed in deeper leagues. Raul Mondesi struggling and Merrifield has been hitting lately. In 16 plus leagues guys like him or gold because MI seems so hard to adequately fill.

31 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Something is telling me Chen @ Seattle

could be a solid stream tonight.

I wouldn't. Seattle is on a four game win streak. Their bats have started to wake up

Ender Inciarte is 63% owned in CBS leagues. Dude is hot right now, though many don't think the power is real - 4 HR (Hit 3 last season). Regardless, ride him while he is hot.

6 hours ago, BklynBlue said:

Austin Meadows

I was right there with you until Pittsburgh management went the conservative route and called up Jose Osuna. IIRC he was good this Spring... and I guess they want to give Meadows more polishing.

Boooooo!!! he is plenty polished. 

Picked up Amir Garrett to stream against BAL tomorrow (v Ubaldo). 

9 hours ago, High&Inside said:

Something is telling me Chen @ Seattle

could be a solid stream tonight.

9 hours ago, street sharks said:

I wouldn't. Seattle is on a four game win streak. Their bats have started to wake up

Ignore me

• Like 1

12 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Picked up Amir Garrett to stream against BAL tomorrow (v Ubaldo). 

I think Garrett might be better than a streamer and deserves a spot in your fantasy rotation (depending on roster size, etc).  I wouldn't cut a guy who has a track record and you drafted to anchor the back of your rotation to get him but if you have some room to cut some injured/deadwood players then holding him for another start or two might be lucrative. This is the time to grab guys like Amir or Mike Leake and see if they have period of outperformance like Drew Pomeranz last year in the first half. Worst case is they revert to scrubs and you're out a day of ratio killing stats and a minimal amount of FAAB bucks, best case they become solid contributors to your team or you can flip them in trade for another piece.  

Zach Davies and Jimmy Nelson both get STL at home - edit: Chase Anderson also while we're at it

Patrick Corbin gets @SD

Thoughts?

Edited by JJ1223

50 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Zach Davies and Jimmy Nelson both get STL at home - edit: Chase Anderson also while we're at it

Patrick Corbin gets @SD

Thoughts?

I like Chase Anderson against STL. I had the balls to roll him out there against the Cubbies the other day and it paid off.